Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Battleground 2015 PPV Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Jaysus the apron is seeing some amount of action tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The Wyatt Family are back. Well at least that is something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Well that rectifies what should have never happened in the first place. Hope they take it somewhere now, there's potential in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Decent match, Wyatt did a good job carrying it. Happy Harper is back aligned with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sasha and Charlotte getting matches tonight, guessing Becky will get one tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

That Diva's match was actually good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Very good match! Sounded like the crowd weren't too impressed at the start, but they definitely got into it after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Thought they were gona give a Bella the win there. Delighted they didnt...

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Good match, lets hope it continues with matches that last longer than 5 minutes every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Divas triple threat the best thing so far, it was good but nothing more. Tried too many things and having so many at ringside was a distraction.
    That Reigns vs Wyatt match seemed to last forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

mxph3 wrote: »
    Quite enough thread tonight. No surprise since this is only 2 match show.

I've not had enough thread yet :pac:

Opener was good, three-way was OK but I'm not not a fan of the clustershambles of various outside interference. Cool to see Becky on a WWE PPV.

Announcers didn't even call the uranage slam on the apron in Wayatt v Reigns.

Cena's level of work this year is impressive, looks like he's gone up another gear and his matches are showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Cena is putting on an amazing performance to be fair to him.

Cena is wrestler of the year. Seriously.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Cena is wrestler of the year. Seriously.

Definitely agree with that statement. Damn nice AA as well :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Noooo

Kicks out of a top rope FU.

Taps out.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Cena still winning. Check

Awful awful awful STF. Austin will go spare on his podcast

I don't care what anyone says, that match was pure tripe, the kind of stuff you'd laugh at if it occurred at your local indy show. False finishes galore, a total joke.

• Advertisement

Right on the bridge of the nose my flippin hole Cole. FFS!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Riddle101

C'mon, an AA from the top rope should be a match ender, a regular AA is bad enough but when you get one from the top rope it's supposed to mean something. That's poor in ring psychology if you ask me.

I don't care what anyone says, that match was pure tripe, the kind of stuff you'd laugh at if it occurred at your local indy show. False finishes galore, a total joke.
    One person that agrees with you is JR. Mentions in his podcast that he's not impressed with the amount of false finishes and the power of finishers faltering.
    I enjoyed the match but the kickout from the top rope AA was a bit silly.

Does nobody ever show Cena videos of his matches so he can see how terribly he applies that hold. Where is the pressure supposed to be applied exactly!?!?

I really hate that specific finish. STF, nearly at the ropes, lol no dragged by the ankle back into the middle, tap.

Seems far too common with Cena.

I was really.. REALLY.. Hoping for someone that wasn't the big show to come out

I can just imagine Wyatt and Rusev greeting Owens backstage: "Welcome to the club."

Zemuppet wrote: »
    One person that agrees with you is JR. Mentions in his podcast that he's not impressed with the amount of false finishes and the power of finishers faltering.
    I enjoyed the match but the kickout from the top rope AA was a bit silly.

Honestly I've not enjoyed their trio of matches. The reliance on false finishes, the desecration of finishers in those matches and the lack of overriding story in their matches have made all their matches practically identical and indy-rific.
    It's not just these two that are guilty of that either, lots of people will point to HBK vs Taker at Wrestlemania that started that trend in WWE. I've preferred Cena's series with Cesaro.

I'm sensing a Heyman heel turn here. Lesnar having taken out all of Rollins stooges and also heyman coming across very Heelish on the preshow despite Brock being the face. Heyman is always a much better Heel and Lesnars actions as a face can do the talking for him

• Advertisement

Big Show face turn?

Big Show face turn?

OH GOD NO, PLEASE GOD NO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Big Show face turn?

Looks like it. I'm begging to think that WWE does it as a running gag now, more than anything else. His yearly face/heel turn.

I marked like crazy there. taker looks like he's in amazing shape

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

What a twist, did not see that coming

So, that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Not sure how ill feel about the ending tomorrow, but man that was awesome

Just winding my jaw back up after that, HOLY ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Talk about retribution for mania, great feud coming on

• Advertisement

Good call to kill the commentary . Lesnar's facials were great. Taker will obviously be the face, whatever direction they go with this. He looked that good I wouldn't be surprised if he was fit for a part time schedule now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

lol, where did rollins and the ref go ? it just ends as a no contest ? we all read the rumours and knew what was happening but really think it could of been done better than that ending.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,892 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Meh good ending would of been better if the rumour never came out he was coming back. Big possibility this mite be building towards wrestlemania 32 and we won't see lesner or taker again til next year.

So where does this leave sting for summer slam. Is say Roman reigns will have to pick a partner for a match Vs bray Wyatt and Luke Harper and he will pick sting

Too late to be thinking theory's talk more 2morrow

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

I enjoyed that PPV. Solid matches , great to see some bit of variety with regards moves.I even found The Miz entertaining! Also think I heard a Becky chant which must be a nice little moment for her personally.Good crowd, nice n loud.

Well that was the only reason why stayed up to watch this show.

Other than that it was fairly average show. At least they are building up Summerslam early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Not long home from the pub, think the missus, the child and the dog were rudely awaken when Taker came out....I marked out like a 10 year old

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Shows how badly they messed up Rollins when they had to do that ending and needed that match for Summerslam. Brock should have been returning at Summerslam to try and get revenge against a credible super heel Rollins. Not to slap Rollins around at a B ppv and need another part timer to set up a pointless rematch with Taker.

Add the usual Big Show crap and I wish Reigns won at Mania afterall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

What a twist, did not see that coming

It was "rumoured" on Reddit fwiw and Taker was confirmed for Summerslam in the wrestling press.

Rubbish finish but it's a b-show and the crowd were hot for it so...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Ageyev wrote: »
    It was "rumoured" on Reddit fwiw and Taker was confirmed for Summerslam in the wrestling press.

Rubbish finish but it's a b-show and the crowd were hot for it so...

That is why I don't look for spoilers, don't understand why people do, for me having absolutely no idea it was coming and hearing Takers music was class, assuming if people had suspicions it would be nowhere near as good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

That is why I don't look for spoilers, don't understand why people do, for me having absolutely no idea it was coming and hearing Takers music was class, assuming if people had suspicions it would be nowhere near as good

Casual fan reaction vs hardcore fan reaction
    ybZ1FoP.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they're still reacting to Owens losing clean to the ****tiest submission in wrestling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement