Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your odd phobias?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Jemmy wrote: »
    The holes in supermarket ceilings, you know when they are missing the tiles. Freaks me out so much! lol

Id be more afraid of the ones missing in the changing rooms :eek:
    bronte wrote: »
    I "have to" salute lone magpies because someone told me it erased the bad luck.
    I know, it's insane.

Im the same I for sorrow . 2 for joy etc

Im actually terrified of birds they are diseased ridden horrible feathery things and If one flies indoors I go to pieces
    (That usually signifies a death to come)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I'm afraid of buses turning a corner I'm on, in case it topples on me. If ones comin I always run out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mattfender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I also can't walk under ladders and salute magpies. :confused:
    One of the girls in work has to wave at them? :confused:

Freaks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

That vaseline intensive care add! The start of it really freaks me out :(

Tiny holes...like the ones on top of a cigarette

Tootsy socks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭TigerIsa

I get freaked out by wet cotton wool.

*shudder*

I completely understand that.. Especially in the drain of a sink! AH!
    On an unrelated note, where did you get your name WanderingSoul?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I detest insects, can't stand to be near them

Like Novella, accidentally biting on a fork or spoon

As per the recent thread in here, i'm not ok around trans-sexuals...it took an amazing amount of willpower to shake minidazzler's hand at the AH beers...

Adverts on tv where they try to get babies or animals to talk like grown up adults, or do stuff adults can do...uh weird!!:eek:

Not as extreme as Jack Nicholson's character in As Good As It Gets, but i dont like walking on cracks in the ground for some odd reason...

And i try my damned hardest to type normal English in text messages, i have a fear i'll lose proper comprehension otherwise:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I "have to" salute lone magpies because someone told me it erased the bad luck.
    I know, it's insane.

No. Nope.. I do it too :(

You're actually *happy* to see one little fucker on his own... One more 'meaning' sorrow... Fuck that, its three and fuckng four you wanna watch out for :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Abigayle wrote: »

You're actually *happy* to see one little fucker on his own... One more 'meaning' sorrow... Fuck that, its three and fuckng four you wanna watch out for :mad:
    Sweet mother of christ! Do you not walk under laders either? :rolleyes:

B & A off to the looney house with you two!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Cotton wool. I can look at it but if I have to touch it it's just horrible. Also the feel of velvet and chalk.

I think it's something to do with not liking my skin being dry or something?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Moths.

I'm fucking terrified of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Abigayle wrote: »

Yay! Not alone! I'm beginning to think we're the same person! :pac:

But yeah, they are evils. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I have a few too many, unfortunately. :o

Tomato ketchup; it is absolutely revolting. My hatred of it has developed into fear.
    Nail files; can't be in the same room as people filing their nails.
    Face paint; I can't stand looking at people (even children) that have their face painted.
    Cycling; I will never, EVER get on a bike for the rest of my life.

I'm also terrified of wasps, but I imagine that's a common enough phobia.

Oh, and
    Adverts on tv where they try to get babies or animals to talk like grown up adults, or do stuff adults can do...uh weird!!

+1. That new Evian ad *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Novella wrote: »
    I'm afraid of butter and people pinching the skin on the backs of their elbows.
    Im defo gonna attack you with Kerrymaid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

When eating a roll which is wrapped in Tin foil, i have to unwrap it completely for fear I might chew a piece of Tinfoil, I absolutely hate that sensation of Tin foil on my teeth.:mad:

When ever I'm at the top of a ladder I hate the though of the ladder toppling backwards with you on the top of it, I happened to me once and I get feerce freeked out ot might happen again... I hate that feeling of lost balance.

The feeling of mud under your fingernails after a day gardening, I have to get every bit clean or I'll be clenching my fists to avoid the feeling for the rest of the day.

Tearing cotton woll, I hate that squeeky sensation when ripping of a bit off.

Wow I'm wierder than I though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

im afraid of gary glitter.

Wait.

Nothing odd about that. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I have a slight phobia about the number 13, honestly don't know where it came from and it seems quite stupid.

It bothers me enough that I think about the number when a multiple of it comes up (26,39 etc).

It's kind of annoying really, phobias...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

friday the 13th. Im not irrationally afraid of it, but i will never break a routine or do something i would not usually do on that day incase it goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Why exactly do you think this? There's plenty of pharmacological data about the pathways associated with paracetamol to support that they should work. :confused::confused:

Well, it's not that I think paracetamol doesn't work in general. I mean, if I had a headache, taking two Panadol wouldn't do anything for me. It'd go away without taking anything. So I just don't bother.

I get that there's research to support that it does work.
    Im defo gonna attack you with Kerrymaid :D

I would actually never speak to you again and that is not a joke! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I'm also afraid of Monkeys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

Afraid of the curtains being slightly open when I am in bed.

Walking past mirrors in the dark.

The toilet flushing at night freaks me out for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭witty_name

I also salute magpies... I wonder where this came from.

I fear food that doesn't have the same texture as it looks like it would have.
    Especially when it's gooey and it doesn't look it. Eugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

shrimp,i despise them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

The wooden stick in an ice pop. Freaks me out - hate sucking the ice cream off it.

Mannequins, ventriloquist dolls, porcelain dolls. DIE

Anyone touching the back of my knees. Hate that feeling.

Anything to do with fingernails. That f*cking flicking sound drives me demented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

a car model called an El Camino. It's like a sedan with an open back like a truck. Thank God Chevrolet stopped making them in the late 80's. Without fail, the rare time I do see one, it's being driven by an extremely creepy looking person, as in serial killer creepy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_El_Camino

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have no irrational fears. I don't see why people are so proud of them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

jd007 wrote: »
    You mean their wenis?:pac:

christ thats hard to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

People picking their nose. Or kids with that radioactive stuff in their nose. I have been known to vomit on the spot when I've seen both of these things :o

Ghosties, knees, snakes, sharks.

So not that much really. Snot wins though :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I cant let people touch my food which is'nt very odd these days to be fair..

I cant breath on my food especially liquid/milk foods like a bowl of cereal..im afraid there'll be germs landing in it if I do. I generally wash my hands until there's only bone left..I got slagged for that in school..I had to wear cotton gloves and paraffin oil to stop them geting infected..so it kind of had the opposite affect! They're more like germ obsessions than fears.

Advertisement