Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good form, bad form & everything in between?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Thread got moved to the recycle bin by accident so a big thanks to Pawwed Rig for finding it and to Silverfish for returning it to its rightful place.

Thanks gaize!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

bleh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Larianne wrote: »
    bleh.

You and me both. Bog getting you down?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

:( that is all

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You and me both. Bog getting you down?

Yeah. I'm in a house with 4 of my classmates and they won't stop asking me stupid questions. I know some of them haven't lived away from home before, but asking someone how to turn on the electric shower or how to boil a potato is a bit much. Esp. when you're trying to relax after work.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

awec wrote: »
    Aww, what's up Daisies?

Just the ****tiness of having to work on what's supposed to be my day off and missing all the celebrations with my family about the match. I don't wanna put people into a depression now so I won't go into too many details but just :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Ah that can suck. :(

Are you working so you can have saturday off? We'll try our best to make it worthwhile on Saturday night! :) :pac:

Nope, leaving early on Saturday (because I worked a 6 day week last month).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Daisies wrote: »
    Just the ****tiness of having to work on what's supposed to be my day off and missing all the celebrations with my family about the match. I don't wanna put people into a depression now so I won't go into too many details but just :(

Do you get a day in lieu or extra pay? Focus on what you get in return :)

I'm a bit up and down! Super bogged on under in college, stupid masters. But mid-term next week and going on a ski trip :D

Happy cause its Valentines day, sad cause I can't be with my Valentine. Second one together, maybe next year we will actually get to see each other!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Thread got moved to the recycle bin by accident so a big thanks to Pawwed Rig for finding it and to Silverfish for returning it to its rightful place.

Cheers Otis. Good to have it back.

Good form. Booked my flights for hols for March 9th. Sunshine here I come

Do you get a day in lieu or extra pay? Focus on what you get in return :)

Day in lieu and I demanded it was a Saturday that I had requested already! Ya I suppose it's not too bad. It all just got to me last night as it's my cousin's anniversary today and he would have been playing if he was still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Daisies wrote: »
    Day in lieu and I demanded it was a Saturday that I had requested already! Ya I suppose it's not too bad. It all just got to me last night as it's my cousin's anniversary today and he would have been playing if he was still alive.

Massive huge hugs!x

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Feel a major headache coming on and still loads to do.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

In the space of 2 weeks, 2 separate guys have decided it's ok to sit on the bench directly behind my ass when I'm trying to squat. Like just SITTING there, not even lifting, just passing the time of day!

It's kind of off-putting, but not exactly sure how to say 'umm, can you not sit staring at my ass please' without it sounding like I think they're sitting staring at my ass. In fairness, maybe they're just resting, but like it's a big gym...!:mad:

G86 wrote: »
    In the space of 2 weeks, 2 separate guys have decided it's ok to sit on the bench directly behind my ass when I'm trying to squat. Like just SITTING there, not even lifting, just passing the time of day!

It's kind of off-putting, but not exactly sure how to say 'umm, can you not sit staring at my ass please' without it sounding like I think they're sitting staring at my ass. In fairness, maybe they're just resting, but like it's a big gym...!:mad:

Just tell them to move!

Just tell them to move!
    See now that would be the logical thing to do....

I'll see if it happens again.

See now that would be the logical thing to do....

I'll see if it happens again.

I hate lads like that who just sit there doing nothing in the gym and prevent people from using those areas. I mean fair enough if you're recovering between sets and taking a quick breather. Tell them to move if you're uncomfortable with it, you're probably doing someone else a favour as well :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TBH most of the guys in the gym I goto are too busy admiring themselves in the mirror to take much notice of the girls.

If it was me sitting behind you the chances are I am close to a heart attack after doing a run on the treadmill and don't have my contacts in anyway so your ass looks the same as a 70 year old mans to my blurry vision :D

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    TBH most of the guys in the gym I goto are too busy admiring themselves in the mirror to take much notice of the girls.

If it was me sitting behind you the chances are I am close to a heart attack after doing a run on the treadmill and don't have my contacts in anyway so your ass looks the same as a 70 year old mans to my blurry vision :D

Nope, just sitting there chilling, not doing owt! Also, my ass ain't much to look at - yet..hence all the squatting :D

Not to be an hypocrite, as I do a fair amount of the oul perving myself like..

....but from a distance!! (I'm a pro :cool:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Happy, I hate valentines day but I love my boy. It's just been a good day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

It's been a super stressful week, I had to put my dog Kya down on Saturday.... Then I've been house hunting for the last couple of weeks. I finally found a place today, so things are starting to look up.

Kya1976 wrote: »
    It's been a super stressful week, I had to put my dog Kya down on Saturday.... Then I've been house hunting for the last couple of weeks. I finally found a place today, so things are starting to look up.

Sorry to hear about your pooch miss.
    :(

Just heard my friends Dad passed away this morning.I went to college with him and met him for a few beers Saturday night.Simply put,one of the nicest,most good natured people you would ever have the pleasure to meet.Im gutted for him and cant even bring myself to ring him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

There's no need to ring. When someone close has died people hone in on immediate family, not to sound insensitive, but right now your phonecall, while appreciated, will not be necessary.
    He'll have so much to organise and get done over the next few days, wait until you see him to speak to him. It'll mean a lot more then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

I know I'd appreciate a call from my friend if it was my dad:(
    Sometimes it's better to talk to people outside the family in situations like this just avoid the "expected" talk. He could be under pressure trying to cope with everything in the home and with relatives .
    Not picking holes Sauve but just a quick "Jeez man,you ok?, I'm not gonna hold you but if you're stuck for anything, anytime ring me...I'll see you soon either way",just to give him the option would be my inclination.

I think I will leave it for tonight and give him a call tomorrow.I really suck at this type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I think I will leave it for tonight and give him a call tomorrow.I really suck at this type of thing.

Don't think like that. He'll appreciate the fact that you made the effort and letting him know that you're there for him. What words you say won't matter. At all.

Just to throw it in too - from personal experience when going through a rough experience - I've always appreciated the people that are still keeping in touch a few weeks/months down the road. When the dust settles and all is over and done with - it's the people who are still around then that mean the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

The thing is everybody sucks at this because there is nothing you can really say to make it better. But I think he will appreciate the call anyway to let him know you are thinking of him. So don't worry about what to say, just the call is enough really.

Hope you feel better :)

• Advertisement

There is no-one in the world who is good at this type of thing. I know I always appreciated someone calling and saying something like "I know nothing I can say will make anything better for you but I just want you to know I'm here if you need to chat. " and "I'm thinking of you, if you need anything at all just let me know"

Advertisement