Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix - Film Recommendations *READ FIRST POST*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Just finished season.2. of "Peaky Blinders" and I can't recommend highly enough. Gangsters, corrupt policemen, pikeys and a lot more besides - set in post WW.1. Birmingham and London.

peaky-blinders-cast-590x900.jpg

Cillian Murphy, Annabelle Wallis and Sam Neill head up an excellent cast. 10/10

The good news is that season 3 is in production and due out in October.

My favourite show on TV since Breaking Bad ended, excellent. I find it shocking that it hasn't swept awards at the Baftas or Golden Globes, its that good. A Career best performance from Cillian Murphy, also Sam Neill
    Sadly killed off in season 2
    . Also special praise for Paul Anderson and Helen McCrory . Throw In Tom Hardy and Noah Taylor plus Paddy Considine for season 3. you can't beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

I watched the first episode of this last night, it grabbed me enough to give it a chance unlike most of his recent movies.

I'd recommend it. I've watched all 10 episodes and found it enjoyable although there were a lot of cringe moments!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched Ferris Bueller last night - I hadn't seen it for a long time.

It has aged surprisingly well (despite some dated tracks on the soundtrack/score). Still a very funny movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

Separate threads for film & TV
    Just finished season.2. of "Peaky Blinders" and I can't recommend highly enough. Gangsters, corrupt policemen, pikeys and a lot more besides - set in post WW.1. Birmingham and London.

If only they would upload it to Irish Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I watched the first episode of this last night, it grabbed me enough to give it a chance unlike most of his recent movies.

Really enjoying this so far.
    Not a huge fan of his films, so was surprised.
    I guess it's a bit slower moving and not as 'hey, need a joke now!' under pressure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Even better than that it's due out in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

garra wrote:
    Couldn't find it, even when "on holidays"

Did you find it ? - Line of duty ? .... and if so, what did you think ? ...... I finished it the other day and thought it was brilliant. Curious to know what others thought , and anyone with any recommendations of anything along the same lines ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Even better than that it's due out in April.

Really? Excellent :) my favourite show ever. I even enjoyed it more than BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Community seasons 1, 2 and 4 have returned to Irish Netflix

5 seasons there now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭tigger123

Just finishing The Detectorists here in Canada, MacKenzie Crook's latest show. Its excellent, very charming, well recommended.

• Advertisement

tigger123 wrote: »
    Just finishing The Detectorists here in Canada, MacKenzie Crook's latest show. Its excellent, very charming, well recommended.

both seasons are really good plus there's a christmas special shown last december on bbc3

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I'm two thirds through the first season and really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

cathalj wrote: »
    Did you find it ? - Line of duty ? .... and if so, what did you think ? ...... I finished it the other day and thought it was brilliant. Curious to know what others thought , and anyone with any recommendations of anything along the same lines ?

Yes, found it on Irish Netflix :pac:

Just about to watch last episode of season 2.
    Excellent production values, plotting, characters.. highly recommend it.

Would also like to know of similar series on Flix, it's this kind of thing I pay the subscription for.. anyone can download a blockbuster movie but these kind of lesser spotted jewels are too much hassle to find & downlaod in quality format.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭Corvo

Still not able to go on holidays and it is killing me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Just watched "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb".

First time I have watched it in many years. It's still as excellent comedy and thought-provoking movie with Peter Sellers playing 3 separate roles.

I just hope that Donald Trump hasn't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

maximus02 wrote: »
    Just watched "Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb".

First time I have watched it in many years. It's still as excellent comedy and thought-provoking movie with Peter Sellers playing 3 separate roles.

I just hope that Donald Trump hasn't seen it.

Thank you for reminding me, I've always wanted to watch this and spotted it on Netflix the other day. Will watch tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Kunkka wrote: »
    Thank you for reminding me, I've always wanted to watch this and spotted it on Netflix the other day. Will watch tonight :)
    If you don't enjoy it you're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola Company.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny added to all regions today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon: Sword of Destiny added to all regions today

Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

8-10 wrote: »
    Any good?

Terrible. I was complaining a few days ago that it was shot in English but it doesn't matter. It would have been sh*te in any language. I actually watched the first half with the audio set to Mandarin (dubbed) & the 2nd half of the film in English. Both were as bad as each other.
    Its boring, dour & has some of the worst cgi I've seen in a long time. Unlike the original there is no emotional connection at all.

I'm actually annoyed with myself for thinking there for a brief moment that a film by Yuen Woo Ping might be similar to a film made by Ang Lee.

My advise, watch the original on Blu-Ray instead.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Song of the Sea has been added to the Canadian catalogue, really brilliant film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

PWEI wrote: »

My advise, watch the original on Blu-Ray instead.

Or staying with Netflix, I think most viewers would be better (re)watching the delightful wuxia classic that is Come Drink With Me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Got an email that House of Cards season 4 to be added on Friday.

the batsh!it crazy 'noah' added to irish netflix today

• Registered Users Posts: 27 limerickgirl16

What's a good romcom people can recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

High Fidelity, brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Pretty in pink, about time, st.Elmos Fire, walk of shame,

• Registered Users Posts: 27 limerickgirl16

fin12 wrote: »
    Pretty in pink, about time, st.Elmos Fire, walk of shame,

Thank you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Punch Drunk Love is a kinda romcom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I know this isn't really a rom com it's more sad but it is a romantic film, The Best of me, nice film but really sad, James Marsden is in it, I watched it before it came on Netflix haven't watched it yet on Netflix cause I just found it so sad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement