Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S05 Ep10 - "Mother's Mercy" - HAVE NOT READ THE BOOKS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

BMMachine wrote: »
    Melisandre is totally going to resurrect him. It couldnt be more obvious

Ha ha first time I've ever been rooting for Melisandre! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Who cares about Snow? Stannis is dead! :mad:

PressRun wrote: »

Also, is Stannis definitely dead? I felt like something was going to happen to Brienne while she was standing there making that speech, and it seemed like he was looking over her shoulder the whole time. She also seemed quite hesitant to kill him once he told her to do her duty. He probably is, and tbh, I feel like his story has run its course and he got what he deserved. Seemed weirdly ambiguous for GoT though.

He may get a chance to redeem himself? He's ruthless but I still like him, even though all that drives him is lust for power. Does that make me a bad person? I'll get me coat...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

I'm feeling like this about the show

large.jpg

empacher wrote: »
    Jon snow to be reserucited , take control of the wildlings. Find Theon and Sansa. Obliterate the bolton's ---> with help from Stannis <--- and rule the north. Give Ramsey to that giant wildling as a sex slave. Justice is served.

Fixed it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Was that really Cerci naked walking through the streets just read a review of the episode and it said it was just her head using CGI on a body double

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Iwasfrozen wrote: »

He burned his own daughter to death...good riddance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

How did jorah tyrion and dadio escape the pits?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Was that really Cerci naked walking through the streets just read a review of the episode and it said it was just her head using CGI on a body double

u just answered ur own question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Read a few theories and stuff now the show has caught up. I am convinced Jon Snow will be resurrected in some shape or form.

• Advertisement

tvnutz wrote: »
    He burned his own daughter to death...good riddance!

It was that or watch his men die. Stannis is a leader who can make tough decisions and sacrifices he wouldn't even ask his men to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

It was that or watch his men die. Stannis is a leader who can make tough decisions and sacrifices he wouldn't even ask his men to make.
    Eh....?

Game of Trolls thread >>>>>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Didn't daenarys run into trouble with a many faced gods person a few seasons back ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

What did I just watch...so many deaths I can't even remember every one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Agree surely Melisandre will resurrect Jon! Didn't she earlier this season say that he had a part to play or something, and then she just pisses off to castle black and leaves Stannis, I thought that was she realised Stannis chances were gone so she headed back to use Jon. I hope I'm right would be awful to build up Jon as a character with a huge role to play only for him to die.

I'd like Stannis to survive but doubt that.

Hey at least Theon sort of redeemed himself a little...god this will be a long wait now for season 6

K4t wrote: »
    Eh....?

Game of Trolls thread >>>>>>>>>>>>

They couldn't move forward or back. They were snowed in after Ramsey's "20 good men."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Bit I don't understand is the last of stannis's soldiers who was on the ground dying starts to crawl like where the **** is he going just lie quiet and play dead you clown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

When I was watching it, I (naturally) thought Stannis was screwed as all the riders approached him. I was so confused when the next scene was him, almost alone, among a whole load of dead bodies! I thought they somehow turned it around? Anyway Brienne put a stop to that, and the following scene clarified it.

Anyway, now I'm frustrated. I'm losing interest :( Ramsay will go hunting for Sansa and Theon. Somewhere in there, Brienne might meet him and then, who knows? Otherwise, I don't care about Winterfell. I doubt the Red Woman will manage to bring Jon Snow back to life? All of Castle Black wanted him dead, and they aren't particularly open-minded folks. So I probably won't care about Castle Black either. Cersei will probably go nuts at the High Sparrow and his squad. Is she still supposed to attend a trial for the other sins? Maybe something there but the only interesting outcome would be if Cersei loses. If Jaime comes back then maybe he'll play a role. Otherwise maybe he'll turn around and go wave his sword at Oberyn woman. More crap Dornish fighting. Tyrion and Varys... I'm sure they'll concoct some scheme. But unless it's something very grand and dragon related, I don't really care about Meereen. And I guess Sam and Gilly will go and be boring while they deal with their three-season-old baby's failure to thrive. Sam might be useful if he learns about White Walkers and stuff while he's in college. Bran is probably practicing is wargly gargly stuff, but he seems to have disappeared. Rickon is a bit shit so who cares. Ugh

Basically, it was a whole lot more exciting in the middle of Season Two when all the characters you were really rooting for had some glimmer of hope. Now it's just a mess and the White Walkers are probably going to wreck everyone anyway so is there even a point to half of the storylines until it just ends up being Bran going googly eyed and controlling the dragons to fight the White Walkers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

They couldn't move forward or back. They were snowed in after Ramsey's "20 good men."

After what he did to Shireen, there was no redemption for Stannis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Bit I don't understand is the last of stannis's soldiers who was on the ground dying starts to crawl like where the **** is he going just lie quiet and play dead you clown

Yeah same here...like where was he going? and under what time constraint that he couldn't just lay there till it was safe?

"Oh look there is a hospital 100m away from the battle field, according to google maps it closes at 6pm, can't wait an extra 30 seconds for Ramsey to ride by so gotta go now before it closes."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

With Stannis gone that means the war is over for now. This would a perfect time for Daenerys to invade but no, she is not done faffing about in the East. So many stale storylines now so few interesting characters left. Hope the writers improve for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

So my only emotional investment lies heavy on the shoulders of Aiden Gillen's choice of accent for each particular episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

some great reactions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I don't know what to think after that episode. I honestly think this season was the worst one yet. Lazy in places and dragged on, but that's not to say there weren't any times of brilliance. Hoping next season will be a lot better filled with tonnes of surprises!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Stop the water clocks, leave the ravens alone,
    Prevent the direwolves from barking with a juicy bone,
    Silence the lutes and with muffled drum
    Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let dragons circle moaning overhead
    Flaming on the sky the message He Is Dead,
    Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
    Let the Night's Watch wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
    My working week and my seventh-day rest,
    My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
    I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
    Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
    Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
    For nothing now can ever come to any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

some great reactions

If you are that surprised at what happened to Jon Snow, you are a bit retarded or just playing up for the camera. That was the most obvious murder setup ever.

In a place where everybody hates you and then a 12 year old who has been pissed at you for about 5 episodes tells you to come outside as you long lost uncle has risen for the dead, you probably should know something is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Hazys wrote: »
    If you are that surprised at what happened to Jon Snow, you are a bit retarded or just playing up for the camera. That was the most obvious murder setup ever.

In a place where everybody hates you and then a 12 year old who has been pissed at you for about 5 episodes tells you to come outside as you long lost uncle has risen for the dead, you probably should know something is up.
    yeah everybody saw it coming. People who make reaction videos are just overacting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

So my only emotional investment lies heavy on the shoulders of Aiden Gillen's choice of accent for each particular episode.

He is such a bad actor. I actually find myself laughing at his ridiculousness every time he is on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

For me this episode seemed very rushed and just not like the usual GOT episodes. It was like, this is happening, now that's happening, now this over here! For me it didn't sit right.

I also disliked the placing cersei's head on someone elses body for the walk of shame. I'd rather they had shown close ups and then far enough away with the double that you couldn't see the face rather than placing the actors head on another body like in captain america, I've never seen it done well. It kept taking me out of the moment.

As for the end of the episode, I think al capwned summed that up in the first post. Surely he'll be brought back to life...

How do you know it wasn't her body?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I found it to be a less than average episode; an anti-climax in all parts, the Cersei thing was the best thing in it and that was dragged out waaaay too long.

Too much filler, not enough happening and when important things do happen they are treated with flippancy and needless speed, while the nonsense with Daenerys and Meereen is given too much air-time.

Just my opinion but they need better writers :) Even the Tyrion/Varis scene felt flat.

Am I right in thinking non-bookreaders are now up to the same level as the bookreaders? No more book-spoilers?

Advertisement