Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

******Motors Chat - Round 6******

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

I'd actually love that Carina. Bag it for about €350 and you're good to go for 6 months at least.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yea I was hoping mine would have come straight from Oldbury but there now showing up as inbound at Edinburgh.

If I have all four of mine by the weekend I'll be happy enough. No idea why the front tyres are so far behind.

Realistically I'd say Thurs/Fri is when I'll have them! Would hate to have to wait another weekend. Having these wheels sitting in my house is annoying me!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Realistically I'd say Thurs/Fri is when I'll have them! Would hate to have to wait another weekend. Having these wheels sitting in my house is annoying me!

At least it's not the other way around. The smell of rubber is sickening!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Interslice wrote: »

That's actually good bangernomics tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Kaiser D wrote: »
    I'd actually love that Carina. Bag it for about €350 and you're good to go for 6 months at least.

Even with all my love for big engined 70's 'murican cars, I will always love that model carina.

Considering buying that one...

• Advertisement

Even with all my love for big engined 70's 'murican cars, I will always love that model carina.

Considering buying that one...

It's a GLI model and all

It's the same color as (half of) mine is, so I could have two of the same.

I paid €750 for mine, although it is the very exclusive 2.0 non turbo diesel with 424,000 miles don't you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

You know that Carina could just be a perfect car for my summer plan :D

You know that Carina could just be a perfect car for my summer plan :D

YUSS!
    Perfect! Now just check it with the other one!

That Carina, being a gli, will have 4x electric windows, electric sunroof and suede effect seat fabric as opposed to cloth in the standard car.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Bit of a stupid question here, but is it unusual to have to balance brand new wheels? Got a quote for 60 quid from the crowd I go to all the time out in ballymount, to fit and balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Bit of a stupid question here, but is it unusual to have to balance brand new wheels? Got a quote for 60 quid from the crowd I go to all the time out in ballymount, to fit and balance.

yeah, sure its down to the tyres as well as the rims

my stupid question: Will i pass the nct if the boot button doesnt work but the boot does open using the button on the key ?

It's more you're balancing to offset the imbalance in the tyres rather than the wheels. But yeah, completely normal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

crazy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

my stupid question: Will i pass the nct if the boot button doesnt work but the boot does open using the button on the key ?

Bring the spare key and pop the boot when you see the guy going towards it :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

At least it's not the other way around. The smell of rubber is sickening!

Had 4 new tyres in the back of my car for about an hour last week, the smell is still lingering!

Just seen the post count, we're nearly ready for motors chat round 6 already!!

That was quick, 7 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

That's because I joined in. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

YbFocus wrote: »
    Just seen the post count, we're nearly ready for motors chat round 6 already!!

That was quick, 7 months!

Should call it at page 666 :cool: it'l never happen :P

I finally got round to ordering me some boards stickers

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    That's because I joined in. :pac:

You are the first poster I've seen come on and literally just take off on here :)
    Not to bring it up again but that shows the great thing about the chat thread!

I ordered mine today too :D

Jesus I just remembered I was supposed to do a compression test for you like 8 years ago :o does tomorrow suit at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Bring the spare key and pop the boot when you see the guy going towards it :P

I was thinking about doing that but a bit sketchy !

Was thinking bout been honest and just saying if to the tester as its going in !

You are the first poster I've seen come on and literally just take off on here :)
    Not to bring it up again but that shows the great thing about the chat thread!

I ordered mine today too :D

Jesus I just remembered I was supposed to do a compression test for you like 8 years ago :o does tomorrow suit at all?

nah im up to my eyes in work, lost my years work :( so im trying to claw back what i can, in fairness, I've redone a few projects in the last 2 days :cool:

efficient as it gets

Sort yer posts per page, it's only page 248 :p
    lol, talk about extremes :D
    nah im up to my eyes in work, lost my years work :( so im trying to claw back what i can, in fairness, I've redone a few projects in the last 2 days :cool:

efficient as it gets

Dropbox laddy!

efficient as it gets

What you doing on here :P

Ah jesus thats awful man, had you a lot of stuff on it that wasn't submitted?

Sort yer posts per page, it's only page 248 :p

Dropbox laddy!

Lesson learned!

Well it's a good month :) totally slipped my mind!
    Dropbox laddy!

I will second this, such a fantastic bit of kit!

What you doing on here :P

Ah jesus thats awful man, had you a lot of stuff on it that wasn't submitted?

Taking a break :pac: theres only so much speccing/drawing you can do in an hour. for me its 55 :pac:

It had a good bit, but i have all the hard copies so i just gotta scan them and do it that way, I have my main project for the year on my cloud thing so at least i didn't loose that, if i did, it was game over for me :o

Well it's a good month :) totally slipped my mind!

I will second this, such a fantastic bit of kit!
    It's a nearly over month :p

I've my last 3 years of lectures/assignments/etc on it, so damn handy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I collected my new centre cap. So back to one on each wheel now :) got it in vw main dealer in the end as the ones online were not that much cheaper and many had bad reviews of not fitting correctly and peeling discolouring after a few months. Tenner in the end which I though was reasonable enough.

239B43CF-5FDB-46B8-9F88-F9249B0FDB81_zpsbphsu4hb.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement