Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Caught speeding-help needed with translation

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Phil_Lives

If he was on Irish plates he'd run the risk of being pulled by bored local traffic police for no particular reason on the autobahn just to mix it up from their usual boring drudgery of pulling in Dutch WohnWagens and LKWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Phil_Lives wrote: »
    I'm assuming HD stands for Heidelberg and if you did 91kmph at the speed camera at Karlstor which is on the B37 then you deserve your 95euro fine if not much more. Seriously reckless to be travelling that fast there. I assume you were barging in front of another car where the two lanes merge in to one.

Thanks man.
    I am not able to recollect correctly, but if I am not wrong, the mentioned blitzer was probably 1 KM from the Autoban exit. It was late in the night, the road was almost empty. Some cars started slowing down all of a sudden (guess they were locals and they knew the spot well) and I too started to slow, but missed the mark I guess. When the flash came on, I was sure that my PIC has been taken; but nothing happened for 2 months so I thought it was fine.
    I know it is no excuse but it was my first time on the Autobahn in a nice swanky car where even 200 km/hr was smooth.
    Anyways lesson is learnt. The bill is 95 fine+ 25 hertz admin fee+ 15 euros bank transfer fee= 135 bucks ;so i will sure be careful next time :)

As you haven't confirmed my suspicion that you travelling at reckless speeds as you entered the Altstadt from Neckargemund I'll assume I'm right.
    I also assume at the top of the first page which you clipped there is an email address for the Ordnungsamt in Heidelberg. Send a mail in English FAO Herr Lustig explaining that you are not a German citizen and request an IBAN bank account number to which you can pay the speeding ticket referring to the number on the back 505.39.xxxxxx in the online bank transfer.

Yes i will do that. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I know, just saying if he was on Irish plates he would have received nothing.

Are you sure about that?
    I read on various polish forums that polish registered cars get their fines now in germany, and they get posted to polish address.
    That's from approx mid of last year.

I was flashed once in Germany in Irish registered car and received nothing, but it was 4 years ago. So maybe things have changed.

PS - I'm not gonna reveal in which spot I was flashed, as knowing potential of this forum there surely be someone in minutes tellkng me he knows the spot exactly and its very dangerous place to be speeding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

If he was on Irish plates he'd run the risk of being pulled by bored local traffic police for no particular reason on the autobahn just to mix it up from their usual boring drudgery of pulling in Dutch WohnWagens and LKWs.

Thats exactly what happen to me few months ago. They were watching with binoculars by the side of autobahn, and out of all the cars they've chosen me to pull over. They followed me, tailgated me for 5 minutes. Then overtook, displayed "folgen bitte, polizei" on their rear window, and took me 2km away from autobahn to petrol station. They checked my licence, insurance, vrc, nct, content of the boot, looked into my eyes and said aufwiedersehn (or whatever you spell it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Hmm .. I drove my car while on secondment on Germany for a year and a half and never had a problem, was only ever stopped on the Autobahn once ever and that was by the Zoll.

Made a right turn once were I wasn't supposed to and the Police stopped me.

After 10 minutes he said, ok I remember you, don't do it again. I said I would pay the fine no problem, he said "Too much paper" and told me to be on my way :pac:
    CiniO wrote: »
    Are you sure about that?
    I read on various polish forums that polish registered cars get their fines now in germany, and they get posted to polish address.
    That's from approx mid of last year.

I was flashed once in Germany in Irish registered car and received nothing, but it was 4 years ago. So maybe things have changed.

PS - I'm not gonna reveal in which spot I was flashed, as knowing potential of this forum there surely be someone in minutes tellkng me he knows the spot exactly and its very dangerous place to be speeding :)

No, they still have no agreement, trust me :D

Thanks guys, issue solved.
    I emailed them, they sent me the IBAN number and transferred the fund. They have sent a receipt now.
    Thanks for your help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

galah wrote: »
    You owe them 95 quid, but this letter just gives you an opportunity to make a statement about your speeding - whether you were the driver etc or whether you deny that it was you who they caught for example.

You don't have to make a statement, and they'll then decide what they'll do, issue a fine, closer the case, gather more info. If you want to make a statement you have to do this within one week. You must fill in the second part of the letter if the details aren't correct.

If you don't do anything they'll bring this issue further, although I'm not sure what the German police can do about a speeding fine.

That's the gist of it (on mobile so can't type an essay)...

<comment removed by moderator>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

suave.4u wrote: »
    Thanks guys, issue solved.
    I emailed them, they sent me the IBAN number and transferred the fund. They have sent a receipt now.
    Thanks for your help.

I'd say Phil is happy now.

dodzy wrote: »
    I'd say Phil is happy now.
    Angela Merkel should be happy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Phil_Lives

German speeding fine system isn't a revenue generator or especially punitive. If you had been within a few km/h of the speed limit you would have been fined either 10 or 15 euro depending on the location/road classification with no penalty points as oppossed to 80 euro and 2/4 points in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since OP got the help he requested we'll leave it before the bickering gets too bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement