Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Georgeee wrote: »
    hey guys!! Shuwaaah is my oh and we've got news.............. little baby adam evan was born today at 14 45 weighing 7lbs 10 oz:D we're in awe he's class... i must be the proudest man in the world right now. i have a new respect for what ye ladys have to go through its alot easier to watch! honestly i couldnt be happier love ya shuwaaah xxxxx ( i know the mushyness is probly not welcome but i cant help it!) anyhows i hope to see loads of post from all of ye anouncing the little bundles best of luck dudes im sure herself will fill ya in on the details when she back up and runnin! :D:D:D

Congratulations to you both. Isn't it the most amazing experience!

Girls, I cannot wait to do it all again. I loved it.
    Will post my birth story on the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Congrats Cadyboo, hope yourslef and baby Liam are doing well. Such a long labour, yikes! And he was a fine size too!

Cap, glad to hear the sweep didn't cause you too much pain, sounds like a nice birth. My wee man is the same, cannot keep him fed! 2.5 days worth of feeds emptied a 400g tin :-O just as well we're getting this food at a discount or we'd literally be eaten out of house and home! Sorry to hear the breastfeeding didn't work for you but at least you know you tried :-)

Well himself came on here last week and informed ye of the news, Adam Evan is a week old today. The birth was a lot easier than what I expected (you can be fine sure I wouldn't be saying that if I hadn't had the epidural) :D

Got home on wednesday, was never so happy to get away from somewhere as I was to get away from that hospital! I couldn't fault the care I recieved there at all (with the exception of one nasty midwife) but had a very rough night and was dying to get back to the home comforts. The wee man is settling in great, sleeps for 6 hours or so and then takes a feed and sleeps for another 2-4 hours, but can't keep him fed during the day, he's a savage like his parents!
    I absolutely love him to bits, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

Everyone's on the home stretch now, I hope ye are all making the most of the maternity leave, and I hope the last couple of weeks at work fly by for those of ye due later on.

Thanks for all the support over the last few months, I found ye all to be of such help and it was great to have the advice and reassurance of others who were at the same stage as me, it really was invaluable. Best of luck to those still waiting to pop, see y'all on the newborn thread!!! :D x

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

i second that.

it was great to have people to reassure me, answer questions and give advice!! i would have been lost without ye ladies

muchos grasseyass :)

xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Cap glad to hear you little boy is loving his bottles, the boys really do love their food!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Cap glad to hear you little boy is loving his bottles, the boys really do love their food!

That they do! I think my wee man has doubled in size in the last two days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    Thanks for all the support over the last few months, I found ye all to be of such help and it was great to have the advice and reassurance of others who were at the same stage as me, it really was invaluable. Best of luck to those still waiting to pop, see y'all on the newborn thread!!! :D x

Definitely have to second this, it's been brill sharing all our ups and downs together, so lovely that we're all coming out the other end now with our bundles of joy :)

wmpdd3 I think you're right, it must be a boy thing. My little girl has the appetite of a sparrow & was so finicky to get a bottle into as a newborn.
    It took a while to get the bottle in then as long to get the wind out after :rolleyes:

This little fella is now taking 4-6oz bottles at each feed :eek: he's only 5 days old! He even slept 5 hours last night, I thought there was something wrong when he slept so long, kept checking to see he was ok :o
    I'm not complaining one bit though, long may it last :D

angelll wrote: »
    Huge congrats caprillicious :) Sounds like a lovely birth :) How's your dh doing?

He's doing great thanks Angelll. He went back to the hospital for a check up and we thought they'd sign him off soon to allow him back to work but they want him to keep the back brace on even longer so at this rate I think he'll be at home for most of my maternity leave.

It's a blessing in one way as he's not in too much pain, just has to be extremely careful not to cause further damage, that's why he's off work so long.
    However it means he can help out a bit with the babies so I can't complain.

How are you getting on with your little man? Does the pregnancy feel like it was a million years ago yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Awe i'm loving and extremely emotional reading birth stories from the April/May boards, still waiting patiently here but not due until 10th/11th May.
    I had a Dr. appointment yest and the head was very much engaged so could be anytime! Next appointment is back in the Rotunda next Tuesday to get the sweep-so so nervous and scared.
    Thought I was well in the "zone" for giving birth but in the last week i've been breaking down and thinking "i can't do this".....need to cop on!!
    Broke down watching the home births on Birth of the Nation last night on RTE1, I just can't wait to take my little baby home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I bawled my eyes out at each one born every minute from dec until i had baby in the end of jan. I watched 2 more in feb before saying 'turn that thing off'. Hormones are funny things!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    i second that.it was great to have people to reassure me, answer questions and give advice!! i would have been lost without ye ladies

[QUOTE=saggycaggy;78437963
    Thought I was well in the "zone" for giving birth but in the last week i've been breaking down and thinking "i can't do this".....need to cop on!!
    Broke down watching the home births on Birth of the Nation last night on RTE1, I just can't wait to take my little baby home.

I haven't been on in a while and I feel like I missed so much, I was soo ill.. I had ear, throat and bladder infection absolutly felt rotton, finished anti biotics but still have blocked ears :( urghh rotton.. anyway just read through the updates and I cried at the above comments ha ha.. soo bloody emotional. I also watched the births of the nation today and I broke down, the labour is freaking me out.. ahh i suppose it has to be done!!!!!!

Congrats Capp im delighted for you.. xxxxx im delighted for you all...

I'm out of work sick now so I'm BORED out of my tree, im due in 24 days ahh.. I'm due the 25th of may i hope i don't go over too much, i want to get back to normal now :) Where cam I read the birth stories? Is there another tread for it? I cry reading them as well!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Hey all. Just checking in. had been a week full of mixed emotions. My nan passed away last tues morning. Wad so sad. She lived over 2 and a half hours away so I couldnt even go to d funeral as was overdue. I had the sweep thurs and didnt find it painful. A lil incomfortable but thats it. Friday I was very emotional. My nan was being buried and I coulnt go. I spent d day in my mother in laws as didnt wana be alone n al my family were gone to d funeral. Fri night / sat morning I staryed to get pains around 3am. Nothing 2 bad but different. Waters went at 6am . So headed to hosp. Labour didnt progres so sun mornin put me on drip at bout 9am. Pains started at 10 am and lil woman was here at 18.59. Have to say was good labour n were both flyin. Named her Aoife Martha (martha was my nans name). Was a week of such mixed emotions . My dad had tears in his eyes when I told him her name. He had to walk out of d room for a mo. Hope every1 else is doing good. And I hope those of u who are stil waitin arent gettin 2 impatient. Its deffinetly worth d wait.

Sucee I'm so sorry to hear about your nan and that you didn't get to see her before she passed. Hopefully she is looking down over your little girl x
    Congratulations on the birth of Aoife Martha, sounds like it was a long labour for you, what weight was she?
    Hope you're both doing well x

Congrats Suucee on the birth of Aoife Martha, so lovely that you called your wee girl after her, Martha is a gorgeous name-as is Aoife. Great to hear it was a positive birth. Sorry to hear about your nan,such an emotional time.

No stirring or movement here and im bored out of my mind!!Hope you are all keeping well with your new babies and those still waiting are keeping well-sure we're nearly there!!x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I'm a day over now (unsurprisingly). Had a sweep on Wednesday and it was really painful and left me in agony with cramps for two full days, which have now stopped and I can behave like a human being again. I guess it's painful when baba isn't ready to move. I'm predicting another bank holiday baby here (#1 arrived on the Sun of the June bank hol in 2010).

I will never believe another word I say or type again! I must be the only overdue woman who got a shock when she went into labour - I lost my mucous plug (wasn't sure) about 3 hours after posting this on Sat and my waters went at 18:30, (but I thought it was just enthusiastic pee:rolleyes:) It was only when I felt a gush as I was eating my Chinese at 22:00 that I copped I was probably in labour. My friend had to help me pack the ward bag! Pains started then, got to hospital after midnight and my little woman arrived at 12:20 on the Sunday. No section this time and the staff must think I am a loon because when she popped out and I got a look, I was repeating "I did it, I did it!" across at my hubby at full volume! Am stiff and sore now (tear and supersize piles), but she's gorgeous and I got my VBAC:D

Good luck to all to have to go yet, you won't remember the wait when you have your baba in your arms!

Aw congratulations Implausible!!! Brill that it was such a fast labour in the end!

Hope mum & baby are both doing well :) Make sure your doc gives you Scheriproct or Proctocedyl for the piles if they haven't already - great for shrinking the buggers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Sucee I'm so sorry to hear about your nan and that you didn't get to see her before she passed. Hopefully she is looking down over your little girl x
    Congratulations on the birth of Aoife Martha, sounds like it was a long labour for you, what weight was she?
    Hope you're both doing well x

Wasnt really long labour as pains went away after waters broke and didnt come back till they put drip in. So was onnly about 9 hours. Aoife was 6lb 10oz.

Congrats Implausible on your little girl. So true about not remembering the wait. it is so worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Next appointment is back in the Rotunda next Tuesday to get the sweep-so so nervous and scared.

Just curious, I'm also at the rotunda and also due the 10th or 11th, would you mind if I asked you why they would perform a sweep?

lounakin wrote: »
    Just curious, I'm also at the rotunda and also due the 10th or 11th, would you mind if I asked you why they would perform a sweep?

No problem, I was actually taken by surprise when the Dr. said it to me at my last appointment- I assumed it was only given if a woman goes well over her due date. I asked the Dr. and she said that because this is my second child that I would be more "favourable" to the sweep at 39 weeks rather than let me go over. If it was my first then they would leave it off for longer. I asked my own dr. at my appointment last week and she said the same. I'm happy to go with it, thought I would have gone by now since I went early with my daughter (silly to think like that I know) but feeling very fed up and emotional so if it helps im happy!

When is your next appointment in the Rotunda?

My next appointment is Thursday. I really don't like seeing the doctors there, I don't know about your experience but I always leave the check-up feeling stressed out and anxious! lol.
    I was asking because there seems to be a trend of always interfering with people's pregnancy! I know how you feel, I really want this baby out as soon as possible but why would they do this so early? Especially when you know that we're all different and the way they calculate the due date is usually quite inaccurate.
    It's my first baby so I know when I get to 40 weeks they'll start brandishing various things in my face to get everything started and that really bugs me since I want to have a natural birth. So as long as there's enough fluid and the baby's ok, I will say no... but I'm glad I read your post, it prompted me to do research on the practice and probably expect it!
    Good luck for your appointment!

I've always had such positive appointments-I would look forward to them and always see the same midwife and dr. and would feel relaxed and happy after each visit. That's awful for you if you feel like that after every appointment- is it after seeing a specific Dr/Midwife? I'm semi-private by the way.

I have been doing my own research on the sweep since I was told about it but when I am examined tomorrow and if im still considered favourable then I'm happy to proceed. I'll let you know how I get on anyway, good luck with your next appointment.

• Advertisement

Best of luck tomorrow Saggycaggy, I hope all goes well with your sweep! with any luck you will be holding your baby in the next 24-48 hours, so exciting!

Lounakin that's disappointing that you had such a negative experience with your doctors, not what you want on your first :( just remember they can't force you to take any intervention, hopefully all will go well and it wont come to that.

Saggycaggy, I'm public and the doctors keep changing... It's basically 2 or more hours waiting (you're lucky to get a seat) for a 2 minute check-up. In the few months I've only had one doctor that was nice, who took a few more minutes and even gave me a couple of scan pictures to take home. But usually you're in and out. The last 3 visits I've had I was unlucky enough to get the same particular doctor, a woman, who not only refused to answer any of my questions but also managed to scare me needlessly. I had very specific questions and in the 3 times I wasn't able to get any of them answered! Anyway, I find the midwives amazing and if I had to do it all again I would do the midwife clinic. Unfortunately as a public patient you only see one for the big anomaly scan.
    Best of luck, hope you get your baby soon! Such exciting times!

Just lying in the Rotunda looking at my beautiful baby girl born at 2.04pm today. Just about made it to the hospital!!Emily is her name and she was 7lbs 11. We're both doing great but both tired!!xx

Just lying in the Rotunda looking at my beautiful baby girl born at 2.04pm today. Just about made it to the hospital!!Emily is her name and she was 7lbs 11. We're both doing great but both tired!!xx

Congratulations saggycaggy!!!!! absolutely thrilled for you :) I hope you & baby Emily are doing very well!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

awwwww congrats :) delighted for you. love the name too :)

im lying in my bed looking at the little monster in the Moses basket beside me and still finding it hard to believe that she's mine and i made her!!! its still all so surreal!!!!!

but yeah... well done all of us!!!!

is there anyone still to pop in this thread????

Congratulations saggycaggy! So did you get the sweep in the end? If you did it must have worked!
    Love the name (it's my name! ha ha!)
    And to answer staticdoor71: I'm still to pop! My official date is tomorrow but it's my first so I don't know if she'll be on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭littlemissfixit

Still to pop too! Estimated date on Sunday 13th. Got very little warning with my first who came 3 weeks early, so I am symptoms checking like a mad woman :p Just want to make it to the hospital in time!
    Baby still seems happy enough in there and Im not too uncomfortable so I'm happy to go all the way and enjoy a few more full nights sleep!!

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm still here!

Due date is Saturday. :eek:

Happy to wait though until baby is ready - luckily I dont seem to have that discomfort that most other women have before birth - I still feel like I'm about 6-7 months along...but getting a bit bored at home - gonna have a cook-a-thon at the weekend and stock up the freezer.

Im the same, still comfortable enough, but wouldn't be fit to do a lot so getting a bit bored sitting around.
    Had a cook-o-thon 4 weeks ago cause my first was 3 weeks early, had another one last week cause had got through a good few bits, especially for my 19 month old, she can be a bit picky and there is no way I will have table battles once baby is here!! I have also warned hubby that he will be on meal and cooking duties for the forseeable future ;)
    Few pains this morning, but done a good bit of walking yesterday, so it could be just muscles sore. GP apt this afternoon, hopefully the last one...

• Advertisement

I suddenly got some development! I was due today and yesterday the midwife asked if I wanted a sweep. She said she wouldn't do it if my cervix wasn't ready so I said ok. Turns out I wasn't ready and she couldn't perform it. I came home knowing that things were on the way but it wouldn't be for a good few days. I also felt the same I'd felt in months so I knew inside nothing was happening. That same evening I got the "show", and was convinced it was due to the examination I had that day. Then it looked like some of the water broke! I started panicking because I didn't want someone to break them for me (I thought the midwife must have really been harsh).
    Anyway, at 2 am I started feeling what seemed like contractions, but I can't be sure. All day, I've had them and I'm still not sure! I thought it would be obvious... I feel so dumb! I have a dull back ache that comes and goes every 2 minutes accompanied by a slightly painful contraction at the lower front of my stomach. Could that be false labour?
    I took a bath and went to the cinema with my hot water bottle on my back and the pains have gone for now.

You're not alone feeling that way Lounakin. My first time, I started having backache and pains very low at front just after an examination (just regular exam) where I thought the midwife was very rough. Since I was 3 wks early, I didn't believe it was anything even though I had a feeling deep down. But I kept telling myself it was just false alarm and went on my normal plans (which were to go down to Cork from Dublin with hubby for the weekend!!) During the day I had a slight show and again kept convincing myself it wasnt it, and I felt so silly not being able to tell if it really was or not.
    Next morning the pain wasn't going away and I thought it was better to get back to Dublin, just in case. Contractions started being regular that evening, although very manageable, and my daughter was born the next morning. They had to brake my waters twice, didn't even know that was possible, but it all went very fast after that.
    Its not always so easy to tell, and even this second time around, I know every labor is different and I cant be certain I will be any wiser!

Definately monitor the contractions and phone the hospital if your not sure, they will be able to help.
    Good luck!!

Thanks for that! Well I had the contractions all day but none last night (slept like a baby!) and none today again. I really thought this was it, now I'm disappointed it might not happen! Already a day overdue.

Try not to worry, it will happen when baby is ready.
    I am due tomorrow, and I know that like you I will start wondering then if its gonna happen of its own accord, dont like the idea of being induced, but just take it one day at a time, dates are estimated anyway and rarely accurate!

We're nearly there! Cant wait now!

Best of luck to you! Can't wait either. Getting really uncomfortable now!

Thanks for all the best wishes ladies , I'm finally taking a few minutes out to let you know how the birth went. Last Tuesday I had a Sweep done (I was 39+4) but was happy to get it done. I felt absolutley fine afterwards and only had a wee bit of spotting that evening but no cramps or anything.
    Wednesday morning I woke at 7am and felt fine apart from slight cramping that I put down to having sweep. After a visit to the loo I noticed my mucas plug! I was still feeling good though.
    I gave my daughter breakfast and at 8am I said to my husband that I think today is the day as it feels like things are starting to happen-stronger cramps and slight back pain. We dropped our daughter to playschool and I showered and got my bag together. It was now 11.30am and my husband wanted to go to the hospital as according to my timings of contractions they were only 3mins apart and lasting nearly 1minute but because they weren't that intense I assumed I was timing them wrong!
    We took off anyway, parked the car at 12.30pm and checked into the Rotunda at 12.55pm. I was examined straight away...............8cm!! I couldnt believe it, the midwife said i'd have my baby in my arms within the hour! I think I went into shock! I stood up and felt this almighty surge in my bum and SPLASH! my waters literally exploded out of me-I screamed, husband screamed and midwife screamed-we all got such a fright! She got me onto a wheelchair and wheeled me up to delivery asap!
    Straight on the bed, kneeling up against the head of the bed and sucking the life out of the gas and air-my new best friend! After about 10minutes the midwife said the babies heartrate was dropping so I turned around on my back and had to start pushing.
    The baby was becoming more distressed and also in the stargazing position so the ventouse was needed asap, a episiotomy was also needed (I had a pervious 3rd degree tear) but I agreed to anything at that stage to get the baby out safely. At 2.04pm beautiful Emily was born. I went into shock then and found everything a bit of a blur, everything had happened so fast I couldnt believe it.
    I was discharged the next day and delighted to go home with my little girl. I've been feeling extremely hormonal and crying alot since but it's only normal right??

Best of luck to the rest of you ladies waiting to give birth, it's such an amazing special time.xx

• Advertisement

saggycaggy, I hope your baby blues goes away fast! It makes a lot of sense that you would feel it when all the hormones leave your body after being there and building up for 9 months! Totally normal.... but they tend to say that if it lasts more than a couple of weeks you should perhaps talk to somebody. I'm sure the nurses in the Rotunda could talk to you about it.
    Thank you so much for telling us your tale!
    Still no movement here for me but it's my first so they told me to expect a late baby.
    Good luck!

Due date was today. Last night was woken up by sharp pains in my lower back, I had that with my first about 48 hours before I had her, so hoping its the same of closer yet. Took some panadol and tried to get back to sleep again. Not much pain today... lets see what happens in the next 24hrs!

Neyite wrote: »
    I'm still here!

Due date is Saturday. :eek:

Happy to wait though until baby is ready - luckily I dont seem to have that discomfort that most other women have before birth - I still feel like I'm about 6-7 months along...but getting a bit bored at home - gonna have a cook-a-thon at the weekend and stock up the freezer.

Proof I definitely need to go to specsavers......I thought you said you were gonna have a cock-a-thon at the weekend, I thought fair play to you, I'd no energy for that lark in the end :o

Still a few left to go, hopefully ye wont go too far over, or at least that the time will pass quickly for you :)

Saggycaggy I was the same after my previous labour. That labour was fast & furious with my daughter being born within an hour of my waters being broken. It all happened so fast in the end that I was in shock & shaking after.
    I was extremely weepy afterwards & the smallest things would set me off for weeks after.
    Definitely mention it to your GP if it continues for a prolonged period.

I hope you & Emily are recovering well :)

Lounakin & Littlemissfixit, the pains sound positive that there might be some action about to happen! Hope you get to meet your baby(s) soon!

Proof I definitely need to go to specsavers......I thought you said you were gonna have a cock-a-thon at the weekend, I thought fair play to you, I'd no energy for that lark in the end !

LOL thanks for the laugh,needed that!

Thanks for the advice re the baby blues ladies, I'm feeling a million times better. If I cry now it's because I'm so happy with my perfect little bundle of joy! Our bodies go through so much during the birth and then to have a baby to look after it is just life changing, no wonder we turn into an emotional mess!
    Hope you are all keeping well, new mums and mums to be-can't wait to hear the rest of the birth notices!

Thanks for all the help and guidance over the 9months, it was great to have other people going through the same experiences at the same time and get help/advice etc. Our posts will be nice to read back over in time!

xxx

• Advertisement

Well I am still here at +3 days, am I the only one?
    Thought yesterday was getting closer to the real deal, but this morning nada! Im all about that the baby will come when it is ready, but Im getting very impatient and looking forward to meet him/her!!!
    Walked a lot yesterday, up and down the strairs, in the car for a drive on a bumpy road :rolleyes: and this morning, well, tmi I included the hubby in the process of trying all them old wives tales that bring on labour if you know what I mean :p
    Not gonna go down the road of the spicy curry, afraid of unpleasant side effects and have enough heart burns as it is.
    Anyone else ticking down the list of diy induction?!?!

Lilmissfixit I'm afraid I can't suggest any more effective DIY inductions, but just wanted to wish you well & hopefully something you've tried will work!!

I tried them all on my first pregnancy.....walking (miles!), pineapple, curry, gallons of tonic water.....the list goes on, but baby still didn't put in an appearance until 2 weeks after due date :rolleyes:

Thanks! I know, just need to stop thinking about it and enjoy the last few nights sleep this baby is kind enough to give me :)

Hi Ladies, Well i've one more week till my due date the 25th May, i hope i dont go over too much, i have enough at this stage :) .. i've had a crappy few weeks, been really ill and then ended up in the coombe two weeks ago with suspected pre clampsia it turned out fine in the end but i was told they might induce me if the results were bad!! I was told my baby was a big baby and they KEEP asking me if i had the diabetes test, i did and everything was okay!! anyway had an app on tuesday and again said she was big baby looking at a 9 pounder eek i'd prefere NOT to know its my first pregnancy and i'm a bit nervous of it all.. i hope i go soon, the head is engaged and i've been nesting, painting cleaning, constantly cleaning although today im very tired and i feel a little puky ( sorry for tmi~!), im getting crampy every night but then nothing, appartently the head is engaged so please GOD it'll happen soon.. i'm taking up to drinkning pineapple juice and eating pineapple... hope you girls go soon so you can get back to normal again :)

and congrats saggy for your baby girl emily hope your both at home now and doing well :)

Cocoemma sorry to hear you weren't well, at least you're near the finish line now :)
    If it's any consolation regarding the size, a girl I know was told her baby would definitely be at least a 9lb-er, he was a nice sized 7ish lb.

I was told my daughter would be 8lb or thereabouts, she was 6lbs 10, though the placenta was big.

I was also told my son would be "no more than 7lb" - he was 8lb 6!

So I think there's a lot of guess work involved in the scans.

Either way, hopefully you'll meet your baby soon enough :)

Will be 1 week over tomorrow, this baba is a lot more patient than me it seems, must take after his father!!!
    Please come out :o Never thought I would be one day wishing so much to get in pains!

Thanks capp im soo glad to hear that, ive read some things online about people being told the baby is huge and then there a pound lighter then expected. I really dont mind if it's a big baby once the head isnt gigantic :) .... im due on friday and today i woke up had period pain, then it went then since this evening ive had period pain and pain in my va ja ja ( sorry tmi) and my back it's going on since early this evening i havent had a show of blood or anything, i dont know if it's labour starting or what !!!!! was anyone else the same? I have app in the hosp in the morning, i'll mention it to them!

Well littlemissfixit the last time you were on was the 19 im hoping you had your baby by now, i'm sure you were very fed up :) my fingers are crossed for you!!!! :)

Coco I hope for you your pains mean more than mine, Im still here, still pregnant :eek:
    I have had every prelabor signs possible but no labor yet, everytime I have a pain in back and pelvis im starring at the clock to see if another one will come along. With my daughter it started with a sharp enough pain in the back and down below that just lasted the whole evening (didnt come and go like contraction), the next day contractions started at about 40min apart in afternoon and went on from there until 5 min apart at 5am when we went to hospital. Very quick and straight forward.
    This time I've had pains on and off for at least last two weeks, had the sharp pain in back last week, losing some of the plug for past 2 weeks, loose bow mov (sorry tmi), etc. Thats what makes the waiting worse I think, everyday thinking; that has to be it now!!!
    Im fairly patient, not too fed up (love being pregnant and its likely to be last time, baby must feel this!), but I really wanted to go spontaneously again...I have come to terms now that I may be induced in the next couple of days, although I believe in time nature would take its course I wouldnt want any risk for my baby.
    Apt this afternoon, according to hospital dates will be 9 days over, according to my dates (which franckly I think are right) will be 5 days over. Will try to hold off till friday, give it one last chance to make a voluntary exit

My 19 month old puts her head on the belly saying "out baby out" the cutie! After its here she'll probably be saying "go back, go back!" :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

cocoemma wrote: »
    im due on friday and today i woke up had period pain, then it went then since this evening ive had period pain and pain in my va ja ja ( sorry tmi) and my back it's going on since early this evening i havent had a show of blood or anything

Pretty much describes how labour started with my first baby, fingers crossed you don't read this cause you've started!

Had sweep done today, 2-3cm dilated, fingers cross you wont here from me for the next few days meaning I will be having my baby. Otherwise, booked in friday morning for fetal assess and then induction friday eve.

• Advertisement
Advertisement