Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Day 3 and the peeling has already started. Delighted as I seem to remember the ones I used before taking longer before the peeling began!

Excellent!! Where did you get it? I need some of these for before my holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Picked up the LRP serozinc today in Sam McCauleys, feels so nice on my skin, especially when used with the effeclar duo!

I also bought the nyx setting spray in matte. I'm flying to St. Petersburg tomorrow so I'm gonna put it to the ultimate test. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭The Enabler

donna35 wrote: »
    Excellent!! Where did you get it? I need some of these for before my holiday.

Boots online. They're not cheap (€24.99) but I think it's worth it as the peeling started quickly. They seem to be working far better than the Penneys ones. I'm still peeling and it's gross! Can't wait for the peeling to end!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ballinasloex

Sorry to hijack this thread :o but could someone tell me how long it usually takes lookfanstic to deliver? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Had anyone used Anastasia Dip brow? I've heard great reviews but mostly from American bloggers (and reddit!), I'm wondering if any review closer to home might sell it for me.

If anyone has bought it, I'd appreciate a PM about the seller you bought from as well since there are loads on Amazon! They all have various prices as well, adding to confusion.

• Advertisement

jokettle wrote: »
    Had anyone used Anastasia Dip brow? I've heard great reviews but mostly from American bloggers (and reddit!), I'm wondering if any review closer to home might sell it for me.

If anyone has bought it, I'd appreciate a PM about the seller you bought from as well since there are loads on Amazon! They all have various prices as well, adding to confusion.

I've never used it but you can get Anastasia products in Elysian Brows in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Can totally recommend a locally made hand & cuticle cream, it's by The Sunvale Soap Co. I suffer from horrendous dry skin on my hands and used to use Elizabeth Arden's hand cream but it's way out of my budget now, so I have been trying a couple of different ones. I purchased this stuff on a whim(don't normally buy these kinds of stuff, usually buy creams in boots etc) and omg my hands are in great condition. I had a patch of sandpapery dry skin on my elbow, and applied this stuff and it has done the trick.

Makeup wise, I don't know if they have been mentioned already but Sleek makeup is amazing! The shadows are incredibly pigmented and go on really well. I don't know about their foundation but the next time I make an order, I might throw some in and give it a go.

Another recommendation is Make-up Revolution, their stuff is really good quality. The sterling - euro rate has put me off buying(shipping costs mainly) them but I'm visiting England for a few days so I'm gonna pick up a rake of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Anastasia Beverley Hills can be purchased on Beauty Bay too. http://www.beautybay.com/anastasiabeverlyhills/

Over the past few weeks I picked up these items.

Rimmel East End Snob lipliner - supposedly a dupe for a Charlotte Tilbury one I think. Don't have the CT one so can't say if it is a dupe.

Its also supposedly a dupe for MACs soar which I don't agree with, I have soar and its more of a brownish-pink, East End Snob is definitely a lighter pink, a "my lips but better" colour. That said, I haven't swatched them side by side, so maybe they are more alike than I realise.

1503762.JPG

Wet n Wild Mauve Outta Here - a nice daytime pink colour.

2liv86u.jpg

Wet n Wild Coral-ine

909D-Coraline.jpg

Giorgio Armani lip maestro 500 - absolutely gorgeous but crazy expensive. :(

Giorgio-Armani-Lip-Maestro-500_Bella-shmella-9.jpg

Boots 17 Statuesque eye shadow, gorgeous colour, plenty of fallout though unless I use my finger to apply it.

100910Boots17Shadow3.jpg.html

Collection Volumising Mascara

10168666?id=3T4bz0&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=504&hei=548

Lacura shimmering day cream - a teeny tiny bit of this mixed with foundation is gorgeous, gives a nice glow without being glittery or shimmer.

aquatics5.jpg

Bourjois healthy mix foundation

healthy_mix_serum_foundation.jpg

Make up brushes from eBay

001.jpg

NUXE Reve De Miel Lip Balm

10548881-1338997763-993256.jpg

Picked up these face masks also

http://www.cloud10beauty.com/skin-care/repair/face-mask/anatomicals-farewell-the-scarlett-pimperhell.html#.VV-wgflViko

http://www.cloud10beauty.com/skin-care/repair/face-mask/anatomicals-look-you-ve-got-chocolate-all-over-your-face-face-mask.html#.VV-wgvlViko

Also got a foot mask thingy in Dealz, picked up some Blank Canvas brushes from Cloud10Beauty too. Fantastic brushes. Just as good as my MAC brushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Umekichi wrote: »

Another recommendation is Make-up Revolution, their stuff is really good quality. The sterling - euro rate has put me off buying(shipping costs mainly) them but I'm visiting England for a few days so I'm gonna pick up a rake of stuff.

They also sell MUR in Superdrug in Dublin for anyone who is near one! I love their brush cleaner and eyeshadows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

jokettle wrote: »

I use it but I picked it up in the US. Apply it with the brush they recommend.

Don't really know how I lived without it. It's fantastic. I'm quite fair and am using the colour Taupe but if I was buying again I'd go for a lighter shade. I used Taupe in the pencil and it's fine with that but a little too dark in the dip brow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Recently I got the

Clarins booster tanning drops - only used once, like it do far but I wonder are the drops bad for skin snd will it cause dryness or spots after a few uses

illmasqua blush in Dixie - it's s cram blush, love the consistency and it lasts,, but the colour is too intense for me,even using a small amount.!i will definently get another one in a different colour

essence gel nail varnish - got the base coat, colour in a nude and the top coat, very shiny gel like finish, not as durable as it says but definently worth the money

Thanks for all the advice, I've ordered Dipbrow in Chocolate from Beauty Bay (and a lip stain may have snuck into my basket as well somehow...), I'll be sure to review once it arrives!

Boots online. They're not cheap (€24.99) but I think it's worth it as the peeling started quickly. They seem to be working far better than the Penneys ones. I'm still peeling and it's gross! Can't wait for the peeling to end!

A week today and the peeling is still going strong. Am amazed by how much skin is peeling off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I got the Penneys foot peeling things in Sam McCauley's in Blackpool today, €4, for anyone interested. Haven't seen them anywhere in months!

I spent the last hour picking out the different parts of a makeup storage unit from the container store. Came to 160e. Thought it was a bit expensive but said I'd get it anyway.

..until I hit complete order and it's added on another 150 for taxes and shipping.

Has anyone recommendations for things to store makeup in? I was using the ikea drawer set but I want something clear and with enough space to store MAC Studio Fix.

I can't help with the storage solutions, since all my makeup stuff is packed into the bathroom cabinet (much to my boyfriends bemusement), but would the shipping charges be reduced at all if you had it sent via Parcel Motel? I've saved a small fortune on shipping since I started using it about a year ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Taboola wrote: »
    I spent the last hour picking out the different parts of a makeup storage unit from the container store. Came to 160e. Thought it was a bit expensive but said I'd get it anyway.

..until I hit complete order and it's added on another 150 for taxes and shipping.

Has anyone recommendations for things to store makeup in? I was using the ikea drawer set but I want something clear and with enough space to store MAC Studio Fix.

Have you seen muji storage? They're stackable and come in all sorts for sizes, they've a shop near stephens green or you can order in sterling and PM it.
    They're about mid range in price for acrylic drawers, I quite like them anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭saythatagain

herclutterbox.ie

I don't have one but think these are what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Howards storage world in Carraicmines has make-up storage containers... not sure if they are what you had in mind though!

http://shop.hsw.ie/ProductDetails.aspx?Option=Category&OptionParameter=118

• Advertisement

My local Eurogiant has some of the acrylic storage containers, drawers etc in stock. About €15 each. They're good quality and sturdy, well they look and feel it, I don't have any myself.

They look like the Muji storage. Have a look in your local EG.

Wow, thanks everyone :) I'll look up those now. I went to Muji today already and had a look. The quality seemed excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

really need to stop reading this forum.

Recently purchased the two new Makeup Revolution pallettes:
    http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/eyes/palettes/ultra-32-shade-eyeshadow-palette-flawless-matte.html

http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/ultra-32-shade-eyeshadow-palette-affirmation.html

Can't wait to get them! I also picked up one of the lip hug lippies.

Since it was payday I visited Foody's pharmacy in Harcourt street and picked up some Paese goodies, a foundation, lip gloss and mascara. Pretty good prices so was happy with them. The foundation is supposed to control sebum so will see how that goes.

Also last night I picked up a few of these glosses as detailed on Nina's Bargain Beauty - they are 99p on ebay so worth a go:
    http://ninasbargainbeauty.blogspot.nl/2015/05/mn-generation-ii-longlasting-lipgloss.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Bourjois healthy mix foundation.[/quote]

Just wondering what you make of this foundation? Cannot seem to find one that doesn't cake

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just placed my first makeup revolution order! They're giving away free gifts worth £20 until tomorrow morning when you spend over £25 just in case anyone is thinking of ordering.

heyday30 wrote: »
    Bourjois healthy mix foundation.

Just wondering what you make of this foundation? Cannot seem to find one that doesn't cake[/QUOTE]Was that my post you quoted?

I'll answer anyway, hope that's okay :o

I love it. It's not too thick, but its not watery either, its a really lovely creamy consistency that blends easily and when its blended in it looks gorgeous, it has a dewy finish but it doesn't look shiny or greasy.

I prefer a matte base so just use a powder to mattify it and it looks great. It lasts about 6-8 hours on my oily skin too, but after about 3 hours I do need to top up with powder as I get shiny.

It has a medium coverage but it is buildable, or if you wanted lighter, more sheer coverage, use maybe half a pump and blend it in really really well.

Another great one, but a few euro more is the No.7 Stay perfect foundation - http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Stay-Perfect-Foundation_1376459/ (ignore the name in the blue text, its wrong)

Its a satin finish, light to medium coverage, lasts really well too. I have oily skin and it lasts about 10 hours or thereabouts, but I do need to top up after about 4-5 hours as I get shiny cos my skin is oily.

L'Oreal True Match is one I really, really did not like at all. It was shiny, greasy, cakey/powdery looking, uncomfortable to wear, it separated around my eyebrows, nose, mouth and chin. One of the worst I have tried, truly awful.

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr http://www.boots.ie/en/Rimmel-Lasting-Finish-25hour-Foundation_1150829/

The Rimmel one is nice, its feels heavy, it is full coverage, it can tend to look cakey so you need to do one small area at a time I've found, it sets very quickly but once it sets there is no budging unless you use an oil to remove it or something, its nice, but too heavy for me. Lasted really well though, but you wouldn't need to set your whole face with powder, personally, I didn't I just brought a powder with me and if I needed to touch up, I did, but its not one I'd really recommend unless you like that masked, heavy, full coverage look.

I use the powder as my setting powder and its great, as its a powder foundation it has some coverage but I use a duo fibre brush and just lightly dust it over whatever foundation I'm wearing and it really lasts I've found. http://www.boots.ie/en/Rimmel-London-Lasting-Finish-Powder_1636041/

The Max Factor Skin Luminizer is another good one, its a medium to full coverage that lasts really well, it does set quickly though so I would only do one area at a time, it also doesn't build too well, I've found if I tried to build on it, it would look cakey. Its a nice one, its not my fave but I would use it.

Another great one is the No7 Essentially Natural foundation, its light coverage with a satin finish, it looks great, builds easily and nicely for more coverage, lasts really well both with and without a powder. Definitely recommend this one http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Essentially-Natural-Foundation_1273323/

The Lancome Teint Idole 24hr is another great one, looks great, covers everything, feels nice and light, lasts really well but its over €30 I think. A great foundation but too expensive (for me anyway) for daily wear.

I've tried the Estee Lauder Double wear light but don't like it, its too heavy, and cake like for me personally. It does not budge though so its a great one for lasting, and for events etc. I personally wouldn't wear it everyday as it feels heavy, and I feel like my skin can't breathe with it to be honest. Its also similar pricing to the Lancome one, so not cheap.

Out of all of those the two No7 ones and the Bourjous healthy mix are my favourites.

I have tried loads, absolutely loads of foundations so fire away if you've any more questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I've just ordered myself a Loreal Steam Pod and I am so excited for it to get here! My hairdresser uses it on me and I can't believe how fantastic my hair feels after it. So I am excited to have one of my own. I think GHDs are very drying and just flatten the hair. The Steam Pod makes your hair feel really swishy and flowy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

I've just ordered myself a Loreal Steam Pod and I am so excited for it to get here! My hairdresser uses it on me and I can't believe how fantastic my hair feels after it. So I am excited to have one of my own. I think GHDs are very drying and just flatten the hair. The Steam Pod makes your hair feel really swishy and flowy!

I'm very jealous. Been eyeing one of those up for a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

heyday30 wrote: »
    I'm very jealous. Been eyeing one of those up for a while :)

if you are interested i got it on the site allbeauty.com for a great price plus they have a code for £10 off which ends tonight! so i got it and the protecting cream for less than £105 including tracked shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

These are just fantastic!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Osco-Clear-Acrylic-Tier-Sorter/dp/B003QGFB0O/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1432583413&sr=8-6&keywords=acrylic+storage

I bought five units & LOVE them!!! :D

Highly recommend them to any collectors as they stack perfectly & hold loads.

They are intended for A4 paper storage! :eek:

Advertisement