Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 harroll

jdp2017 wrote: »
    Hi, i have bought in barnwell grove and will be doing our snaglist on monday. I am now trying to roughly budget for when we move in. Can any resident tell me roughly what gas and electric are costing them per month?

I know everyone's usage will be different but its a good point to start.

Thanks

Hi what number on the Grove did you buy? I bought on the Grove and still waiting to hear anything from the builders

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jones2017

Hi, could anyone give some information about the pylons nearby? Are they very close? Health risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

harroll wrote: »
    Hi what number on the Grove did you buy? I bought on the Grove and still waiting to hear anything from the builders

Hi, Grove 1-19 all odd numbers are ready and completed the BCAR...

2-16 will be completed by mid or end of August and all other ones god knows :confused:

if anyone is looking for somebody to do a snag list heres the name of someone who has been doing some of the houses in hansfield wood and here in barnwell for a really good price. Craig Doyle 0870547106

userduluth wrote: »
    Hi, Grove 1-19 all odd numbers are ready and completed the BCAR...

2-16 will be completed by mid or end of August and all other ones god knows :confused:

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Falcon

Hi
    Anyone know if Sky TV is available in Barnwell or info regarding same.
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Energy1

Jones2017 wrote: »
    Hi, could anyone give some information about the pylons nearby? Are they very close? Health risk?

Pylons arent a health risk just an eye sore. Depends on where your house is located, I live in the square and don't see any about. There are a few towards the station roundabout and close to houses which would put me off

The Falcon wrote: »
    Hi
    Anyone know if Sky TV is available in Barnwell or info regarding same.
    Many thanks

Not sure about sky but all houses are wired for virgin media, I presume sky is available don't see why it wouldn't be. I originally installed a router with a sim as its only €20 every 28 days but the coverage in the houses was non-existent. I had to get broadband for wi-fi and a booster for my phone signal.

Hi, i have bought in barnwell grove and will be doing our snaglist on monday. I am now trying to roughly budget for when we move in. Can any resident tell me roughly what gas and electric are costing them per month?

Thanks

€60 for electricity, €15 for gas that was for last months bill

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jdp2017

Energy1 wrote: »

Thanks

€60 for electricity, €15 for gas that was for last months bill

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Jones2017

Energy1 wrote: »
    Pylons arent a health risk just an eye sore. Depends on where your house is located, I live in the square and don't see any about. There are a few towards the station roundabout and close to houses which would put me off

Thanks for that....we will be 130 metres away from them

Just a tip - if you are buying tiles it is cheaper to pick them in project tiles but have jimmy complete the order for you as then you only pay 13% vat.

Just a tip - if you are buying tiles it is cheaper to pick them in project tiles but have jimmy complete the order for you as then you only pay 13% vat.
    s

yes, I did the same but picked tiles from else where as project tiles were charging a lot for the same tiles....

Jimmy is excellent in terms of flexibility and also giving you many options to go with, just talk to him with your requirements...

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

CHILDMINDER
    Hello all.
    My Fiance and will soon be looking for a care provider for our baby girl (6 months old). On a Wednesday and Thursday only.
    We are on the relevant websites and have interests but I'm interested to see if there are any local residents who might be interested in the PT job?
    Wednesday 11:00 - 16:30
    Thursday 12:30 - 16:30.
    Schedule would be frequent.
    PM me if you know anyone who might be interested please.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 misspola

Hello. Some houses on the Grove have been released recently. I'm wondering if those who bought there could tell us if they're happy and was there much snagging to do?

misspola wrote: »
    Hello. Some houses on the Grove have been released recently. I'm wondering if those who bought there could tell us if they're happy and was there much snagging to do?

I am one of the Grovies :) and I completed my snaglist and signed off...my snagging was done by Barry Jackson from snaglistireland and he is very nice guy to deal with.

He found around 30 minor issues which were all fixed but Barry was saying he found more issues on other houses in the same block...so it depends on each house built I guess...

Barry also said the houses in Barnwell are well built, so apart from minor issues such as settling cracks, paint marks, cement marks you will not find fault with the structure itself

my keys hand over will happen in August as per the builder solicitor...dont know why it will take that long :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I notice billboards have gone up for the site under development to the west of the Educate Together schools (near the bakery). It's being advertised as Beechwood and says the first homes will be available for occupation this Autumn.  I imagine they will be more expensive as many of them look to be detached homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭lunamia

ongarboy wrote: »
    I notice billboards have gone up for the site under development to the west of the Educate Together schools (near the bakery). It's being advertised as Beechwood and says the first homes will be available for occupation this Autumn.  I imagine they will be more expensive as many of them look to be detached homes.

Hi, it's weird that they started working to the area close the Ongar roundabout, at the begin of Barnwell where there should be 70 houses in total...
    and they are now advertising the developments of Beechwood where I understood there will be 200 houses.

Does anyone have an idea of how long will they keep working in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

I am one of the Grovies :) and I completed my snaglist and signed off...my snagging was done by Barry Jackson from snaglistireland and he is very nice guy to deal with.

He found around 30 minor issues which were all fixed but Barry was saying he found more issues on other houses in the same block...so it depends on each house built I guess...

Barry also said the houses in Barnwell are well built, so apart from minor issues such as settling cracks, paint marks, cement marks you will not find fault with the structure itself

my keys hand over will happen in August as per the builder solicitor...dont know why it will take that long :confused:

Hi, can you provide some insight to the build time. How long from paying your deposit to actually getting the keys in August?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

Hi all

Have I read trough the entire thread (it took a while) and have to say it has been very helpful in allaying any fears we had and has been great for answering some of the 101 questions i have rattling around in my head at the moment.

A couple of questions re options on the houses, we are going for a sycamore type A in the current release beachwood. I am looking to see if anyone got extra sockets ect fitted and approximately how much they were quoted for the work by the site electrician?

I am looking to get one extra TV point and a network point in each room going back to a store room for a server/switch . I Ideally want to get this done before decorating as is a very messy job.

Also anyone currently living there have anything in hindsight they wish they had gotten done before moving in ?

Thanks for all the info so far.

• Advertisement

T-K-O wrote: »
    Hi, can you provide some insight to the build time. How long from paying your deposit to actually getting the keys in August?

Thanks,

I have PMd you the details

almat1981 wrote: »
    Hi all

Have I read trough the entire thread (it took a while) and have to say it has been very helpful in allaying any fears we had and has been great for answering some of the 101 questions i have rattling around in my head at the moment.

A couple of questions re options on the houses, we are going for a sycamore type A in the current release beachwood. I am looking to see if anyone got extra sockets ect fitted and approximately how much they were quoted for the work by the site electrician?

I am looking to get one extra TV point and a network point in each room going back to a store room for a server/switch . I Ideally want to get this done before decorating as is a very messy job.

Also anyone currently living there have anything in hindsight they wish they had gotten done before moving in ?

Thanks for all the info so far.

Hi, Attached list give you some idea as to how much it will cost for extra bits , Gabriel(Builder Electrician) is very good but very expensive.

you can move any cable/socket to any wall or any place you want but just you need to plan it accordingly, somethings cant be changed at certain point so your best time is to start very early.Gabriel will provide the house plan with current access points and you change them accordingly.Gabriel did not charge me for moving sockets if they are on the same wall.

I have opted for garden shed power socket at very late stage so he has to do it from an existing power socket inside the living room but if I have opted it early he would have done it from mains and properly hiding the cable out side.

just to let you know Gabriel will not do any changes to the shared wall(neighbour wall)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nelly river

Has anyone changed their kitchen window to french doors during the build stage? I'm an Ash house. Was also imagining closing over the back door in the utility room to have more cupboard space/storage and having a small window in place of the door or having a small window on the boiler wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Thomas16

Has anyone changed their kitchen window to french doors during the build stage? I'm an Ash house. Was also imagining closing over the back door in the utility room to have more cupboard space/storage and having a small window in place of the door or having a small window on the boiler wall.

I don't think builder will do any structural change as per our request.
    we need to do after closing the sale if we want.

I'm not sure but think so...

Thank You

Has anyone in barnwell grove got their broadband in yet? Who is the first person to contact regarding line connection?

Hi, can any one give me their opinion whether wooden or metal man shed is better?

I am personally inclined towards metal shed but got the info regarding the condensation problem with the shed in winter, so is there any way they need to be build to get rid of condensation. I was told to do concrete base for the shed instead of putting the shed on the cement blocks....has any one did the concrete base can suggest a good builder to contact regarding the sheds.

Hi, can any one give me their opinion whether wooden or metal man shed is better?

I am personally inclined towards metal shed but got the info regarding the condensation problem with the shed in winter, so is there any way they need to be build to get rid of condensation. I was told to do concrete base for the shed instead of putting the shed on the cement blocks....has any one did the concrete base can suggest a good builder to contact regarding the sheds.

Hi,

I am also searching the answer wood or steel shed better :)

For steel shed, clanesteelgardensheds.ie looks better.
    They will do a condensation coating for the roof. But, not for walls.
    They told me, condensation will come through the roof. I don't know, is that correct or not?

For the wooden, gardenshedsforsale.ie looks good, especially their superior range wood.
    But their installation looks very bad.
    They would give full condensation coating for some extra money.

Price wise, wooden shed cheaper, almost half price.
    Looks wise, steel shed is better :)

Thank You

bbari wrote: »
    I can't give an opinion as to which one is better but I'd share the pics of what I got. My back garden wasn't a square one, I got it made and fully utilised a corner which I wouldn't have achieved by buying an off the shelf shed whether wooden or steel. I am very happy with it so far. Hard to tell how much exactly it cost as I got some other works done with it but it was around 1,000 to 1,200. I know its bit more than off the shelf sheds but.....!

That's a clever shed! :)

Can I ask,
    How did you prepare floor? just by gravel?
    Does that stop weeds growing?
    Where did you buy gravel?

Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Thomas16 wrote: »
    That's a clever shed! :)

Can I ask,
    How did you prepare floor? just by gravel?
    Does that stop weeds growing?
    Where did you buy gravel?

Thank You

Shed itself is sitting on 5-6 concrete blocks. I got very little weed and weed spray killed it. Goodwin up the road on N3 sells all the material.

• Advertisement

Hi any Barnwell Grove members on the even numbers side received their keys yet?...I was told it will be end of August as there is a huge backlog for land registry applications...any info from your or building solicitors in this matter?

Advertisement