Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Goddamn it..the lockring my uncle had was too big and I still can't get the cassette off :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

^^^
    giphy.gif

^^^
    giphy.gif

That is literally me. Wanted to use the wheels tomorrow for a spin but I can't get the cassette off :( RIP.

Is anyone near D4 (I know) that has a lockring removal tool..for a shimano cs4600? Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Zyzz wrote: »
    Is anyone near D4 (I know) that has a lockring removal tool..for a shimano cs4600? Lol

A bike shop will change a cassette for you...

• Advertisement

colm_gti wrote: »
    A bike shop will change a cassette for you...

I need it for 8am tmrw.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Buy a new bike, it's the only logical solution.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Buy a new bike, it's the only logical solution.

Just bought 2..logical excellence..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

colm_gti wrote: »
    Pfft, I drove the mazda from Ashbourne to Rosslare, then for 8 hours solid at 160km/h from Roscoff to Navvarenx last year, stayed for a week with plenty of driving around while we were there, the done the return journey. Think I clocked up 3500km in about a week...

A few years ago I drove my clio 172 through England to the chunnel, then from Calais to Paris, stayed there for a few nights, and back through the north of France with a few stop offs, to Cherbourg, and then from Rosslare to Dublin....fun times....

IMG_0112.jpg

PAPA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

NICOLE

estelle_skornik_photo_3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

el tel wrote: »
    NICOLE

estelle_skornik_photo_3.jpg

Who's your papa!!!!!!!!

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Not going to give anything away but that was some game of hurling.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Decided to try the Guinness Black Lager tonight, was not a good sign that my local off license had reduced it to 70c a bottle.
    Impressions, it is like drinking lidl sparkling water (nothing wrong with their water, just the fizz is very similar in my opinion) with a vary slight hint of a guinness sup as an aftertaste.
    Overall, I would pass the opportunity by if it arose again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

CramCycle wrote: »
    Decided to try the Guinness Black Lager tonight, was not a good sign that my local off license had reduced it to 70c a bottle.

I tried it in Belfast when it was "trialled" there and decided that there were 2 things wrong with it- Guinness and Lager. I gave it the black.

I have a spare free ticket for tomorrow's match in Tallaght if someone would like to join me. My girlfriend usually joins me but can't come.

I have a spare free ticket for tomorrow's match in Tallaght if someone would like to join me. My girlfriend usually joins me but can't come.

pfftch.jpg

Frankie Boyle..

fQnDjdH.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Would bright green saddle and bar tape on a silver and black commuter result in angry mobs pursuing me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Would bright green saddle and bar tape on a silver and black commuter result in angry mobs pursuing me?

It'd go well with the new boardsie kit so I think that's a get-out clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Short answer yes but with a green saddle they would never be fast enough to catch you so should be ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Some anti-cyclist sentiments being expressed in this thread over in the Dublin City Forum lads.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057050541

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Don't see much anti-cyclist sentiment there. Unless a posts have been deleted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Short answer yes but with a green saddle they would never be fast enough to catch you so should be ok

Picked up a white Charge Spoon with red details today so thinking red or red/white bartape now.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bobcranfret

Don't see much anti-cyclist sentiment there. Unless a posts have been deleted?

They seem to be a boring , sanctimonious bunch over there!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭detones

So what's the etiquette for someone who considers themself a "roadie" in terms of helping a Triathlete with a puncture at the side of the road. Pulled over to help a chap on a very fancy Tri Bike complete with sleeveless vest yesterday. Should I have left him and his pasty white arms in near Winter weather for dead?? Will others think less of me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

detones wrote: »
    So what's the etiquette for someone who considers themself a "roadie" in terms of helping a Triathlete with a puncture at the side of the road. Pulled over to help a chap on a very fancy Tri Bike complete with sleeveless vest yesterday. Should I have left him and his pasty white arms in near Winter weather for dead?? Will others think less of me now.

You should have tried to take advantage of his vunerability and try to convert him to our ways.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    You should have tried to take advantage of his vunerability and try to convert him to our ways.....

Ask him about seeing the suffering in various well known bike races, when he nods and then asks you the same question but with various triathlons in place of bike races, just say no, wouldn't want anyone to think you swing that way, less it make you unattractive to men or women of any type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

What was stopping him from running or swimming home?

So what's the etiquette for someone who considers themself a "roadie" in terms of helping a Triathlete with a puncture at the side of the road
    Did you draw his attention to Rule 42? That is the best help you could have provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i bought a new bike.

6103297093_c2854385ba.jpg

to make this slightly remotely cycling related, it will mean i can ride as an outrider at some cycling event or something.

edit - need to figure out how to carry the pushbike then ill be all like

ouulb.jpg

you need a faster picture

10-3-2007%252012-22-49_0308_2.JPG

Looks like ill be waiting for the faster picture :)

Well wear lenny. You'll have to save a bit of weight - dump the mudguards and kick stand! :)

What cc/power?
    Idleater wrote: »
    you need a faster picture

10-3-2007%252012-22-49_0308_2.JPG
    What's the story with the "eyelashes" on the lights?

its a 997cc v twin, about 120hp and 190 kgs. works out at an ftp of about 480 watts/kg.

purely a commuting tool, the car was just getting too much, 3 hrs per day. seriously eating in to my cycling time. This should halve my commute time.

What's the story with the "eyelashes" on the lights?

On track days you have to remove mirrors and tape over the speedometer for your own benefit and tape the glass for others' benefit should you end up on the tarmac.

Also, because the lights are always on, the photographer's camera can take better pictures without the lights shining at it.

• Advertisement

lennymc wrote: »
    its a 997cc v twin, about 120hp and 190 kgs. works out at an ftp of about 480 watts/kg.

purely a commuting tool, the car was just getting too much, 3 hrs per day. seriously eating in to my cycling time. This should halve my commute time.
    Plenty of poke there for commuting - seems too good for that purpose.
    Idleater wrote: »
    On track days you have to remove mirrors and tape over the speedometer for your own benefit and tape the glass for others' benefit should you end up on the tarmac.

Also, because the lights are always on, the photographer's camera can take better pictures without the lights shining at it.
    Ah - makes sense now. I didn't even notice the mirrors had been removed. :o

Plenty of poke there for commuting - seems too good for that purpose.

I used to commute on a hayabusa (170+hp) and after that a gsxr 1000 (180+ hp). To quote Jeremy Clarkson,
    "POOOOWWWWEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!"

Finish the sentence.

Last night commuting along the quays I see someone sat right on my back wheel. I don't like this cos if I brake hard they are gonna crash into me. I alowed down from maybe 35 kph to about 10, he still sat on my wheel. Eventually I pulled out in the lane (I was turning right) and as he went paat I explained that his tailgating was putting us both at risk. His reply confused me, as I didn't catch the end of it. "You should have thought of that before. ......."
    For the life of me i am unable to think of anything that would make sense in this situation. What should I have thought of before he cycled that close? I really dont know. Im thinking of of bringing a heavy mtb out of retirement just to brake check people.

Finish the sentence.

Last night commuting along the quays I see someone sat right on my back wheel. I don't like this cos if I brake hard they are gonna crash into me. I alowed down from maybe 35 kph to about 10, he still sat on my wheel. Eventually I pulled out in the lane (I was turning right) and as he went paat I explained that his tailgating was putting us both at risk. His reply confused me, as I didn't catch the end of it. "You should have thought of that before. ......."
    For the life of me i am unable to think of anything that would make sense in this situation. What should I have thought of before he cycled that close? I really dont know. Im thinking of of bringing a heavy mtb out of retirement just to brake check people.

Flick the elbow..or turn around and wave him on if you are uncomfortable with it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

"You should have thought of that before. ......."
    "...you developed such a lovely arse."

• Advertisement

Zyzz wrote: »
    Flick the elbow..or turn around and wave him on if you are uncomfortable with it..

this guy certainly wouldnt have known what a flicking elbow meant. I did look behind at him a couple of times, but even when i slowed down to 10kph he was sat on my wheel. It was only when I pulled out right that he went by me.

Where its appropriate i have no problem with people sitting on my wheel, but riding up the quays is not appropriate imho. If I have to brake suddenly to avoid whatever, he is going to go straight into the back off me. Really drives me mad.

"...you developed such a lovely arse."

nice of you to notice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

i bought a new bike.

6103297093_c2854385ba.jpg

Nice bike! But when are you going to upgrade it to integrated gear shifters on the handlebars? :)

It was proved to me beyond all reasonable doubt this morning that the commuter arsehole gene is a committed follower of homeopathy. The more rain you throw at it to dilute it, the stronger it becomes.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

"You should have thought of that before. ......."

.... you put mudguards on your bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

The funny part is this:
    Despite being equipped with a helmet and high-visibility jacket, one unfortunate commuter narrowly escaped being hit by a bus after failing to spot the vehicle before they entered a busy road in Dublin 4.

Because as we all know the magic hat and the magic cloak gets you out of situations like this.

I particularly like this slant, courtesy of The Independent:
    Despite being equipped with a helmet and high-visibility jacket, one unfortunate commuter narrowly escaped being hit by a bus after failing to spot the vehicle before they entered a busy road in Dublin 4.

The cyclist should obviously bring their helmet and high-visibility jacket back, clearly their expected "prevent one from riding oneself under a bus" properties are not working properly.

@AstraMonti, Hey! Get out of my head! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭hueylewis

That guy in the second video :confused: Seems to be in a world of his own. Encountered a guy on a bike do the same ahead of me one day; just calmly drifted out from the path onto the cycle lane in front of me without looking. You could read his intentions a mile away so I had slowed down for him, but some people just don't seem to appreciate the danger they're potentially putting themselves in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement