Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Eviledna wrote: »
    I'm friggin delighted!....

I got the job! :D:D:D

**Hurrah and Happy Dance**

cake2.jpg

Justcoz.;)
    Congrats.

Home made pizza's are delicious, should have made the base a bit thinner, but it's still delicious. Waaaaaaay nicer than any take-away pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Get some glucosamine with chondroitin and a good vit B complex
    I had neuro/spinal surgery in December. At this stage I'm not sure it was worth it. Still have a lot of back pain. My physiotherapist is absolutely the BEST and is giving me exercises which alleviate some of the pain. Would recommend physio without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm in a lovely mood. I've done all I can for now as far as sorting things out for Paris is concerned, it's a waiting game for the next while. But it feels like I can finally start to get properly excited about it, even if nothing is set in stone. :)

Plus I had a little heart-to-heart with X the other night. It only lasted for about twenty seconds before we got interrupted, but still. I think if we'd been alone we could have talked about things for ages. At least I know now that it won't be weird for me to ask him to meet up for coffee and chats during our study break/the exams, he definitely thinks of me as a friend like :)

And I have ice-cream and an early night in store. Hurrah! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

oh dear god....yer man form cavan on take me out!!

hahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

aristocat wrote: »
    I had neuro/spinal surgery in December. At this stage I'm not sure it was worth it. Still have a lot of back pain. My physiotherapist is absolutely the BEST and is giving me exercises which alleviate some of the pain. Would recommend physio without a doubt.

Are you allowed to do any exercise outside what the physio set? I had a bad back injury a few years ago. Thankfully I had no need for surgery but I was in a cast for 3 months. I started doing somatic yoga after I got out of the brace (with doctors consent). Have to say, it is amazing. I have full flexibility and movement. I swim most days too:)

Are you allowed to do any exercise outside what the physio set? I had a bad back injury a few years ago. Thankfully I had no need for surgery but I was in a cast for 3 months. I started doing somatic yoga after I got out of the brace (with doctors consent). Have to say, it is amazing. I have full flexibility and movement. I swim most days too:)
    Yes, I hope to do yoga soon. Just a bit early yet. Am glad to hear that it works though. I got the name of a good teacher who I will contact in the next few weeks. Poor you in a cast for so long........I'm sure there must have been some funny (as well as awful!) moments in that?:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Eviledna wrote: »
    I'm friggin delighted!....

I got the job! :D:D:D

**Hurrah and Happy Dance**

Justcoz.;)

Congrats!!
    bluewolf wrote: »
    when is the omg moment i was supposed to watch out for in torchwood

am near the end of s2

How near, I dunno, nothing in that made me go WTF until Children of Men. It's hard to be shocked with everyone shagging everything all the time.

Yes, I hope to do yoga soon. Just a bit early yet. Am glad to hear that it works though. I got the name of a good teacher who I will contact in the next few weeks. Poor you in a cast for so long........I'm sure there must have been some funny (as well as awful!) moments in that?:rolleyes:

Loads of funnies, looked like a transformer but I was just delighted to be able to walk! Was a close call at one stage!! Definitely go for the yoga as soon as you're allowed, it's great for the head as well as the body:)

Loads of funnies, looked like a transformer but I was just delighted to be able to walk! Was a close call at one stage!! Definitely go for the yoga as soon as you're allowed, it's great for the head as well as the body:)
    Yep, head definitely needs looking after!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm feeling inspired and writing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I missed my goddamn 5,000th post! :mad:

Acoshla wrote: »
    I missed my goddamn 5,000th post! :mad:

Belated congrats :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Quit my job. mixed feelings of relief and sorrow but also happiness and eager for something new. I'm hungry hungry hungry. Next stop full time ed, I fancy myself as a sports masseuse. Right now though I'm going to open the last few remaining cans and snorkel in for the night by lonesome.

(I'm actually just so happy that I will never have to see that man ever again)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Tonight beer is my friend. Hello beer, long time, no see :D I probably will not like you so much tomorrow, but right now you are my friend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

Been gone from here feels like ages but in much better humour than i have been thanks to some good friends cheering me right up, hadnt seen them in months and hadnt told them how i'd been feeling but left them feeling 100% better than when i arrived! :D

amazing how i didnt realise how much i need to see them/talk to them. didnt spend wknd discussing problems, just chatted but really, love them for it!!

Beautiful weather is making me smile too.
    and meeting someone from my "past" and reminiscing was good.

2 of my best friends have gotten engaged this month.

Don't think i've felt this good since I joined boards before xmas! :D
    it's weird!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Thanks for all the well wishes folks, this thread is just great, so nice that people take the time to be nice to each other, it's gotta be good karma!

And on that note...welcome susie_q! Wow India must be an amazing place to live! Do you find you miss home comforts, food and cosmetics etc?

@Acoshla, I think 5000 is just the start of something wonderful!:D

Jaysus I'm just feckin wrecked tonight. Sleep soon, going surfing for the first time tomorrow! I hope I don't faceplant onto the board or something.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

A lovely break up text. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

:(
    I can only comfort you with beer :(

Seriously?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

If they are gonna break up with you via text, they are probably not worthy of you!

really?! :eek:

who does that??!!

you do not deserve an asswipe that that!

hope you are ok! xxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Babybuff wrote: »
    :(
    I can only comfort you with beer :(

Haha I prefer vodka and white!
    Seriously?!?!

Yep, tried ringing to see what the story is, got a text "well talk tomorrow. night"
    Daisies wrote: »
    If they are gonna break up with you via text, they are probably not worthy of you!

Yep, don't even know what happened, came right out of the blue. I reckon is was because I wanted to actually do something with him, got horrible news about my nanny last weekend, just wanted him around, probably thought i was smoothering him :mad:
    really?! :eek:

who does that??!!

you do not deserve an asswipe that that!

hope you are ok! xxxx

22 year olds who still act like 12 year olds.
    Ah I'm ok now, just spend the past few hours with good friends, they helped me to put everything into perspective and have a laugh. I know at least no matter what happens I'll still have someone to turn to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

So much fun tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Had a strange encounter in the drive thru queue in McDonalds on the way home tonight.

While I was waiting for my order these two guys (young, Irish, claimed to be from Tralee but didn't really sound it) got out and came up to my window and asked could they take my photo for the newspaper as they were on a roadtrip. At that point one of them suddenly said that he had to get in with me and went round to the passenger door and tried to open it (I always lock it when I drive anywhere), the one with the camera said that they weren't going to do anything bad and then both of them posed for the photo (with me supposedly in the middle, sitting in my car) and then they left.

The most likely explanation I can think of is that they were tried to rob something from inside the car. :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

^^^^

That is very strange. Good job you had the doors locked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Yep, don't even know what happened, came right out of the blue. I reckon is was because I wanted to actually do something with him, got horrible news about my nanny last weekend, just wanted him around, probably thought i was smoothering him :mad:

To be honest if it was a relationship, you shouldn't have to ask him to be around, he should be there without thinking. Don't waste your time thinking about him! Hugsx x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Where do socks go when you put them in the washing machine? I matched up all my socks before I put them in the washing machine last night and then this morning when I took them out one out of two pairs is missing...

Took my make off but forgot to take my eye make up off?? The panda look is in right??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiera wrote: »

Was your ditty played ? : )

Ayla! Fair play on the shaving of your hair. You look beautiful.

• Advertisement

Was your ditty played ? : )
    No :(

It was all fun 80's music with the goonies playing on the tv behind the bar \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Don't worry. We've already sent ninjas to his house and they can never be traced back you you.

(Seriously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Where do socks go when you put them in the washing machine? I matched up all my socks before I put them in the washing machine last night and then this morning when I took them out one out of two pairs is missing...

Do ya not know that the washing machine is clubbing for socks?

They mill around for a while, meet up with somebody totally unsuitable and head of for a ill-advised ONS, turning up some time later looking ragged...

:D

pretty sunshine!! :D

Happy Saturday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Daisies wrote: »
    To be honest if it was a relationship, you shouldn't have to ask him to be around, he should be there without thinking. Don't waste your time thinking about him! Hugsx x
    +1,000,000,000.

When I went through a pretty horrible time recently with my dad my boyfriend was there for me no questions asked, he dropped everything and came straight around to mine to be there for me, I didn't have to ask.

TBH Jenny, if he dumped you by text you are better of without him.

It is such a horrible way to get dumped but at least you know now before you were seeing him for longer and had stronger feelings for him.

Count yourself lucky, you will find someone else who will want to be with you and be there for you and won't treat you how this guy treated you.

I personally wouldn't even consider getting back with someone who dumped me via text, if they do it once they'll do it again IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

40 degrees today! Went to the outdoor pool, read a great book, ended it with a delicious cocktail. Can't argue with a Saturday like that - except I was alone all day! The downsides of overseas life!

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My morning to get up with the baby and he wakes at 11am.

Woo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Why did I stay awake until 4am last night? So wrecked today. Argh. At least I'm not working until 3 anyway.

• Advertisement

Helping out at my nephews birthday party at 5. Someone give me a good excuse to miss it....

awec wrote: »
    Helping out at my nephews birthday party at 5. Someone give me a good excuse to miss it....
    The football is on.
    Nope because they're playing footy for an hour so that's not an excuse I can use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

You've got diarrhea.

You've got diarrhea.
    You're a legend!

You've got diarrhea.

But then you won't get any cake and krispie buns.

You've got diarrhea.

But then you won't get any cake and krispie buns.
    I don't like cake or chocolate so it's all good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What's wrong with you? :eek:

• Advertisement

You crazzzy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement