Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

substitution

Options
  • 17-11-2015 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Can any garda do the paper work for a substitution licence? Went today to my local station & was told the FAO is away for 3 to 4 weeks. Bit annoying.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The title of Firearms officer is a made up title in that the post does not exist within the Gardaí. That being said the Garda nominated as the FO usually has a unique PULSE ID login to allow him/her to make changes to your firearms details.

He/she will not be the only one, but its usually Sergeant or higher that also can do this, but the FO is designated to do this so most rank and file Gardaí won't or cannot do it.

If it's a smaller local station and they send it onto the main station for finalisation than i'd bypass the small station and go straight to the main station. If it is the main station then you may have to wait.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

Thanks very much Cass.i will give it a few days then I mite try get the Sargent. Its the main station so lots of garda there.

When you go in just say that as a substitution must be done within a reasonable time frame (given as 14 days) that you need to hand the substitution off to someone that complete it within the given time.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Cass wrote: »
    When you go in just say that as a substitution must be done within a reasonable time frame (given as 14 days) that you need to hand the substitution off to someone that complete it within the given time.

Dropped in two weeks ago still can't get the Fo.
    Just demanded to speak with Sargent and he told me I will just have to wait. Will be at least another week before it get done as the trained garda is off. What a load of dung.

You didn't get speaking to a Sergeant?

Either go back and make an appoint with the Sergeant/Inspector or Super and get it sorted, or sit back and wait for the FO to return. There really is not much more you can do.

• Advertisement

Cass wrote: »
    You didn't get speaking to a Sergeant?

Either go back and make an appoint with the Sergeant/Inspector or Super and get it sorted, or sit back and wait for the FO to return. There really is not much more you can do.

I did Cass
    Was told to be patient. I rang the inspectors office at 3 today. They were ment to ring me back but noting yet.

Still no joy.
    How do I lodge a complaint against them? This is just ridiculous.

FPU, FO then direct to Super.

You need to establish the grant was issued, and if not why not. Then have it issued. If it was issued, then where is it, and have another sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Ring and ask for the Sergeants clerk, ask would he/she deal with FACs as most of the clerk do.. The Sergeants for my experience just sign them off.
    The clerk is also a Garda in my district but knows what's where, and when you should expect it.. Always my first port of call...

Advertisement