Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

carlcon wrote: »
    Do they let you look up past choices for that captain poll?

I'd love to see its record, and see how many top choices it has when you remove RVP from the equation.

I always watch it myself and its been fairly consistent throughout the season for decent captain returns. The leading choice mightn't always get the top return but they're normally up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Just got a text from my friend there saying he has taken another 8 point hit this week. He took a 12 point one last week. It's pure desperation from him. I have a 57 point lead at this stage. That has stretched to 65 with this news now.

He says he has an unreal team now. Somehow I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Just got a text from my friend there saying he has taken another 8 point hit this week. He took a 12 point one last week. It's pure desperation from him. I have a 57 point lead at this stage. That has stretched to 65 with this news now.

He says he has an unreal team now. Somehow I doubt it.

Anytime I thought that, my team does sub average. Its often the weeks that you just hope to survive so you can make changes the next are the ones that you do nicely.

Trying to catch someone in a league leads to risks and mistakes. All you have to do give yourself the best chance of scoring points without taking points hits and you'll do better than you think. Even RVP is prone to scoring 2 in a GW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Dempsey wrote: »
    Anytime I thought that, my team does sub average. Its often the weeks that you just hope to survive so you can make changes the next are the ones that you do nicely.

Trying to catch someone in a league leads to risks and mistakes. All you have to do give yourself the best chance of scoring points without taking points hits and you'll do better than you think. Even RVP is prone to scoring 2 in a GW :D

Especially when you are forced to put in a player who then plays great.

I think I'm going to stick to my plan of no points hits. My friend has taken around 50 this season, and that's the amount pretty much that separates us at the moment.

Good point about RVP. I just checked. He has as many 2 pointers as he does double digit scores.

Of course he is capable of getting 12, 11, 19, 11 and 13 in consecutive weeks and basically ****ing you completely over if you don't have him on your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Kompany just tweeted to say he's out of the City game tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Glad I got Valencia at 7.5mil now

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Glad I got Valencia at 7.5mil now

Got him in straight after the Wolves game,going to play a 3-5-2 formation for the first time,am I mad to leave Ba on the bench? The only midfielder I could consider dropping for him is McLean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Yeah I'm unsure what formation to play tomorrow, at the moment its 3-4-3 with Siggy, Valencia, Bale and Silva behind Cisse, RvP and Rooney. I'm unsure whether to go 3-5-2 and bring McLean in for Cisse.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

All 11 starters are at home this GW, all of which look nice on paper. I'm expecting (and badly in need of) a big score!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Apparently Silvas first 100 points came in the first 16 weeks and in his last 13 weeks he's only scored 50 .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Apparently Silvas first 100 points came in the first 16 weeks and in his last 13 weeks he's only scored 50 .

The key thing with Silva is that he hasn't looked like he's going to hit form anytime soon. There have been absolutely no signs of a pick up in fortunes for him.

There's an excellent chance he'll be rested for the game today btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I hate having a striker on my bench. I only remember willingly doing it once, when I figured Stoke at home to Newcastle would be fairly strong at the back. Up steps Ba with his hat-trick to make me look like a right idiot.

Cue Pogrebnyak stormer in Old Trafford.

3 of the Boards top 5 have RVP as captain, 2 have Rooney. Makes things that much more interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

I'm 3rd in boards league. Played the wildcard 7 changes. (Time to push on to the top!!)
    First 11 all playing at home. Will see what happens!!! Hoping bale does nothing as I have him benched.

This is weird... just saw the score updates. I only have 27 points but still managed to get all green arrows. I presume if Rooney bags a couple, they'll quickly turn red.

But for now, back in the top 100! 14th in Ireland isn't hurting either.

I have 24 with 5 to come off the bench in the shape of BAE

also Rooney, Valencia and Evans to play, so should end up above you carlcon :)

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I have 24 with 5 to come off the bench in the shape of BAE

also Rooney, Valencia and Evans to play, so should end up above you carlcon :)

Young -v- Valencia it is!

ah didn't realise you had Young

could go either way so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Come on Young!!
    After the no shop of RVP (3 goals for them and he does not even get an assist, what are the odds???) need an no show for Rooney as most others have him as captain.
    If Young can do all the scoring AND keep Valencia from chipping in, all the better (not asking much :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

All aboard the Valencia train... CHOO CHOO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

The call for Youngagedon starts here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

WOW BP are out early today............. :eek:

Bonus
    Cahill (2)
    Cole A (3)
    Assou-Ekotto

Bonus
    Gibbs
    Walcott (3)
    Arteta (3)

Bonus
    Wheater (3)
    Petrov
    N'Zonzi (2)

Bonus
    Gerrard
    Caldwell (3)
    Maloney (2)

Bonus
    Ward (2)
    Hoolahan (2)
    Fox (2)
    Holt (3)

Bonus
    McClean (2)
    Bendtner
    Taiwo (3)

Bonus
    Hibbert
    Baines (3)
    Distin (2)

Bonus
    Crouch (2)
    Clichy
    Yaya Toure (3)

Bonus
    Ben Arfa (2)
    Gutierrez
    Ba
    Cisse (3)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I know the BP debate has been done to death, but, seriously..Taiwo??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Three for taiwo and only 2 for mclean is a f'ucking joke no two ways about it. Mcclean scored, had an assist, produced a great bit of skill to set up the 3rd goal and generally played super. Taiwo took a nice free kick and was part of a back four that conceded three goals. Getting beyond a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Disappointed I didn't have the courage of my convictions re: Silva > Toure. 7 points would make a huge difference this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

16 points I had yesterday with BAE to come in with six. I was still 8th in the league Saturday evening but not sure how yesterday/bonus points have now effected that.

Transfer was a fail with Yakubu in for Suarez. I had to do the move to get Rooney in for Ade though and I do think the Yak will come good. It was just the worst time imaginable to play a highly motivated Bolton team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My advice for this morning regarding FF.

"Breattttthhhheeeeeeeeeeeee....."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

A bad score isn't really that bad this week. If you are sitting on <20 then you'll probably only lose 10-15 max on your opponents, if even that. Its nowhere near as bad as not having the right players in a 'big' week, where you could end up 30-40 points behind.

The guy with the best score this week doesn't have Rooney, Van Persie, Bale or Silva :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The brother in law set up a team around GW 3,he still has Arshavin,Agger (injured) and Delph:eek:

He has 45 points so far with 14 to come off his bench,his captain is Holohan.Weird how the sun shines on a dogs arse sometimes.:pac:

Here's us with our 'super teams' scrambling around on half that score this week.

Anyhow,c'mon United tonight.3 points with goals,assists & clean sheets from Rooney,Valencia & Evans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I see Walcott has managed to squeeze himself into the overall dream team. First time this season I think

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/dreamteam/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement