Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romantic things to do? or Youve done?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    my ex used to enjoy walking by the river in the evenings. on valentines day I promised I'd see her later that night, but I had set up a blanket, food, flowers and about 300 tea light candles in a little secret cove off the beaten track and surprised her with that. we stayed and watched the sunset. its the little things though that get them. I always try text here in the morning and say she's beautiful. that relationship didn't last and I've been emotionally crippled since, too the point that my new relationships have been affected. I'm not the romantic guy I used to be, but this thread makes me want to be better to the lady who's special to me. :o

That is so cute! I think the OH should deffo read this thread. He hasn't a romantic bone in his body.

It isn't even romance sometimes, it is just thinking about, planning and doing something that will make the other persons day a bit brighter or easier.

The first night I met my ex, we were hanging out and talking until about 6.30 am. Around 2 am though I started getting cold. He gave me his jacket. At 3 am I was freezing. He walked to his home, went in, got the warmest coat he owned and brought it back to me. And my feet were sore from the heels so he gave me a piggyback to get a taxi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

So what the most romantic thing youve done for a woman? Or know of any romantic things to do? From the small things to the big things

Im curious to know call it research, ive dug myelf a hole with my mouth and I now have to find my way out of it.

The most romantic thing you can do is give a woman a real orgasm.
    Forget about flowers, chocolates, whispering sweet nothing etc.
    An orgasm is what a woman wants and if you can give her great orgasm she will love you forever.
    Every other 'romantic' thing is just papering over the cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

snafuk35 wrote: »
    An orgasm is what a woman wants and if you can give her great orgasm she will love you forever.

I laughed tbh. :pac:

That_Guy wrote: »
    I laughed tbh. :pac:

Am I right or am I right?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

You speak the truth... this is all we want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

ihsb wrote: »

You speak the truth... this is all we want.
    I seriously disagree here. Yes sex and orgasms are important but saying you don't need to be romantic cause you give her orgasms is bull! Romance doesn't paper over anything... It help accentuate a relationship!

Pembily wrote: »
    I seriously disagree here. Yes sex and orgasms are important but saying you don't need to be romantic cause you give her orgasms is bull! Romance doesn't paper over anything... It help accentuate a relationship!

I have to disgree with you.

If a guy can give a woman sexual pleasure she will forgive him anything. If he is romantic to boot well and good.
    But if a guy is romantic and takes her out to dinner, goes on ocean cruises and remembers anniversaries but can't give her an orgasm there is a problem no matter how romantic he is.

We'll agree to differ! :D

I have to disgree with you.

If a guy can give a woman sexual pleasure she will forgive him anything. If he is romantic to boot well and good.
    But if a guy is romantic and takes her out to dinner, goes on ocean cruises and remembers anniversaries but can't give her an orgasm there is a problem no matter how romantic he is.

We'll agree to differ! :D
    I won't forgive a guy everything cause he can make me orgasm. Also if it's a good relationship the guy will be able to make me orgasm... So the point is kinda moot!

I won't forgive a guy everything cause he can make me orgasm. Also if it's a good relationship the guy will be able to make me orgasm... So the point is kinda moot!

In my experience women retrospectively justify their behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

If a guy can give a woman sexual pleasure she will forgive him anything.

Absolutely disagree. Maybe you've been lucky enough to meet women who think like this so that you don't have to put in any more effort, but I can assure you that it is not the norm.

• Advertisement

In my experience women retrospectively justify their behaviour.

Explain in English please!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Explain in English please!

No no no pem - it goes:

"ENGLISH MOTHERF*CKER! DO YOU SPEAK IT?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Great thread alright!

- I always make her birthday / Christmas / anniversary cards - on the PC, printing onto card. Much more personal than bought cards.

- When Ic come back from travel abroad with work I hide small gifts from foreign countries (usually chewing gum / chocolate / jellies) in her car / laptop bag / cost etc. She loves discovering them.

St. David said 'Do the little things in life'. I try to express my love for my woman in the little things in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Great thread.......

Went back to the cafe where we had our first date and nicked a teaspoon.

Had it engraved with the name of the cafe and the date and gave it to her as a surprise one day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

The only thing I've done was when the girl was out of the country on Valentines day and we'd been chatting every morning on Skype, I used photoshop to create my own .PDF Valentines card with a handwritten message inside, just so she'd have something from me there when she woke up; pretty lame compared to some of the gestures mentioned in this thread but it was all I could do at the time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Gf was getting a 4 hour bus back home to her parents so as she was buying her ticket I slipped a chocolate bar into her handbag and texted her after she'd be on the bus a bit to let her know it was there.

She really appreciates little gestures like that cause she's knows I do them of my own accord and don't feel obliged/need to be told to do them.

Not going out too long yet but I'm sure I'll have more to contribute soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kilometres

I love to find and share cool little places, one place was a little perch on a cliff above the sea.
    One evening, i brought her there with a camping stove to make tea, watched the sun set and then the stars. We just sat there for hours, then as a surprise, i lit one of those sky lanterns which she loved. Wont be forgetting that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Got another one as reminded by my current girlfriend. One weekend, I picked her up after work to bring her to dinner. We lived in Galway, I Told her we'd go to the Huntsman Inn. With her none the wiser. I picked that place because it is nice but it's actually across from the G Hotel. So I said maybe we could go to the cinema which is right by the G afterwards and when driving past the Huntsman said it looked kind of full so I might as well park over by the Cinema and Hotel.

So when we were going back to the car after dinner instead of going down in the elevator to the parking, I told her we had to go up and pulled the room key out.

I went there a few hours earlier and checked into a room. Setup a bunch of tea lights all around the room and bathroom. Got her a Lindt chocolate thingy, a teddy bear and a bunch of her favorite flowers. It would have been a complete suprise. She was working that day so I had the time to set it all up.

Wanna talk romantic? Girlfriend stayed over recently.....and the next day, I made HER a sandwich!! (and an awesome one at that!!)

Gender stereotypes be damned!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wanna talk romantic? Girlfriend stayed over recently.....and the next day, I made HER a sandwich!! (and an awesome one at that!!)

Gender stereotypes be damned!! :)

You're a keeper. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

You're a keeper. ;)

He sure is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

swapple wrote: »
    He sure is :)

apprently men cooking is sexy I heard?

I brought a girl on a picnic 2800 meters above sea level... to a cool little view of more or less the east itlaian alps :) we had cold meets and bread as i was a bum :pac:...

another time another girl we arranged to go on a date, and i need up saying bring some thing warm don't dress up, there was a meteor shower on and we watched that at remote beach about 2 minutes from my folks house then we drove back to dublin 3 hr drive, :pac:

then the generic stuff dozen white rose's meals and stuff but being honest i preferred the more creative dates then the usual ones there feckin boring sitting in a room talking... :)

Snowie wrote: »
    apprently men cooking is sexy I heard?

It can be, but that's not the only reason why he's a keeper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You're a keeper. ;)

Well there's nothing worse than a BAD sandwich!! :)

It can be, but that's not the only reason why he's a keeper :D

:o
    Larianne wrote: »
    Well there's nothing worse than a BAD sandwich!! :)

QFT!!

And this was an EPIC sandwich!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

It can be,
    FML

:mad:

Your supposed to stroke mens egos around the internets at this point :)..

Not be all cool and say it can be :pac:

Im on to you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Reesy wrote: »
    Great thread alright!

- I always make her birthday / Christmas / anniversary cards - on the PC, printing onto card. Much more personal than bought cards.

- When Ic come back from travel abroad with work I hide small gifts from foreign countries (usually chewing gum / chocolate / jellies) in her car / laptop bag / cost etc. She loves discovering them.

St. David said 'Do the little things in life'. I try to express my love for my woman in the little things in life.

So no orgasms then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

My moment of romantic glory happened completely by chance.. We were in Paris for a few days, it was my first time and we went up to the eifel tower in the evening and it happened to be really foggy. It was also quite cold so I bought two hot chocolates and we sipped them looking through the fog at the lights below.. And I got this awesome photo from below.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Made her beans on toast with scrambled eggs. Placed the eggs on the toast and poured the beans around it to leave a heart shape of scrambled eggs in the middle. Simple but she liked it. Brightened up her morning.

• Advertisement

Snowie wrote: »
    FML

:mad:

Your supposed to stroke mens egos around the internets at this point :)..

Not be all cool and say it can be :pac:

Im on to you :p

:pac: Hahaha I only said it can be sexy when a guy cooks because it's not if he gets all stressed out about it (like I've seen in the past!). But hey, that's just my opinion :)

I'm sure you're a wonderful cook! :D

Advertisement