Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who would you vote for tomorrow (Post FG Crisis)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Labour has no policies: A lie peddled by Fianna Fáil & Fine Gael. Labour have published 47 policy documents since 2007, along with 26 private members' bills.

Do you really want another government of crooks & liers? Read facts, not fiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

duffflash wrote: »
    So its another 5 years of FF voted in by the OAP brigade and you by not using your vote:mad:

i hate the way people on here are so dismissive of OAPs as if they havent a clue. come down off your horse would ya :rolleyes:

Voltwad wrote: »
    Labour has no policies: A lie peddled by Fianna Fáil & Fine Gael. Labour have published 47 policy documents since 2007, along with 26 private members' bills.

Do you really want another government of crooks & liers? Read facts, not fiction.

why did labour lose over half their seats in the 1997 election, was it because they are squeaky clean? but, of course....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    I feel Fine Gael are incompetent to manage their own party don't mind the country...

The Greens are traitors to democracy, hanging in there with Fianna Fáil to pass thier own agenda,
    :(

A leadership challenge shows incompetence, how so:confused:
    Is this not called politics?
    Would you prefer if they were an authoritarian led party?

Are FF also traitors for sticking in there with the Greens? great logic.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

duffflash wrote: »
    So spoiled have won the election. Their a great party:rolleyes:

Better than any of the others available.

I could easily take to the idea of voting for dead parties. Clann na Publachta FTW!

2nd preference PDs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Voltwad wrote: »

Looked from pig to man and from man to pig and already couldn't tell the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Labour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Looked from pig to man and from man to pig and already couldn't tell the difference.

http://www.labour.ie/policy/listing.html

Read ,analyse and write your opinion

FF and FG try to peddle the idea of there being nothing there. Media seems to lap it up for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

http://www.labour.ie/policy/listing.html

Read ,analyse and write your opinion

Read, analysed and wrote my opinion, but no one responded.

Better than any of the others available.

I could easily take to the idea of voting for dead parties. Clann na Publachta FTW!

2nd preference PDs

what we really need is Clann na Talmhan to reform :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

You expect a party to play its full hand BEFORE a GE is even called?
    Like the other two parties would do the same. In fact they would tear that proposal apart, promise the moon and then tear up their own proposals, once in government. Never happen? current government did it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Lets see

Fianna Fail - Id rather stick hot needles in my eyes than vote for them. Have to be held almost 100% culpable for the mess we are in and deserve to be punished for it by the electorate. I just wish so many irish would drop the civil war, voting with your family bull**** that ensures FF get away with so much

Fine Gael Would have been assured of my vote a month ago, despite of Enda kenny. Like the ideas they are putting forward for health. However, with many of their TDs that i rate the highest possibly being demoted to the backbenches for attempting to do what a majority of the electorate want(get rid of Kenny), they may have lost my vote.

Labour - Just seem too populace for me and dont appeal to me. Unlike many, I dont see a good leader in Gilmore, just a good speaker

Greens- Voted for them in the last election, disgusted now that I did. Hope you enjoyed your Carbon tax and other such bull**** lads. looking forward to seeing their demise.

Sinn Fein - Will never vote for murdering terrorists.

So in answer to the question, at the moment nothing whatsoever is appealing to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Din Taylor

deanh wrote: »
    Given the events of the past 20? years, my vote is for the party out of power for most of that time, Fine Gael. There is always an alternative, people just have to have the courage to vote for it.
    Well said I'm getting sick of the weak, "no viable alternative", argument. After what FF has done to my country I'd prefer to have the devil himself as Taoiseach to Biffo.

My biggest fear for the next general election is small parties/independents on micro issues having a huge say at the next Dail, FG make the tough decisions and get brought down a la the mid 80s.

PS I'm not a FG supporter and think Kenny should have just stepped aside for the good of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

No one responded cause it is obvious by your response that you did not read any Labour policy and have a chip on your shoulder against the Labour party.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

No one responded cause it is obvious by your response that you did not read any Labour policy and have a chip on your shoulder against the Labour party.

In that post I actually quoted a Labour policy ("Capital Budget savings through lower tender prices"). Could you explain how I managed to do this without reading any of the policies? Thanks.

If my post is so false it should be very easy to refute. And yet, no refutation.

And I've no chip on my shoulder. Even if I did, it wouldn't make what I said any better or any worse than it is. Once again, if I'm being so irrational it should be very easy to refute what I said.
    You expect a party to play its full hand BEFORE a GE is even called?

Not its full hand. I expect parties to give an outline of what their proposed alternative is.

Advertisement