Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Chomp down on a sweet while making eye contact. That'll learn him;)

I said I thought I wanted more but I felt sick after the last mouthful :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Perfect day gets more perfect.

Life finally threw me that break I've been waiting for.

*happy dances all round*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I found this
    Chocolate. Several placebo-controlled trials have shown that dark chocolate or cocoa reduces blood pressure in people with high or even high-normal blood pressure (6, 7). Dark chocolate also appears to increase insulin sensitivity and the skin's resistance to sunburn if eaten regularly, but that's for another post. All effects are probably related to chocolate's polyphenol content. I prefer plain toasted cocoa nibs because they don't encourage overeating, but dark chocolate (70+ percent cocoa mass) also works if you're able to include it in moderation as part of an overall healthy eating pattern. You may want to avoid eating chocolate in the evening because it can interfere with sleep.

Yay for chocolate!
    I actually have cocoa nibs in the press, I love them in a chili it needs to be slowly cooking for a while. I eat them on there own too

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Albection wrote: »
    Ok, so you definitely haven't kidnapped David Tennant and forced him to marry you in the TARDIS themed basement?

Just checking....

And the teapot is all manner of awesome btw! :D

Nah, don't fancy Tennant. But the TARDIS themed basement...
    That's really cool!

I thought it might be big rocket related... :p:o

I got that on the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I got books in the post today: Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed. *dances* Not available in Europe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

That Albanian entry on the Eurovision Semi was awful, she was screeching rather than singing IMO.

That Albanian entry on the Eurovision Semi was awful, she was screeching rather than singing IMO.

That would suggest that there are some that aren't! It's such a load of shite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I had been following this amazing blog by a British woman in her late 20s with breast cancer. She wrote about her diagnosis, her struggle with the disease, her treatment, and her wedding plans

I read all of Ellie's blog Susie Q...... Very sad. I didn't expect Tom's entry when I clicked open the May entry:(

Acoshla wrote: »

Lighten up, grumplor! :pac:

• Advertisement

That's why it's amazing! And you can play the eurovision drinking game- drink everytime there's a key change. Guaranteed to have you on your arse by the time it's halfway through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I had to cover my ears it was terrible

There's a girl on Channel 4 with 32KK boobs :eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I read all of Ellie's blog Susie Q...... Very sad. I didn't expect Tom's entry when I clicked open the May entry:(
    Very sad. That she never got to have her wedding is heartbreaking. :(:(

There's a K cup now???!! :eek:

Now there's men with their balls out, dear God, I'm trying to eat my pizza.

Israel oh dear!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    San Marino oh dear!!

Fixed :eek:

What the fcuk am I watching? :eek::confused:

The lyrics used to be Facebook oh oh oh

I just had a bit of a bust up with my friend!

She is staying with me for a few days and she knows im not that well at the moment! But all she keeps going on about is her ex even though she has been with her current boyfriend over 2 years. She keeps saying "oh i still love him, i dont know what to do but i still love my current one" This has been going on for a while and she is being an idiot!

She said it again today and i just said straight up "stop talking about him, it is doing my head in." so a small argument ensued and now she is gone on a walk!

she doesnt know how lucky she has it. She is beautiful and she has such a caring boyfriend and now she is tempted to play away from him and then torture herself over this and then tell me everything. She knows full well how i feel about cheating. I hate it with a passion.

I do feel a little bad but she needs to grow up. She doesnt know how lucky she is to have a boyfriend. She is gorgeous and could get anyone she wants but instead she is bitching and moaning about 2 guys and she doesnt know what to do! If she is thinking like that then she shouldnt have either!

Im not in her position, i dont have a boyfriend, i cant get any guy i want, i am by no means beautiful or good looking and by her going on and on about it it seriously depresses me! Im just really not happy at the moment and she is just being an absolute pain in the hole!

I just really need to sleep it off or something. In fairness i should not have snapped, but all she does is talk about this. I cant talk to her about what is depressing me she doesnt understand at all. She doesnt get that this sort of stuff depresses me to bits!!

Im just blehh!! :(
    I don't blame you for snapping to be honest.

She sounds very immature and selfish. If she's still not over her ex she should leave her current bf and let him find someone who will love him and not treat him like crap.
    When my bf and I were in London we went into La Senza and there was a stand with bras of E/F/G/H cups, the look on my bf's face when he saw them, all he said "holy crap" and a shocked face, bless him. :pac:

Ha my cousins finally proposed to his girlfriend of 17 years (after saying for years he'd never marry her) and within a week she had the dress bought and venue booked. Pretty sure she's not taking chances that he'll change his mind.

Edit: I have the same guitar as the denmark girl. Therefore I like her

Cyrpus nearly popped out of her dress!!

• Advertisement

Now there's men with their balls out, dear God, I'm trying to eat my pizza.
    Don't watch that when you're eating, ya crazy!! :pac:

The TV is on mute now as my mother is on the phone. :(

Though I do have Ben & Jerry's cookie dough beside me, hope it's softened a bit soon so I can have some.

The TV is on mute now as my mother is on the phone. :(

Though I do have Ben & Jerry's cookie dough beside me, hope it's softened a bit soon so I can have some.

I normally cave to putting it in the microwave- know I shouldn't, know it'll taste better if I leave it to go naturally. But I want it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Posy wrote: »

I had to put my t-shirt over my eyes for some of the stuff on tonight's! :D One person had something disgusting on his bum! I cringed and then pulled my shirt over my head to save my eyes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I can't eat ice-cream anymore, the pain I get in my teeth is unbearable:mad:

Is anyone watching Russia? I'm nearly crying with laughter

bubblefett wrote: »
    I normally cave to putting it in the microwave- know I shouldn't, know it'll taste better if I leave it to go naturally. But I want it now!
    Our microwave is broken :(

Just caught the end of the Grannies performance, must watch it on Youtube later.

Miaireland wrote: »
    I can't eat ice-cream anymore, the pain I get in my teeth is unbearable:mad:
    I was like that. Now I use sensitive toothpaste, sensitive mouthwash and sensitive toothbrush and now I can eat ice cream :)

Compared to a lot of them Russia wasn't bad!

I normally have the constitution of an ox, unshakable with gross things, but lots of balls wasn't good while munching pizza, especially when I was about 2 slices past happily full.

• Advertisement

Austria is crap.

As for the outfits those women are wearing......

Austria is crap.

As for the outfits those women are wearing......
    couldn't stop laughing at Austria
    The guy from Hungary was nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

G'wan the Jeds ;)

I love Jedward!

I normally have the constitution of an ox, unshakable with gross things, but lots of balls wasn't good while munching pizza, especially when I was about 2 slices past happily full.
    Hope it wasn't a meatball pizza. :eek:

Nearly choked on my coffee when I read that!

ewwwwwww
    I'm moving house tomorrow

Jedward were good, the song/music was nice :)
    :pac: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Good on Jedward! Hopefully they'll do well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

By far the funniest thing about tonight. :pac:

Russian grannies were gas! :D

Just seen the snippet replays, out of all of them Belgium and Ireland are the only decent ones.

By far the funniest thing about tonight. :pac:
    Have to watch this video tonight, hopefully soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I'm watching a recorded documentary about children in Great Ormond Street with Berlin Hearts - a mechanical device that acts as a heart until a suitable donor heart can be found. It's so sad :(

I want be an organ donor but I'm scared if I do anything about it I'll be tempting fate. I know it's daft, but I'm a daft person :P I will do it, just have to work up the ladyballs first!

EmilyO wrote: »
    I want be an organ donor but I'm scared if I do anything about it I'll be tempting fate. I know it's daft, but I'm a daft person :P I will do it, just have to work up the ladyballs first!
    I just have an organ donor card in my wallet and that's it. :)
    Not to be depressing, but it's important that your next of kin know that you want to be a donor... they are the ones who have to (God forbid) make the decision regardless if you have an organ donor card or not.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Having a very meh day.Just feeling crap about myself in general.Feel fat, ugly and useless.Ended up in tears for no reason earlier.

EmilyO, all you have to do is get a card from the IKA (can usually get them in chemists) sign it and get your next of kin to sign it.There's also a place to sign on your licence.TBH it's more about your family knowing your wishes.I've had an organ doner card since I was 16 (9years)

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »
    Having a very meh day.Just feeling crap about myself in general.Feel fat, ugly and useless.Ended up in tears for no reason earlier.

I'm the same today Daisies, didn't cry but feel like a big fat lazy lump, and feeling very sorry for myself!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I'm the same today Daisies, didn't cry but feel like a big fat lazy lump, and feeling very sorry for myself!

Thanks for that.Nice to feel like I'm not the only one.Gonna have an early night and view tomorrow as a new day.Fresh start etc etc

*hugs*
    Hate that feeling.
    You looked deadly on Friday though, far far far from fat or ugly

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Avox wrote: »
    That's amazing, well done! Is it in the UK? I didn't realise teaching programmes here could be used so easily in the UK!

Yeah, they think that the Irish teachers are better qualified because they have two subjects rather than one. Teaching the lesson is part of the interview, so we'll see how things go tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Have fell out with a family the we use to mind kids for. I use to bring one of there young lads to match for the local club even brought him to a match in dublin one sunday out of my pocket never given money for anything. They turned around out of the blue and say they are taking the kids away and I have issue. Given them nine years.

They ask today for a jigsaw that we where told to keep that they want it back. Have no problem with that. So I ask for a drill back they we got in new york for the husband they has never been used still in the package.

Am I been childish asking for it back.

They rang there giving out not to be telling there family that we missed the kids etc. Have not seen any of there family at all or even around the place.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement