Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your odd phobias?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

ashyle wrote: »
    Is this friend me by any chance?? I get the shivers and physically feel ill when I can hear someone brush. It grates on me

Guys I think I need psychiatric help....
    Haha nah she lives over my way ;)

Thats crazy that you have the same fear, i thought she was the only oddball out there :P
    Novella wrote: »
    I can't swallow pills but I don't actually believe painkillers like Panadol etc. work so I'd never take 'em anyway! My mam always whinges at me for not taking medication but fcuk it, I'm gonna get better anyway and chewed up painkillers are nasty!
    Ah you need the prescribed shít, thats where its at ;)

@Abs: you're quite the freak arent you :P (ah but i get the teeth thing. I'm obsessive about mine too)

/i've actually weird food hang-ups but they're not fears. Just weirdness on my part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Rats, which isn't an odd fear IMO, but it leads to a fear of mice (due to them being from the same family I suppose) which I don't think is reasonable, seeing as they're so tiny - and absolutely petrified of humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

being touched on the neck.

medication pills you know them capsule yokes, aptly enough i can't swallow them to save my life.

being submerged in water. i go anymore than waist high in water i phreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

people touching my neck - don't mind it if it's a kiss from a gf but otherwise I hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Kiera wrote: »
    @Abs: you're quite the freak arent you :P
    Yes M'aam, yes I'am ;)
    (ah but i get the teeth thing. I'm obsessive about mine too)
    Well when they're gone, they're gone! So it's all about preserving them as best you can. People kind of take them for granted, but the same people happen to be scared shitless of dentists! The mind boggles :/
    /i've actually weird food hang-ups but they're not fears. Just weirdness on my part.

I think its actually natural for women to have some kind of hang-up / hang ups about food. My fixture is on food contamination and sly labelling to hide additives and preservatives. Donnnnn't even start me! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Kiera wrote: »
    @Abs: you're quite the freak arent you :P
    But she's our freak! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

spiral staircases:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

spiral staircases:(

Now that is odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Abigayle wrote: »
    Well when they're gone, they're gone! So it's all about preserving them as best you can. People kind of take them for granted, but the same people happen to be scared shitless of dentists! The mind boggles :/

Yeah i'm the exact same. I dont get how people dont look after their teeth, the mind does boggle. We should have a delft competition :D
    I think its actually natural for women to have some kind of hang-up / hang ups about food. My fixture is on food contamination and sly labelling to hide additives and preservatives. Donnnnn't even start me! :eek:
    Oh thats not my weirdness. Up until i was 27 i would only eat chicken. Only started eating eggs and cheese about a year ago. Was very hard for my gang to go for dinner as they always had to ring to see if there was a chicken dish with no tomato sauce on it. Now i eat red meat maybe twice a year. Hate pizza or bread. Hate pasta. Mainly eat rice dishes or chicken and spuds with gravy and green veg only. I could go on......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Biting into a wad of cotton wool

Spiders

Ghosties........ [not the crisps, the dead people]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Now that is odd.
    I'd be surprised if a few others didn't mention they had an issue with them actually. I dunno what Captains deal is with them is, I'm with him on this one. The open spirals you can see through (heights), and the ones you can't (claustrophobia).

I remember being in cathedral.. type place.. (was with a sightseer) a fully walled one in Cork a few years back. Well fucking hell I thought there was going to be no end to it, and there was nothing but thick grey walls around me. I was down those steps like there was something after me. Love the pubs down there though ;)
    Kiera wrote:
    Yeah i'm the exact same. I dont get how people dont look after their teeth, the mind does boggle. We should have a delft competition
    :D
    Oh thats not my weirdness. Up until i was 27 i would only eat chicken. Only started eating eggs and cheese about a year ago. Was very hard for my gang to go for dinner as they always had to ring to see if there was a chicken dish with no tomato sauce on it. Now i eat red meat maybe twice a year. Hate pizza or bread. Hate pasta. Mainly eat rice dishes or chicken and spuds with gravy and green veg only. I could go on......
    The worst is when people oppose or question it, yet if you tell them why you feel like you're ranting about it by their expressions :/
    Dudess wrote:
    But she's our freak!
    Ohhh.. you :pac:

*clasps hands*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭loglogbarkbark

Sour milk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Novella wrote: »
    I don't actually believe painkillers like Panadol etc. work so I'd never take 'em anyway!

Why exactly do you think this? There's plenty of pharmacological data about the pathways associated with paracetamol to support that they should work. :confused::confused:

On topic: People biting things that shouldn't be bit. Specifically Lego blocks.

I can't explain it.

Why exactly do you think this? There's plenty of pharmacological data about the pathways associated with paracetamol to support that they should work. :confused::confused:

On topic: People biting things that shouldn't be bit. Specifically Lego blocks.

I can't explain it.

He he I bite things all the time.

He he I bite things all the time.

I've gone to the scary visual place! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

.........The open spirals you can see through (heights), and the ones you can't (claustrophobia)..........

Combination of both, more-so a problem with heights!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Stickers. Always hated those bastardin things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

People that don't like Classic Rock

RonMexico wrote: »
    People that don't like Classic Rock

Don't be silly. Everybody LOVES classic rock.

Don't be silly. Everybody LOVES classic rock.

Which means that you don't like it.

You're frightening RonMexico. Bad Fago. Bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Abrean

Kazooie wrote: »
    Stickers. Always hated those bastardin things.

Me too!! Cant stand them, they make my skin crawl:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I get freaked out by wet cotton wool.

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

The holes in supermarket ceilings, you know when they are missing the tiles. Freaks me out so much! lol

Jemmy wrote: »
    The holes in supermarket ceilings, you know when they are missing the tiles. Freaks me out so much! lol

We have those in our school and the ones above the lockers are always pushed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

We have those in our school and the ones above the lockers are always pushed out.

Ugh I hate them so much, if I can avoid walking under them or near them I do! I'm weird I know!

I have the usual spiders too, hate the lil f-ers. :mad:
    Have a few more but can't think now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Spiders. Why do they need so many legs and so many eyes? :confused:

Bit of a food weirdo as well...a friend stayed with me recently and voluntarily became vegetarian for the stay because it was just easier. :pac:

I also can't walk under ladders and salute magpies. :confused:

bronte wrote: »
    salute magpies. :confused:

Can or can't salute magpies? Either way that's strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Can or can't salute magpies? Either way that's strange.

I "have to" salute lone magpies because someone told me it erased the bad luck.
    I know, it's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Heights. But only a certain type of height. I happily went up the Eiffel Tower, had no problem at all. But when I was helping my Dad build a garage afew years back, standing on scaffolding 20 ft off the ground had me paralised with fear! The difference is if i know i cant fall, im grand. If theres a danger of falling off, even at a small height, I go to pieces.

Maybe my real phobia is that weird one where you're afraid of breaking bones! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

I F**king hate wasps, blue bottles, midges.....the ugly sound of them :mad: <shivers> If one got into the house, i stop everything im doing and search the baxtards down and knife the F*#k outa them!!

Advertisement