Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barnwell, Hansfield, near Ongar, Dublin 15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭paddyred9

ghusk wrote: »
    Just got onto her now and the site won't be open for snagging until Friday now!!!
    I am going to try and get in on Saturday morning to snag, but have to confirm with Cian's uncle who is snagging for us.
    The site office is open from 10am-12pm on Saturday.
    I think that its gas the builders solitiors sending us all letters to close etc in 14 days when the site foreman isn't ready to allow us on site to snag until 7 days before the deadline!!!

I'm booked and everything for monday now for my snag!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lmd

Snag is being done thursday morning so i will keep you informed on how i get on.

Great stuff,

lmd which number are you in again?

Ah ok cool,

So you're down the far end of the street to the apartments?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

It's great you're all getting in to snag this week. ;)
    Hopefully you'll get in on Sat morn Ghusk.

I'm so jealous wish we were near to snagging!!! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Guys, just a gentle reminder that this is a public forum and putting your real names and addresses on it may not be the wisest thing in the world, not everyone out there is as nice as they are here. May I suggest you use PMs to swap address details, or if people prefer you can send the names and addresses to me and I'll do a single PM to everyone with all the details.

Haha oops..

Maybe a good idea, its hard when we're all talking about which new house is ours!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭ghusk

I am booked to snag on Saturday morning!! I can't wait!!!
    Drove into the site last night and had a quick chat with the father of a girl who bought behind the green (still not up on the names!) and he said that they were great when it came to snagging and it was only cosmetic problems that they found, all fixed and sorted within 10 days!
    Good luck to everyone who is snagging this week!

Just got a phone call from Modern Kitchens and apparently they are closing the section of the business for new developments. If anyone has made any changes to the kitchen that are not being completed until after keys are being handed over then the jobs are being passed over to Kitchen World (the public section of the business).
    Hope that nobody is adversly affected by this, just thought I'd let you all know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 greg70

hi

• Advertisement

Folks, nothing further on this please for the moment. I'm looking for clarification on property dealing here from the higher ups.

OK, I'm going to delete the last couple of posts. Greg, if you're looking to sell a house please post here or here, but not on this thread.

Thanks.

Down there yesterday evening and they are motoring along trying to get the place looking presentable for the launch on Saturday!
    They have blocked off the walkway totally now so there will be no tresspassing anymore, unless we can find another way in!
    They are almost finished with the footpaths and my driveway was almost complete, hoping they managed to finish it by the end of the day as with the forecast for the rest of the week, it doesn't look like there will be much opportunity to get work done!
    Excitment killing me now, can't concentrate in work at all!

I cant concentrate in work either! Probably wont be able to sleep tonight with the excitement or nerves! I'll be snagging bright an early tomorrow morning so I will let you all know how i get on.
    I wont be able to make drinks on friday night, but sure i'll see you all soon enough!:)

Ah Louise I'm delighted that your getting in to do it!! I'm jelous that I'm not doing it until Saturday, but needed to find a time that suited everyone!

I will be watching the thread all day tomorrow waiting to hear how you get on!

It's a pity that you won't be able to make it on Friday, but I'm sure that we'll have plently of opportunity to chat in the next few weeks!

Best of luck in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bazni

Just want to wish everyone that is snagging this week the best of luck and i hope all go's well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

Best wishes to all those heading to their houses over the next few days

Got my snag done this morning. No major problems, just few minor things! Surveyor couldnt check the sanitation/electrics as there was no connection.The site was very busy today, the apartments are being launched on saturday. Make sure you bring your wellies!! Got form with MPRN so that esb/gas can be connected.

lmd wrote: »
    Got my snag done this morning. No major problems, just few minor things! Surveyor couldnt check the sanitation/electrics as there was no connection.The site was very busy today, the apartments are being launched on saturday. Make sure you bring your wellies!! Got form with MPRN so that esb/gas can be connected.

Thats great you must be delighted!! Heading up and saturday for a look around and to measure for my house!

Thats great news with the snagging!! Going to head up myself on Saturday to measure up too so might see you there with your measuring tape!!

• Advertisement

Are you measuring your own house or showhouse? Id say it will be mad busy up there on saturday.

Only measuring the showhouse but it will give me some ideas. My brother is coming along as thats his specialty. He did say that even though it's the same type house that measurements can vary so to allow for this. i.e. measurements I take on sat may not be the exact same as when I measure my own house!!

Are we still meeting tonight??

We are still available to meet tonight.

How is everyone else looking?

Well done Louise on getting over the first hurdle of the snagging! hopefully the rest will go smoothly and we'll get the keys the week after next!

Just found out that we have something else to go to tonight but we are available to meet for an hour until about 9pm!

I probably wouldn't get there until nine as the other half isn't finishing work until 8!

Might be an idea to re schedule??

Yeah might be an idea! I am available tomorrow night but I am not available next weekend.
    Anyone else?

Can't do the friday of next week but maybe the saturday

What about this sunday? Next weekend is out for me.
    On another note, I seem to have trouble getting the gas connected. hopefully i dont confuse you all with this! It seems that the registered number that the site office gives you, to give to Bord Gais isnt recognised by them so they have to send someone out to have a look at a cost of €150, then you have to pay €115 connection fee!
    Does that seem right to all of you??
    Slightly confused!:cool:

We can do this Sunday!! Maybe Sunday evening?

• Advertisement

I am surprised about the Gas! I thought that it would be straighforward, as in just set up an account to direct debit to avoid the connection fee. I will ask John the site foreman tomorrow if I get a chance as it should be connected already, just need to be switched on.
    I can do Sunday evening, but Cian won't be around, but sure I can go on my own.

Just some information for getting connected:

http://www.esb.ie/main/energy_home/new_customer_overview.jsp

Overview of getting connected by the ESB as a new Customer.

http://www.bordgaisenergysupply.ie/htm/residential/2_become_customer/index.htm

Board Gais Gas Supply – Connection information

When i rang bord gais for the second time, they told me that in order to avoid the €400 security deposit I would have to set up direct debit mandate. but we still have to pay the €115 connection fee. I have not heard back from Ciara since this morning. She told me that 2 houses have been connected on the green so i was wondering if they had to pay the €150 for checking installation.

Hi all,

Went up to the showhouses on Satruday. Definitely not the madness that we all met when we bought ours but they were still busy.
    Measured up our house it was great to get to see the actual type we're buying!
    3 bed duplex are lovely but their gardens are overlooked by the apartment above, you'd definitely want to get on with your neighbours! :p

Wasn't massively impressed by the duplex's and apartments tbh as the bedroom size was quite 'comfy'!
    We went up and snagged on Saturday morning. They finished the front of the house lovely and the roads were cleaned while we were there which made a huge difference, doesn't have that building site feel about it!
    The snag is all cosmetic things such as paintwork and kitchen units damaged, nothing structural that will take time to sort, so hoping to get the keys next week.

Thats great Ghusk it's good to hear that it's only cosmetics that need sorting out, means you should have your keys in no time!

• Advertisement

Am heading to the site office this afternoon to drop the list in. Am hoping that all goes smoothly and that we get the keys next week. I have booked an appointment with the solicitor to sign the documents and he has requested the loan cheque so as long as the snagging is completed in a reasonable time we should be sorted pretty soon!
    Can't wait! Just need to get the gas and ESB sorted this week so that we can check them before handing over any money!

Thats good news Ghusk. I need to see if my surveyor has sent in the snag list yet. He did mention that he will have to check esb/gas connection before i pay. I cant believe it all happening now. The next few weeks will fly in. I dont think i will move in until the flooring is done. so hopefully by end sept/early october i will be in!

Was just ringing the ESB about getting connected and they said that it takes 2 weeks to get connected! I was also surprised at the address on the form that we were given by Manor Park to send in for connection as it lists the address as Clonee Co. Meath!? Anyone know whats the story with the address? I thought it was Hansfield Dublin 15!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

ghusk wrote: »
    I thought it was Hansfield Dublin 15!

The border is only meters away, the road at the roundabout for Clonee half the road is in Co. Meath!

I thought the same thing too! Bord Gais has it as ongar, dublin 15. Ive been putting down Hansfield Dublin 15 on all my forms. I think thats what was said on the brochure.
    Quick question, in the kitchen should there not be a door for the dishwasher unit? they only supplied door on fridge/freezer.

• Advertisement

Yes there should be a door for the dishwasher. I found our door for the dishwasher in the fridge freezer unit, so have a look the next time you are in the house.
    Just got onto bord gais and got the account set up with no problems. They are coming to fit the meter next monday, so have to find out from the site office if I have to be there myself or if they will let them in to do it. Bord Gais can't give a time they just said that they'd be there at some time between 9 and 5! If we have to be there for them then it means that we'll have to sit in the car waiting for them to arrive all day! Madness!!!!
    ESB takes 2 weeks to connect, which is a pain in the ass!

I just rang esb there, they are going out tomorrow to connect but will take 10 days for esb supply to set up account. they have the address as hansfield, even though form said clonee. Im going to ring Bord Gais again now to see if they mention this 150 charge.
    wish me luck!

Hiya lmd,
    Just wondering when did you send off your cert for the wiring? I only sent it yesterday as we only got it on Saturday, so just wondering how long it takes for them to recieve it so that I know when to ring to get them to connect. Need to get sorted asap so that we can make sure that the wiring and pipes in the house are all ok before we sign for the house!

Thanks

I sent off friday evening. They probably received it yesterday. they should have it today so. Ring tomorrow, if not they should have you set up by thurs. I rang bord gais, they never mentioned the 150 charge, they will come out monday too. they couldnt give me definite time. 8.30-5pm. someone has to be there. do you think that ciara or someone on site will let them in or are we going to have to take day off and wait!!

I don't know about the waiting, I've left a message with the site office to try and find out, so will let you know when I hear back. But sure if we do have to wait at least we can wait together!!! They must plan on doing them one after another (hopefully, but sure you know Ireland, they might send 2 seperate blokes!)

John just rang me there, he says that we dont need to be there for them to connect the gas, they can get the keys off them directly. saves me taking the time off.
    He just rang me there to say that he hasnt received the snag list, so now i have to chase the surveyor!

Thats a pain, as the surveyor should have sent it in as soon as he had it complete so that John could get to work on it asap!
    Paddy has the gas meter being fitted on Monday as well so it should be grand for the Gas company to fit them all at once!
    Great to hear that we don't have to take the time off as i want to keep my time off for getting the floors down and getting the furniture into the house!

Was onto the solicitor this morning so we are all set now to sign for the house on Wednesday afternoon! Hoping that we can get the keys by the end of next week so that we can get in over the weekend and start the painting and all the other things that we need to do before we officially move in!
    We plan to do second snag on Tuesday so hopefully that won't delay us as that is the only thing that is outstanding!
    Gas meter going in on Monday and ESB meter hopefully next week too (gave a sob story to ESB networks so they are going to try and rush it!). Hoping that everyone else is getting sorted. Good luck to those who are sigining / snagging soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AP85

hi all,
    jst thought i'd join, we bought on the avenue. its so exciting to hear that most of you's in the green are nearly finished ur snags cos that means were next to do ours.was there many things on the snag? anybody else on this bought on the avenue?? have any of yous got children we hv a 4 year old, i hope der's a few friends in the area for her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi AP85, it would be better if you'd refrain from using txt spk when posting as its not the done thing on boards, and not every one will know what you're saying.

However you are very welcome to boards.ie and in particular to the D15 forum, I hope you enjoy the info being shared in this thread.

Best of luck with your new home by the way, by the looks of it you should be in soon enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement