Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VRT and Paddy Spec Cars!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭StudentDad

Del2005 wrote: »
    You only pay VAT once in the EU, there's a form you fill in and give to the dealer to buy VAT free or you can reclaim it from the country of purchase.

The scrapeage scheme here was an expensive farce as we don't have a motor industry to protect, even the UK and US schemes mainly benefited South East Asia, and the garages are struggling even more now.

Well the way car sales are going we'll be able to pick up a nice shiny new car with every 10 tokens from boxes of Kelloggs Cornflakes :)

SD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You'll probably still be giving out that the cornflakes from the uk are better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭StudentDad

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You'll probably still be giving out that the cornflakes from the uk are better :D

Unfortunately they probably will be :D

Matchbox? Better suspension on the Matchbox models =P

SD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

pcardin wrote: »
    I love your sentence. :D So afterall it isn't so fairly common here?

Yes they are but not as common as a zetec or style. Not too hard to find.
    corktina wrote: »
    i don't think thats true. A few years ago I bought a Focus Ghioa nd all it had exrtra on it were a couple of bits of chrome. I replaced it with a Mondeo and they couldn't even supply a Ghia. Not only that they had no idea what an "X pack" was.

Historically Ford specs here are very poor compared with the UK. Probably the same with other manufacturers. (Ironically though a Mk2 Cortina 1600E was a better spec here than in the UK.)Ironic because it wasn't built in Cork at all...imported from Dagenham))

I think in recent years things have come in line significantly.
    Chriscl1 wrote: »
    What you talkin bout willis!?!?!

Read it again with the above and see if that works.

Advertisement