Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You do know that Blizzard/Activision hire consultants who are experts in gambling addiction. They also aren't keen to admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You do know that Blizzard/Activision hire consultants who are experts in gambling addiction. They also aren't keen to admit it.

Have you got a source on this? I'd been keen to read it. I knew Microsoft had their gamer guinea-pig labs when making the first Gears of War, which was bad enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Read it in multiple articles on gameindustrybiz and eurogamer. Can't find any articles on it now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Here's a link to a nice, cheap Wonderswan, not a color or crystal, just an original model Wonderswan.
    Thing is though, this one has a back-light!
    The seller is not really indicating if it is a home hack job or factory fitted.
    None of my searches online are coming up with a Wonderswan edition with this feature.
    But it is quite cheap, bid on it myself when it was less than €2 but don't want it so bad that I'll pay any sort of money for it.
    Anyhow, here is the link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Here's a link to a nice, cheap Wonderswan, not a color or crystal, just an original model Wonderswan.
    Thing is though, this one has a back-light!
    The seller is not really indicating if it is a home hack job or factory fitted.
    None of my searches online are coming up with a Wonderswan edition with this feature.
    But it is quite cheap, bid on it myself when it was less than €2 but don't want it so bad that I'll pay any sort of money for it.
    Anyhow, here is the link

[SELLER REFURBISHED] - covers him if its a mod maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,544 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Holy ****balls, a Megadrive VR headset test cart! Okay so no headset, but this is the only one of these carts known to exist so far.

Want. Want so bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120848176563

Same seller also has this. That game was only released on the Snes. Megadrive one was canceled.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Genesis-Michael-Jordan-Chaos-Windy-City-JORDAN-ADVENTURE-/120848177744?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c231cda50

- Tried offering $100 and then $150 but they were both automatically declined. :(

Seems he must know it's an unreleased proto. Really interesting though as you'd be getting the prototype Genesis box art too. The Snes one which was published was cropped down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,854 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Holy ****balls, a Megadrive VR headset test cart! Okay so no headset, but this is the only one of these carts known to exist so far.

Want. Want so bad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120848176563

Same seller also has this. That game was only released on the Snes. Megadrive one was canceled.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sega-Genesis-Michael-Jordan-Chaos-Windy-City-JORDAN-ADVENTURE-/120848177744?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c231cda50

- Tried offering $100 and then $150 but they were both automatically declined. :(

Seems he must know it's an unreleased proto. Really interesting though as you'd be getting the prototype Genesis box art too. The Snes one which was published was cropped down.

Hmm, I've been on the look out for the VR headset and this would go nicely with that.
    I shouldn't really, its fairly pricey isnt it. Can we please ban o1s1n for a month or so until I start a new job please.

Master of the Universe

Well it's the only test cart I've ever come across. I don't know if the VR headset ever made it into a collectors hands.

Would kill to come across a headset over the next few years with no test cart though wouldn't it? :D

I'd buy them both if I had a spare lump sum of disposable lying about. Which obviously, like most normal people, I don't. :(

Steve SI wrote: »
    Hmm, I've been on the look out for the VR headset and this would go nicely with that.
    I shouldn't really, its fairly pricey isnt it. Can we please ban o1s1n for a month or so until I start a new job please.

Buy it. You know you want to. Imagine the bragging rights alone ffs

Master of the Universe

Jut to make that even tastier for you Steve, it's on an official first party Sega PCB.

• Advertisement

It's not nice to play with an addicts mind guys :p

Steve SI wrote: »
    It's not nice to play with an addicts mind guys :p

Isn't it only recently that entry to the gamer club required 1st party prototype hardware? You could OWN the club :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

There's a famous quote that goes along the lines of you clubbing together your cash and sharing it "so last one of us you alive will have the honour of being buried with it!". :D

three-men-and-a-comic-book-picture.jpg

greenlantern85.jpg

Is that needle a methaphor for a VR prototype dev cart? :D Do it, you'll love it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    In a nice little dealer/user trick they also allow you to collect items that are specific to characters you may not have.
    As a result, on a dedicated screen to showing you movies of moves and abilities of characters you own, they let you gaze longingly at characters you don't have yet, so setting up poor beleaguered parents to once again pound the pavements searching for plastic figurines...
    Except (at this current time) there isn't a figure to be found anywhere. Activision grossly underestimated the popularity of the franchise and are panicking and trying to get the figures back in stock

Except (at this current time) there isn't a figure to be found anywhere. Activision grossly underestimated the popularity of the franchise and are panicking and trying to get the figures back in stock

Skylanders. Pogs for the 21st century

Slightly overpriced. But genuine!

CLICK ME DO!

Master of the Universe

If you buy that, Steve will buy the VR cart and I'll buy that unreleased proto.
    In that exact order.

Sounds good?

If you buy that, Steve will buy the VR cart and I'll buy that unreleased proto.
    In that exact order.

Sounds good?

But I just wanted the Carl Yasztremski baseball card from 1973 where he had the big sideburns...! :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

This isnt retro by any means but worth a mention, HMV are selling the 3DS, no games or anything for 139.99. I dunno if you can get cheaper but i thought that was a good deal.

What a disgrace Adverts:Eddie is on Adverts.ie.

Removed our comments about the guy selling this:

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/sega-megadrive-collection-game-system/1072732

Check out his reply. :mad:

Well done but I hope you don't get a slap on the wrist. It would be ironic if you got a ban for warning people that they got ripped off yet Jack Burton gets ripped off a few days ago and the seller got a slap on the wrist.

To be honest I don't really care (so long as I get that Game & Watch :D). The site is a wild west.

For a member of their staff to disregard sterling prices so flippantly and saying 'it doesn't apply here' is quite frankly shocking.

It's just advocating profiteering. Ridiculous.

I've sent in a complaint about Adverts Eddie, which will probably fall on deaf ears.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    What a disgrace Adverts:Eddie is on Adverts.ie.

Removed our comments about the guy selling this:

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/sega-megadrive-collection-game-system/1072732

Check out his reply. :mad:

You need to remember Adverts is now a commercial entity. Banning & discouraging people from using the service would be bad for business ;)

Adverts whole model for the games section at least, is wrong. It's too big now to rely on good faith offers. It worked when the site was small & niche, but not anymore. I think auction format like ebay, with timed endings would work better than the current 'ignore the rules' format

Master of the Universe

Hah! Someone sold Neo Bomberman MVS over on AO for £14.

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19160

For anyone unfamiliar with MVS carts, it's by far one of the rarer titles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Our good friend selling the Super Nintendo refused 100 blips today, hope it keeps fine for him, I really do...

Hah! Someone sold Neo Bomberman MVS over on AO for £14.

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19160

For anyone unfamiliar with MVS carts, it's by far one of the rarer titles.

WHAT?! FECK!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE BEEN AFTER THAT FOR MY BOMBERMAN COLLECTION FOR AGES!

ARGH! :mad:

Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    WHAT?! FECK!!!!!!!!!!!! I'VE BEEN AFTER THAT FOR MY BOMBERMAN COLLECTION FOR AGES!

ARGH! :mad:

Gotta love the first reply after the sale -

You just sold a £70 cart for £14

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement