Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

tbh, there's nothing else in anyway decent on at that time on a sunday that isnt already going to be on a channel (la liga/golf etc)

Would imagine it'll stay on, but i've no inside info on it (currently on hols :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,625 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So seeing as the gamepass app was nuked at the start of July and despite claims that you can watch it on a tablet or phone I was unable to do so so hadn't been near it since early July.

So the weekend just gone I decided to see what it was like on a desktop and see what content is up there. I was suprised to see that americas game is up there, along with GMFB which is a show I like so will be good to be able to watch back. Total access is still there and archived. From what I could see they haven't removed any content on the NFL network side but definetely have added stuff. They haven't gotten rid completely of anything we had previously is probably more accurate.

The games still only have 2016 and red zone which was archived as well seems to not be there.I will say the desktop is far slicker than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I've been watching gamepass on my phone no problem through the mobile website since they put the app offline. What kind of phone have you got?

Jofspring wrote: »
    I've been watching gamepass on my phone no problem through the mobile website since they put the app offline. What kind of phone have you got?

iPhone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    I had a problem watching on my iPhone when using Chrome. However it plays ok on Safari. Don't know if that helps?

• Advertisement

Ya I watch on my iPhone. Don't use chrome so that might possibly be your problem alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Anyone having trouble adding a new debit card to your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Guffy

Is the new provider supported on the xbox platform this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Brian017

Yes to all three; the €159 seems to be the standard whether you have auto renew on or not.
    Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble adding a new debit card to your account?
    Had you paid with PayPal previously? Because if so, you'll have to set up a new account. Had that problem myself and that's what they told me
    Guffy wrote: »
    Is the new provider supported on the xbox platform this year?
    Yes from August 1st, along with support for iOS/AppleTV/Android. FireTV on Sept 1st with PS4 support coming "in season" whenever that may be

• Advertisement

Brian017 wrote: »
    Yes to all three; the €159 seems to be the standard whether you have auto renew on or not.

The auto renew price seems to be the price you paid last season. For example, I paid US$134.99 and that's what my auto-renew price is this year. Works out at around €118 with the exchange rate at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

Only the Sunday 6/9pm games are blacked out (they're not barred). TNF, SNF and MNF can be watched live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Brian017

The auto renew price seems to be the price you paid last season. For example, I paid US$134.99 and that's what my auto-renew price is this year. Works out at around €118 with the exchange rate at the moment.

I stand corrected :) I was quoted for 159 having it turned on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Is it just my imagination or is the ability to have multi games on at the same time gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Only the Sunday 6/9pm games are blacked out (they're not barred). TNF, SNF and MNF can be watched live.

If you turn on a VPN, they become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Lads, apologies for asking such a simple question, but it sounds a bit too good to be true.

€159 gets you every live NFL game all year (including pre-season?) except for 2 games a week?? Along with the other features?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

€159 gets you every live NFL game all year (including pre-season?) except for 2 games a week?? Along with the other features?

Pretty much.

Add in the fact that all games are saved for viewing when you want, and the condensed 30 minute version of those games.

I'd gladly pay 200 or more for it if required.

I'd gladly pay 200 or more for it if required.

Ssshhhhhh. Don't give them any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Many thanks.

That is insane value. I've gotten very interested in american football over the past year or so (even joined a team) and I have to say it's a breath of fresh air to see how they run things. They are a business and they seem to have no problem admitting as much. They revolve everything around the consumer, and couple that with the excitement of the sport and the competitiveness of the league, I can really only see it growing.
    I've become so disillusioned with soccer recently, it's a business masquerading as a sport and they seem so intent on portraying it as a community game when the reality is so far from the truth. Add to that the same teams competing for the major trophies every year, there's not much excitement until the business end of the season, until the cannon fodder are out of the way and the same teams are left, year in, year out.

Really looking forward to this year getting into a season for the first time properly. Any games I have watched in the past few years have been excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Gamepass is a great product and has completely changed the way I digest the sport. It's fantastic value.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I saw a few weeks ago that they are adding a feature to download to a mobile device. Is that happening? It's a major plus if true.

I saw a few weeks ago that they are adding a feature to download to a mobile device. Is that happening? It's a major plus if true.

You could download games last season but not on android which is what they have added.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    You could download games last season but not on android which is what they have added.

Is it just games you can download or can you download shows too, like Hard Knocks?

Is it just games you can download or can you download shows too, like Hard Knocks?

It was only games last season on iOS. I haven't seen the specifics of what is new this year. One thing I've noticed is that training camp live which they are doing during this time is up as an archived show which is encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Gamepass is a great product and has completely changed the way I digest the sport. It's fantastic value.

Couldn't agree more, it's brilliant.

Was just explaining the whole concept of NFL gamepass to my friends who are all 'soccer' fans and they agreed its definitely something people would love for the premier league. I'm finding it very hard to bring myself to paying 40e a month for sky sports... but not getting to see half the games which are on BT and Eir etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Aston Villa are bringing out their own one, £110 for 20-25 Championship games, whereas it's 256 NFL games for €160

It would be great to have it for the premier league but you'd would imagine it would be highly expensive. The premier league is 9 months with a lot more games to cover compared to 5 months for the NFL. The games are also all over the place time wise. There are a few different competitions to cover too like FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League.

THe packages would probably need to be broken down to specific teams but then you would have some teams with nobody buying their packages.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

infacteh wrote: »
    Aston Villa are bringing out their own one, £110 for 20-25 Championship games, whereas it's 256 NFL games for €160

but not for the UK/Ireland.

The issue as said is that the big teams will make a **** load of money, teams like Villa or Sunderland or Bournemouth will make peanuts, so there would need to be a revenue split like it's currently done with TV money. However once the big teams see how much they are bringing in vs how much they are getting they'll realise the deal doesnt make sense for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

but not for the UK/Ireland.

The issue as said is that the big teams will make a **** load of money, teams like Villa or Sunderland or Bournemouth will make peanuts, so there would need to be a revenue split like it's currently done with TV money. However once the big teams see how much they are bringing in vs how much they are getting they'll realise the deal doesnt make sense for them.

This might be on the way in the not too distant future. Most fans just want to watch their own teams play, a season pass that costs ~€200 would be snapped up; making a fortune for the big teams. 1m fans x €200...... the big teams would be licking their lips at that. Easy money.

Advertisement