Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebooks Airline Manager

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

$500 fuel atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

$500 fuel atm

Thanks for the heads up. Stocked up on a months of fuel.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

No bother, can just spent 70 mil on new aircraft and new routes, so got a few millions lbs, still have plenty in the tank!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Thanks for the heads up. Stocked up on a months of fuel.

I'm burning through 1500,000,000lbs every 3 days and have bought the additional 500,000,000lbs tank capacity also using pax points. The A380-900's really guzzle their juice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm a newbie to this game, is there a way to change a destination or stop flying a route?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭b318isp

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm a newbie to this game, is there a way to change a destination or stop flying a route?

Click on the route -> Close Itinerary.

You can then create a new route with the aircraft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

b318isp wrote: »
    Click on the route -> Close Itinerary.

You can then create a new route with the aircraft.

Oooh, thanks. Pistola Air will be back up there!

A lot of behind the scenes work been done at Griffair World Airways today. All long hual aircraft are in the process of being fully converted to all buisness class. This will add about 20% profits to their routes.

Our first A380 arrived under the radar this morning. EI-JOE is an all Buisness Class aircraft and was put straight to work on our new London - Auckland route.

Stocks are healthy at $ 56.66

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

300 fuel atm!

• Advertisement

$400 fuel atm, stocked up again. Dc10s are guzzlers compared to the dms

On my second airline Futura. Airlines, my goal is to make as much money as I can.

Fleet :

B787-8 X 100
    Dassault Mercure X 100
    DC-10-10 X 100
    B777-200LR X 6

I am currently building up 100 777-200 LR aircraft, when this is done I will start to replace my Dassault Mercure,s on a one for one basis with A380-900.

All aircraft in this fleet except the DM,s are 100% Business Class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

On my second airline Futura. Airlines, my goal is to make as much money as I can.

Fleet :

B787-8 X 100
    Dassault Mercure X 100
    DC-10-10 X 100
    B777-200LR X 6

I am currently building up 100 777-200 LR aircraft, when this is done I will start to replace my Dassault Mercure,s on a one for one basis with A380-900.

All aircraft in this fleet except the DM,s are 100% Business Class.

Just bought 199998 shares there, great commitment and dedication!

Air Striker Airlines:)

DMs make more money full converted to business class. However DC10S lose money full converted

DMs make more money full converted to business class. However DC10S lose money full converted

Have to disagree with you there, The DC,10s will make more money fully converted if flown right. No hub longest distance 99% demand.for business. They should pull at lease an extra 100k per flight.

I am not converting my DM,s, as the extra money they make converted does not justify the cost of converting them, plus they are nearing the end of their days with my airline.

Sorry, had a bit of a brain freeze posting that!!! No idea where I got it from, now that I think about it!

• Advertisement

fuel @ $20:eek:

Just bought @ $10 even though it says $20 on the front page....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Ilik Urgee wrote: »
    fuel @ $20:eek:

Just bought @ $10 even though it says $20 on the front page....

$10 for me!!

$5 now after 990,000,000 gallons

Just paid $8.1m for 1,000,000,000 lbs. Deal of the century for me :D

5b5398a612173f7737f7fb04256a595c.png

getting cheaper still..

Woohoo cheers for the heads up! $4 for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

At $3 for me! Lowest iv ever bought it at.

Somethings going wrong... It was $2, then 3$ now its $1 all in the space of 2 minutes.

• Advertisement

Game wont load for me now, mustve been a bug

I think Airline Manager is going to crash..

Somethings going wrong... It was $2, then 3$ now its $1 all in the space of 2 minutes.

Was $20 10 minutes ago

Back up now, fuel as 400.

Back up to $400 now.

Somehow I don't think that was ment to happen. Who remembers last year the bug with the A318 Elite airplanes? I got 200 of them.

Back out to 400 now. Darn I thought I was after getting it cheap:P

Wasn't playing it at the time joe, but there used to be some funny stuff going on back in 10 too when I started out.

Griffair will undergo a major transformation from 7pm tonight. This will last approx 3 days and stocks will drop but will raise again when the transformation is complete. Stockholders can sell their shares now at a profit or bear with us over the next week.

Griffair World Airways. (All investors mailed via in game mail)

Joegriffinjr, I'm not sure if you are aware, but it's against the Terms of Service to have two airlines.

If the moderators note this you will have both airlines deleted without warning, and a ban issued.

Just a heads up. There is a sticky in the AM boards about it.

One airlines is my 'girlfriends'. I'm just her business partner lol.

• Advertisement

I'd suggest keeping that to yourself, the mods are very sensitive about this at the moment - something to do with breaching FB rules that can land them in hot water (as well as putting extra load on the servers if it became common).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Theyd have a flippin' canary so if they knew Id actually SOLD my airline for real (Paypal!) cash...!

ytareh wrote: »
    Theyd have a flippin' canary so if they knew Id actually SOLD my airline for real (Paypal!) cash...!

Dont get yea?

I had put a LOT of time into it but lost interest and didnt want to just pull the plug on it .I 'advertised' it for sale on a few boards and got a small ,really token amount for it(20) -I would have just given it away if hadnt got an offer before long.

So you sold it for real money? What was your fleet like when you sold it? So you only had a facebook account to play airline manager, you just give the new owner the username and password?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

One airlines is my 'girlfriends'. I'm just her business partner lol.

How many girlfriends have you?, surprised you've got time to run a busy airline and manage a girlfriend too, is she a stewardess? :D

The other half is on facebook too so one airline is on her account. I thought her how to launch the flights a few times a day. I just add the planes/fuel etc. We had a new baby last week so things on a bit of a go slow with this game for a while.

So you sold it for real money? What was your fleet like when you sold it? So you only had a facebook account to play airline manager, you just give the new owner the username and password?

600xA380s .Yes ...

Griffair World Airways

Updated Fleet :

A340-200 37
    A350-900R 11
    A321-200 15
    A330-300 15
    A380-800 4
    A330-200 5
    B737-800 Business 1
    A320-200 8
    A340-600 2

All aircraft in fleet are fully converted to all business class format.
    Stocks expected to be back up by tomorrow evening (Sun)

• Advertisement

RebelAirCork has flown its 2 millionth passenger today, and has seen stock rising to over $15. Another 26 DC10s are being put into service today, fully converted to business class, breaking the 300 route barrier, and an expected delivery of 20 to 30 DC10s tomorrow or Tuesday.

I love the way in which you can build up pax points quickly, got 29 in one go a couple of times in the last few days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tutail

Got the IL86's, but they seem very fuel intensive. Is there a diffrent plane that you recommend that has the same or close to ROI?

Coyote wrote: »
    El Coyote Airline

Coyote’s guide to Airline Manager
    I started 12 days ago sold all the shares in my airline 10 days ago for 18p they are now worth €5.41
    I have 270mill in the bank and 150mill of fuel.I have not grown as
    fast as I could have as I was not online and did not bother to buy planes some days.

I will be posting up a spreadsheet I did up on day two; I would ask that it is not posted on other board.
    I did it up for myself and don’t mind sharing with boards.ie but would prefer it’s only there.

I have a different thought on how to grow your airline
    This will need you to be online 5 times a day about every 3 hours for 10min.

First the ROI (return on investment) is the most important thing
    It’s how long that plane will take to buy the same model, and how fast your airline can grow.

Starting out
    Day 1
    Sell the Boeing you get at the start and buy 25+ ATR 42-500
    Every time you launch your planes (every 3 hours or so) use the cash to buy more ATR 42-500 till you have about 100-150.
    It can take as little as 3 days to get 150 which will make profits of over 25mill a day after costs (crew/fuel/airport tax)
    Profit per day €25mill

Day 4
    Next buy 20+ Vicker Vanguard
    Every time you launch use the cash to buy more Vicker Vanguard till you have about 150. this can take as little as 3 days
    Profit per day €135mill

Day 8
    Start buying either the DC-10-10 or the II-86
    The DC-10-10 costs less but you’re spending time creating routes and will have to remove ATR 42-500 after you get to 400 planes.
    The II-86 is more profitable but costs more and your ROI will be longer but you will be making close to 170mill a day profit so
    you can buy about 16 on day one and 20 day two and day 4 24 more II-86
    Profit per day 280+mill

If you have questions about the spreadsheet I will try to help
    sheet one two and three are the same with diff planes setup
    sheet 4 has a list of all Airbus and Boeing planes and how good or bad they are for buying

If you liked this post please use the thank you button and leave a thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Is it down for anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

chocksaway wrote: »
    Is it down for anyone else?

tis

Strange time for it to be down. Its normally down Mon/Wed/Fri AM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

Yeah that's why I thought it was just me

On the news popup it said there was some big updates coming soon, hopefully its that.

It's working for me again.

Was gone for about 5 hours

Cant get in to it at all., no morning departures for me today! Of to work I go.

Up here again, cost me an arm and a leg to buy advertising though:mad:

Question; I bought the configuration achievemnet last week still can't figurre out how to geta business class plane:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement