Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us what you bought?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

smash wrote: »
    I'd actually be interested to hear how it goes. On the range it might be ok but it doesn't look like the most comfortable thing to wearing when you're trekking around a course.

Been playing on a semi-regular basis for the past two years without ever breaking 100. i have a terrible OTT swing, no distance and terrible inconsistency and have had lessons, online training, all sorts of training aids to try to address the problems.

I have to say that although I have only had a couple of brief sessions with this new swing jacket, my ball striking with irons yesterday was a revelation to me. I put the jacket on for a few holes and after a few tops and fat shots, found a groove that seemed to make it feel as though I was hitting the ball solidly and with my hips/behind rather than with my hands/arms. Took off the jacket and the feeling stayed there for the rest of the holes I played. No great increase in distances but the swings felt smooth and in control. Nice change to hit a PW from 110 to about 4 ft for me.
    On the flip side, my driving was deplorable after using the jacket. Hitting it about 130yds and some leaking right!!! If people would be interested, I could do a review after a few rounds of use as it's too early to make any declarations on it's usefulness.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

No, keep it as just "what I bought" posts
    reviewrsi2set.jpg

I got fitted for these a while back. First time getting fitted. First brand new clubs I have ever bought. Always pick up secondhand clubs in golfstyle. In the bag since the weekend. Hopefully they can make some bit of a difference :D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

fearruanua wrote: »
    reviewrsi2set.jpg

I got fitted for these a while back. First time getting fitted. First brand new clubs I have ever bought. Always pick up secondhand clubs in golfstyle. In the bag since the weekend. Hopefully they can make some bit of a difference :D:D

If they are half as easy hit as the RSi1's then you'll enjoy them. Am flying it with mine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Was finished buying golf gear - but then my golf bag fell apart. Very disappointed with Mizuno Aerolite , fell apart at seams and zips. In fairness I carry a lot, as ready for all conditions where I play. I also seem to carry other peoples' stuff including 6 cans of Bullmers and a pint glass once - long story :D

I'd be a good lad to test products /golf bags.

Anyway - got this, as explained I played in all weather and carry a good bit of stuff - suppose to be waterproof with 5 year guarantee.

Has been a national drought since I got it.

BM5A301BLKCCOS-370_370.png

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

http://www.adverts.ie/irons/golf-clubs/7581503

Could anyone give their two cents on this set.
    Have been playing a couple of rounds a year for last 5 years but started to play a lot more of late and notice myself improving a lot. Not tearing it up or anything but a lot more consistent, very few wild shots and almost no mi****s. Working off a mixed bag of different bits and pieces that I came across/inherited.
    Would these be a good set to move up to or what do you think?
    I really enjoy golf lately, but know very little regards good makes or names?
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Something like these would be better - http://www.adverts.ie/drivers/nike-vs/7257588l

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

delaney001 wrote: »

Have been playing a couple of rounds a year for last 5 years but started to play a lot more of late and notice myself improving a lot. Not tearing it up or anything but a lot more consistent, very few wild shots and almost no mi****s. Working off a mixed bag of different bits and pieces that I came across/inherited.
    Cheers

Are you left handed? Seems the obvious question but worth checking.

PARlance wrote: »
    Are you left handed? Seems the obvious question but worth checking.

:D:D
    Sure am!!!

Keano wrote: »
    Something like these would be better - http://www.adverts.ie/drivers/nike-vs/7257588l

Thanks for linking that. Can I ask what they have over the others? I see in the comments the seller was willing to accept 50 for them, if they're a decent set, that seems great value?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Better quality clubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

:D:D
    Sure am!!!

I don't give lefties advice :)

I wouldn't be keen on that set you posted, seems a bit pricey for a petty old set.Plus the iron shafts are graphite too, generally reserved for the much older golfer (not that I know your age) with a slow swing.

Try golfbidder.co.uk for a look at clubs, they are reasonably price (second hand clubs) and all clubs come with a review which will help inform.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

+++++++++++++1 on the above comments

that set looks pure muck and way way way overpriced
    stay away from it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Cheers

Not great irons and graphite shafts - pretty old woods - not great value I wouldn't say.

PARlance wrote: »
    I don't give lefties advice :)

I wouldn't be keen on that set you posted, seems a bit pricey for a petty old set.Plus the iron shafts are graphite too, generally reserved for the much older golfer (not that I know your age) with a slow swing.

Try golfbidder.co.uk for a look at clubs, they are reasonably price (second hand clubs) and all clubs come with a review which will help inform.

Had never heard of golfbidder before. The reviews are very handy. Looks a safer route than guessing my way through adverts.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Got fitted by Mark at Carton House and just ordered a 915f and 915hd both with Rogue Black shafts in X-stiff. Can't wait to get hold of them, pretty much bag sorted now for the foreseeable future.......hopefully :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

I bought myself 15 luminous orange Dunlop balls to replace the 15 luminous yellow Dunlop balls I lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Bought both of these last week in McGuirks. Got fitted for the irons but all that had to be changed was putting thicker grips on. Finding the watch very helpful so far.

520x330.jpg

WT3-wristband-sideview_smalller.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

No, but create a "chat" thread for this one.
    Very hard to resists a sneaky golf purchase when on hols.... ~€50

$_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F[IMG][/img]

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Fell out of love with my old wedges so I decided to upgrade. Picked up a couple of Cleveland Rotex 2.0 wedges (52 and 58 degree) off adverts. A bargain as long as I can play with them. :D

AA.588rtx_2_tsw&mime=image%2Fjpeg&&originalname=rtxs2_thumb.jpg&geometry=250x250%3E

slave1 wrote: »

$_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F[IMG][/img]

Image fixed now I'm back home and with a PC...

$_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Bought myself a set of Mizuno JPX 850s. They were second hand but in very good condition. Still getting used to them and I find I'm blocking them a little bit so far, but when I hit them well they're absolutely lovely.

Got a set of mizuno mx23 today second hand. Collecting Saturday. Can't wait to give them a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Via adverts purchased a second hand Taylor Made R7 3 wood. Seems like a lovely club, nipped in to the golf club on my way home from collecting it late last night (almost dark!) and hit a few balls down the fairway. Will know how I fare with it better tonight when I go down a little earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Really like those, what are they called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Halpenny Golf are having a big sale this evening for anyone interested.

Boskowski wrote: »

Think they were Lunar 2, ditched the box at the shop....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Think they were Lunar 2, ditched the box at the shop....

mine are Nike lunar control 2 and that's definitely not what I have.

they could be Lunar Active 2

they look nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Boskowski wrote:

Quick Google search brought back Nike lunar ascend 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

smash wrote:
    Halpenny Golf are having a big sale this evening for anyone interested.

Are they any good those sales? Am on their texting list never availed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I got a pair of Adipower Boost shoes a few months ago and I'm very impressed with them. Easily the most comfortable golf shoes I've worn, had Ecco and Footjoy before these. I've worn then for 27 holes and all day at RCD for the Open this year my feet weren't tired or sore at all. I got the BOA version so they're a sinch to get in and out of - a lazy mans dream!

Advertisement