Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strava Boards.ie Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭C3PO

Seems a shame to mess things up for other people but maybe it was a mistake! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Plastik wrote: »
    Not a hope that's a genuine ride.

If it is, he's progressing well.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Junior wrote: »
    I'm off to grab a mates M5 and my Garmin, I'll take back a few KOM's.

I would have expected slightly more from the M5 :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

If it is, he's progressing well.........

Maybe he's been eating a lot of Spanish beef?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

All those KOMs have been removed. If you look at his profile he has none and if you check any of the segments his name is not there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

If the ride is flagged by someone it will automatically remove him from all of the leaderboards until someone at Strava decides what to make of the data afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

You can flag a ride which has suspicious speeds and its segments will no longer appear on leaderboards.

Does anyone know how to flag or remove segments which were created with dodgy data, besides just labelling them as hazardous?

E.g. http://app.strava.com/segments/645947 - lots of people have average speeds of greater than 70km/h on it.

And this one: http://app.strava.com/segments/773814

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

You can flag a ride which has suspicious speeds and its segments will no longer appear on leaderboards.

Does anyone know how to flag or remove segments which were created with dodgy data, besides just labelling them as hazardous?

E.g. http://app.strava.com/segments/645947 - lots of people have average speeds of greater than 70km/h on it.

And this one: http://app.strava.com/segments/773814

just make sure you have ridden it, then flag it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

• Registered Users Posts: 44 alanjgalbraith

Requested rides which have factious data (i.e. KOM's with cadence data suddenly missing) to be examined by Strava Customer Support at https://strava.zendesk.com/home.. Response seems good as Wicklow KOM's now look correct again one day after submitting request....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Plastik wrote: »
    Not a hope that's a genuine ride.
    I think it says it all if he can do 40km/h going up Glencree, but barely manage 21km/h coming down to Laragh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

My battery went flat after an hour of my spin today:(.

I'm using a smartphone and uploading the gpx file to Strava afterwards. Is there any way of manually updating the data so it is correct e.g. by editing the gpx file?

Thanks, Paul:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

I had a problem with a gpx a while back - turned out to be a date issue on the garmin caused by an update. I sent the file to strava support ( attached it to a support case I think) and they were able to open it and fix the date. I then uploaded manually. They should be able to do similar for yours or join both together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Stuck this over in the Bargains Alert thread but just in case people here don't see it.

3 months free Strava Premium using code: NM3M11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Nice one Yi Harr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Nice one Yi Harr

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Thanks very much Yi Harr. Finally, I can compare my performance to that of other decrepit oul lads!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Stuck this over in the Bargains Alert thread but just in case people here don't see it.

3 months free Strava Premium using code: NM3M11

Cheers Yi Harr - I now have one thing in common with Ryan Sherlock..

• Advertisement

Suddenly there's a lot more premium members in the boards.ie club :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

WOOOHOOO :D First in my age group (and the next younger group too!!!) up Stocking Lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

It's great being able to see how good everyone else is in fine detail.

Why isn't there a filter for '42 years olds who were feeling a bit wrecked and shouldn't have had that wine/beer/pizza last night'?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Many thanks Yi Harr, much obliged

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bbolger

Cool, I got an "EPIC" suffer score for the Wicklow 200 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

6th in overall climbing, 4th in overall distance. Not too shabby! In fairness, it's not all down to me :-p

http://cosmocatalano.com/strava/club_leaders/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,138 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

6th in overall climbing, 4th in overall distance. Not too shabby! In fairness, it's not all down to me :-p

http://cosmocatalano.com/strava/club_leaders/

Strava really should apply some sort of correction to iOS data. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

Moved up to joint first on lusk by pass with Beasty and one other.I think Beasty has his name on every segment in North County Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

RO 06 wrote: »
    Moved up to joint first on lusk by pass with Beasty and one other.I think Beasty has his name on every segment in North County Dublin

I suspect he's created most of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Zen0 wrote: »
    Thanks very much Yi Harr. Finally, I can compare my performance to that of other decrepit oul lads!

I'll be in that group then so...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,533 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Notched up another couple of Noryh County Dublin segments this evening...

The maximum gradient on any segment I've created is 1.3%, and I'm way down that list

In fact, of all those I have created I think I only have KOMs on 4 of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭El Vino

Any Boardsie members exiled in London?

RO 06 wrote: »
    Moved up to joint first on lusk by pass with Beasty
    Sorry:o

Don't mean it really - I'll see what I can do about that Rathmore Road segment tomorrow:D

Anybody else joining the cycling challenge for a laugh ?

app.strava.com/challenges/specialized-classic

This guy has got off to a what one might call an energetic start:
    app.strava.com/rides/5251721

and that wasnt his only ride of the day !:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

seve65 wrote: »
    Anybody else joining the cycling challenge for a laugh ?

app.strava.com/challenges/specialized-classic

This guy has got off to a what one might call an energetic start:
    app.strava.com/rides/5251721

and that wasnt his only ride of the day !:eek:

Great rolling countryside in Somerset.

Over 32,000m in total or 6 repeats of Howth everyday for a month and a half....Definitely harder than the Festive 500!

To quote from dubbtech.com/2012/03/14/specialized-challenges-us-to-47-days-of-climbing-pain/

• It’s a smidge under 20 vertical miles (19.95 miles).
    • It’s like climbing Mount Everest 3.6 times.
    • Going up, you’d be halfway through the Earth’s stratosphere.
    • You’ll climb the total of all five Spring Classics put together … times three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

Beasty wrote: »
    Sorry:o

Don't mean it really - I'll see what I can do about that Rathmore Road segment tomorrow:D
    I was wondering how long it would be before you tried that. 6 SECONDS well done.
    Oh well suppose i will have to have another go. That was my first attempt on tues night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭f1000

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

f1000 wrote: »
    Welcome to the dark side :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

A few segments have sprung up on my commuting route.

How can you be KOM when there's no Mountain? Or even a slight gradient? (Rock Road I'm looking at you ;)).

Some really fast times all the same. Impossible to beat in morning traffic with lights etc. That's my excuse anyway.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I've noticed a few segments crop up on my commuting routes as well. Daft because most of them would have at least two sets of traffic lights in them. I just mute them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

daragh_ wrote: »
    A few segments have sprung up on my commuting route.

How can you be KOM when there's no Mountain? Or even a slight gradient? (Rock Road I'm looking at you ;)).

Some really fast times all the same. Impossible to beat in morning traffic with lights etc. [COLOR="Silver"]That's my excuse anyway.[/COLOR]
    I agree with the koh / kom inflation but I set up two flat segments (one each way) at the back of the airport where one could consistently measure "performance " as there's no junction of note for a good few km.
    Kos should be the term for these, and I vote for a c prefix to denote commutes :-)

I don't think the gradient thing is a problem. TT courses, for instance, are useful to have in, although they're usually out and back or somewhat of a loop which removes excessive wind influence.

Also, I have three KOMs in the Phoenix Park which you can take from my cold dead hand. :pac:

Segments with traffic lights are a bit silly though.

Lumen wrote: »
    Segments with traffic lights are a bit silly though.
    You can flag certain segments as potentially dangerous, which is what I'd be inclined to do when a segment has been set up with traffic lights.

For example, someone has created an "up the Rathgar Road" segment which is about putting in the best time from Rathmines to Rathgar. Even without the traffic lights bang in the middle, putting your head down and TTing this stretch is a recipe for disaster cos there's traffic constantly turning on and off the road.

Although I do like that someone has created a segment for the Templeogue road, giving me the second fastest time. I even remember the day. I'll never get it any faster though unless I decide to take the road bike to work again. Or unless I get a 50km/h easterly tailwind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

I had one of my segments - Knockmaroon Hill, http://app.strava.com/segments/714676 - marked as hazardous by someone. Going uphill, no traffic lights, part of my regular spins when I lived out that way. Were one of ye jealous of my KOM on it?

buffalo wrote: »
    I had one of my segments - Knockmaroon Hill, http://app.strava.com/segments/714676 - marked as hazardous by someone. Going uphill, no traffic lights, part of my regular spins when I lived out that way. Were one of ye jealous of my KOM on it?

I noticed that and reported it to try and get it unmarked. I haven't checked back recently, but I've heard nothing.

Did you do better than 1:16 on it?

http://app.strava.com/segments/714676

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I just reported it as non-hazardous. Maybe if enough of us do it, they'll pay attention. I'm pretty sure there's no lights on Knockmaroon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

Lumen wrote: »
    I noticed that and reported it to try and get it unmarked. I haven't checked back recently, but I've heard nothing.

Did you do better than 1:16 on it?

http://app.strava.com/segments/714676

I flagged it as non-hazardous about a week ago as well. I have 1.15. :p

Will it let you superimpose a new segment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭f1000

CramCycle wrote: »
    Welcome to the dark side :pac:

Cheers CramCycle.

Won't be challenging for any KOM's but will be able to notch up a few Km's here n' there. Started using Strava at the start of the year and have done just under 1,100k & 4,500m.

• Advertisement

4600 meters climbing not in the alps or pyrenees or some other moutainous place.

app.strava.com/rides/5389979#

jesus wept :eek:

Advertisement