Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"We can rebuild her!"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Good luck tomorrow - hope cold clears up. As for those new 17's....:eek: is all I can say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Good luck tomorrow. Difflam spray great for sore throats numbs the hell out of it, works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

All the best for tomorrows race RK. I hope that cold/sore throat clears up for you.

On the Glutamine - I don't know Mr Slow, so won't comment on his bowel movements - but from a bit of research: "At the time of this writing, the most commonly experienced side effects while taking glutamine include: constipation and bloating."

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well that was crap. 26.02 - my worst 5k since March 2009.

Sinuses decided to join in the fun this morning, meaning that I didn't just feel like crap but breathing was tougher than it should have been. Really should have stayed in bed today, I knew 400m in that it really wasn't there today - everything felt much tougher than it should have been. My first km was 4.56, which is slower than my normal 5k pace, and it only got worse from there.

Garmin link, if anyone is interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

What a shame RK, sorry to hear you so disappointed. Now go mind yourself and be better for Cork.

Oh and even though 26.02 might be a bad time for you, its a time I would love to get some day. So therefore I think your brill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

You have been sick all week, just write it off to experience that next time your in bad shape the week before a race just draw a line thru it and get a new race somewhere to run a week later or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Ah crap, sorry to hear it was a bad one - I'm with Bally8 though, think it's quicker than my 5k pb, so I'm saying nice one! Now, on to Cork...:)

First missed session in May today (had 70 min easy run scheduled). Really not feeling right at all, going to try and get to the doctor tomorrow. Down with this sort of thing. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

First missed session in May today (had 70 min easy run scheduled). Really not feeling right at all, going to try and get to the doctor tomorrow. Down with this sort of thing. :(

Better of resting up and listening to the body. Running for the sake of running is only gonna make things worse and do more harm than good. Get better soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

That's a shame RK :(
    Best to keep your energy for getting better now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Now I know why you weren't boosted with energy at my 'Push it up the hill' bit at yesterday's race :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Don't worry about the missed session. I've felt this cold rumbling at the back of my throat all week aswell. You've done great training lately, just chill out and look after yourself.

Went to the doc this morning, viral throat infection. Rest, Lemsips and Strepsils for me for now. This had better **** right off in time for Cork otherwise there might be some last-minute relay team rejigging...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Really sorry to hear about Donore. Mind yourself for Cork.

Yea, the very worst thing you could do is rush back for Cork and do it when your clearly not well.

Cork is a bit of a laugh, its not something to get crazy about like its been your goal race with 6 months of 50 mile weeks behind you for it..

What's the order for the relay? It'll help me to know someone who's ahead at each changeover.

Claralara -> Shazkea -> Vaggababe -> me -> Racheljev

If this doesn't clear quickly, we're going to need to have a good think about who fancies a slightly longer stretch of the legs :pac:

Claralara -> Shazkea -> Vaggababe -> me -> Racheljev

If this doesn't clear quickly, we're going to need to have a good think about who fancies a slightly longer stretch of the legs :pac:

It's Viral, just rest, rest and more rest - plenty of Vit C. Take Actifed going to bed or drink 3 hot whiskeys (while still hot) - My preference is Jameson!

If we wanted to do a relay with one long leg and 3 shorter legs [which by looks of it we would have to] I have no bother doing the longer one.

Options are all here : http://www.corkcitymarathon.ie/media/How%20the%20relay%20works%202011.pdf

I quite fancy sailing by Mr Slow and Digger and messing up their motivation, the way Chinguetti gets great joy in doing in shorter races :pac:

But Im sure you will have it kicked in a week, and be grand :)

I quite fancy sailing by Mr Slow and Digger and messing up their motivation,

Catch me if you can :P

• Advertisement

mrslow wrote: »
    It's Viral, just rest, rest and more rest - plenty of Vit C. Take Actifed going to bed or drink 3 hot whiskeys (while still hot) - My preference is Jameson!

I like the way you think :cool:

I like the way you think :cool:

Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Sorry to hear the race didn't go well for you RK but listen to the wise words of our vaggapimp below for Cork....may also be remininding everybody of that quote after my leg on Monday too :o

Cork is a bit of a laugh, its not something to get crazy about like its been your goal race with 6 months of 50 mile weeks behind you for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

I quite fancy sailing by Mr Slow and Digger and messing up their motivation, the way Chinguetti gets great joy in doing in shorter races :pac:

Whoa the horses now Vagga, i only get some joy in shorter races:D

RK, lots of rest and healthy eating and you should be fine for the relay. Its a week away yet so you have to let it run its course.

Still not entirely over this, but getting there. Urge to go for a run is definitely starting to kick in (and that's not just because I'm stuck in the office on a warm, sunny day), so things must have improved :pac:

Kicking myself a bit for racing Donore, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Still not entirely over this, but getting there. Urge to go for a run is definitely starting to kick in (and that's not just because I'm stuck in the office on a warm, sunny day), so things must have improved :pac:

Kicking myself a bit for racing Donore, tbh.

We all think that that bit extra wont push us over the edge at some stage you live and learn. Just make sure you are fully over it before you attempt to run (regardless of the urge)

You running in Cork???

mrslow wrote: »
    You running in Cork???

Tbh, not running in Cork would be the most sensible option. Race effort only a couple of days after getting back on the road after an annoying viral infection would be a bit daft. :(

Tbh, not running in Cork would be the most sensible option. Race effort only a couple of days after getting back on the road after an annoying viral infection would be a bit daft. :(

Stupid is as stupid does!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Who says it has to be race effort, its just a bit of fun at the end of the day. Head down there, take it easy, have a good weekend and laugh at me sitting in the office in London all day Monday!

Advertisement