Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Airport Thread [Mod Warning in First Post]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sicky

Thought some of you might find this interesting?

(Sorry can't post link).

BBC Radio 4 - Archive on 4, Atlantic Crossing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

There is an extensive fuel spill on the M18 from junction 14 barefield all the way to limerick so if anyone is going to Shannon, there may be a few delays. For anyone coming from Limerick the R445 is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Ryanair Supports 67% of Traffic Growth at Irish Airports after Government Scrapping of Travel Tax Stimulates Tourism Boom (Ryanair)

Looking at the tables below, Shannon’s April to September numbers are quite good.

I hope that full year forecast will be on target.

326164.png

Transaero Engineering has a number of vacancies advertised in this week's Limerick Post. :)

This is good news for its future in Shannon, considering the uncertainties arising from the Ukraine crisis.

Just heard the roar of an Atlas Air 747 go over my house, any idea where it's heading?

• Advertisement

The Breeders’ Cup takes place in California next weekend and I presume that Aiden O’Brien & Co. are competing again this year.

Just watched the 2013 race video again, his horse Magician truly won a sensational victory.

Image and text by Donal Morrissey.

Dubai Air Wing 747-412F Reg: A6-GGP operating as "DUB8" to Los Angeles on a horse charter.

15625246325_666d052115_c.jpg

Clare hoteliers on Las Vegas promotion (Clare Herald)

Thirty-one tourism enterprises from around Ireland, including Dromoland Castle and Trump International Doonbeg, travelled to Las Vegas to join Tourism Ireland for this year’s IMEX America.

Now in its fourth year, IMEX (International Meetings and Events Exhibition) America is an important event targeting decision-makers in the lucrative MICE (meetings, incentive, conferences and events) industry.

Almost 3,000 buyers from North America, and elsewhere around the world, attended the three-day show – which provided valuable business and networking opportunities for the participating Irish tourism operators.

Business tourism is the most lucrative form of tourism, with visitors travelling here for business purposes spending about 2.5 times more than the average visitor.

I thought with the clocks going back, it heralds the end of the Summer 2014 Flight Schedule at Shannon. :confused:

Therefore I was surprised to see four flights to Manchester today i.e. three Aer Lingus Regional and one Ryanair.

06:45 EI3600 Manchester (MAN) Aer Lingus AT72
    10:50 EI3606 Manchester (MAN) Aer Lingus AT42
    19:15 EI3608 Manchester (MAN) Aer Lingus AT42
    21:15 FR4777 Manchester (MAN) Ryanair B738

When will Shannon upload their Summer 2015 Flight Schedule?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

Sicky wrote: »
    Thought some of you might find this interesting?

(Sorry can't post link).

BBC Radio 4 - Archive on 4, Atlantic Crossing

Was this it?:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0414b1m

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Date of schedule change varies and does not nessecarily fall on same day as time change.

• Advertisement

air-transat-shannon.gif?w=750&h=464

Air Transat will not operate it’s seasonal Toronto service from Shannon next year (Clare Herald) :(

Shannon Airport is set to lose it’s only direct link with Canada after Air Transat confirmed that it will not operate it’s seasonal service to Toronto in 2015.

It’s understood that Air Transat suffered an 30% drop in it’s Shannon business in 2014. An airline spokeswoman said: “Air Transat will no longer offer flights to Toronto from Shannon in 2015. These changes are the result of new orientation of our network, tied to fluctuations in demand.”

An airport spokesman said: “We are having discussions on an ongoing basis with airports and airlines with regard to possible opportunities on our transatlantic network, including on Canadian services following Air Transat’s decision not to return with its 18 flights that operated from June to the middle of October last year.”

I wonder would Air Canada be interested in picking up passengers at Shannon, the Tel Aviv to Toronto flight refuelled in Shannon a number times this summer?

I wonder would Air Canada be interested in picking up passengers at Shannon, the Tel Aviv to Toronto flight refuelled in Shannon a number times this summer?

If they were, this would mean an isreal and Canadian route. That would make a very very very welcome addition to the airport. Strong inbound and outbound markets there.

Yet another charter flight heading for the Breeders Cup :cool:

Image and text by Donal Morrissey.

Kalitta Air 747-4H6 N741CK departing Shannon as "Connie 518" to Los Angeles on a horse charter for the Breeders Cup 2014

15459645800_0cc5332c8e_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sicky

Jim Martin wrote: »
    Was this it?:

That's the one!
    Ballygreen, ATC, bars & restaurants in the good old days all get a mention.

Summer Flights (Shannon Airport)

The table below lists the range of direct flights available to and from Shannon for Summer 2015.

The airport seems to have uploaded today their summer 2015 schedule, but a quick glance at the table reveals it to be nothing more than the summer schedule for 2014.

The 2015 table is showing the withdrawn flights to Liverpool, Manchester (Aer Lingus) and Toronto. :o

The airport seems to have uploaded today their summer 2015 schedule, but a quick glance at the table reveals it to be nothing more than the summer schedule for 2014.

The 2015 table is showing the withdrawn flights to Liverpool, Manchester (Aer Lingus) and Toronto. :o
    It seems to be the exact same as last year, it has not updated. Liverpool is Still there, no Ryanair to Manchester and so is Toronto.

But the summer schedule is still disappointing. I was looking forward to a Amsterdam or Frankfurt route.

No Manchester flight today :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Carnacalla wrote: »
    No Manchester flight today :/

The times don't really suit to be honest.

Looks like the ATR42 has gone elsewhere:(

Shannon Heritage on tourism promo visit to Canada (Clare Herald)

Five Irish tourism companies – including Shannon Heritage – joined Tourism Ireland in Canada for a sales blitz called Connect Canada II – targeting around 60 top travel agents, as well as 20 travel and lifestyle media, based in western Canada, in the cities of Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.

Great, I suppose we will have to wait and see if Shannon Airport can find a replacement for Air Transat.

Growler!!! wrote: »

Looks like the ATR42 has gone elsewhere:(

Had a nice spin into SNN on it on Monday night! I'd put money on it returning for the quieter winter months though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Growler!!!

Had a nice spin into SNN on it on Monday night! I'd put money on it returning for the quieter winter months though?

Ha ha, I'm not going to take you up on that because indeed you are correct. The 42 will return. The remaining 72 will be deployed to Dub.

EI134 BOS-SNN was cancelled this evening and the aircraft was instead used for a flight to Dublin (EI136).

EI137 DUB-BOS was cancelled so their was no aircraft in boston for the flight back, so they just used the 757 from Shannon.

Nice to see they have their priorities straight:P

According to the Irish Independent, directors at Irish-based aircraft leasing company Pembroke Capital last year shared a paypot of $4.2m (€3.34m) - an average of just under $600,000 each.

The firm - with Irish offices in Dublin and Limerick - recorded the increase in pre-tax profits after revenues rose 34pc, from $239.6m to $321.4m last year.

Its 30 staff shared $11.5m in salaries - or an average $383,000 each.

Would their Limerick office contribute business towards the International Aviation Services Centre at Shannon?

They have a significant fleet of aircraft.

Child in hospital after Shannon jet diversion (Clare Herald)

A 9-year-old child is recovering in hospital after she experienced breathing difficulties on board a transatlantic jet.

Delta Airlines flight DL-70 diverted to Shannon Airport in the early hours of this morning after the child started choking.

The flight was en route from Atlanta in the US to Amsterdam when it made the unscheduled landing at 3.23am today.

The aircraft was met by airport first responders and a HSE ambulance.

She was taken to University Hospital Limerick where she is being treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭cnoc

Carnacalla wrote: »

But the summer schedule is still disappointing. I was looking forward to a Amsterdam or Frankfurt route.

It's a shame that there is no direct SNN - AMS flight. My son travels there a few times from his local work place. Driving to DUB apt is a bit of an obstacle course while the works are taking place at Newlands Cross. The times out of Cork do not suit.

Eventually. klm execs have visited a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭notharrypotter

SKYNET did a service Shannon-Amsterdam-Moscow years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Aer Lingus will replace the 757 on BOS route with a 767 during Jun-August to free up the 752 to operate out of DUB.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus will replace the 757 on BOS route with a 767 during Jun-August.
    Would this mean a 10-20% increase in capacity Terms?

• Advertisement

Would this mean a 10-20% increase in capacity Terms?

210 seats on 767 vs 177 on 757 so 33 extra seats

Over the 3 months it will operate it's a 15% increase in available seats

Advertisement