Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC - April 14th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

And if it's anything like GTA4, we're all screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Supposedly, members of the team that worked on the MP3 PC port are some of the guys working on V's PC port.
    That at least gives me quiet optimism :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

sheehy83 wrote: »
    GTAV for PC pushes Los Santos and Blaine County to even greater levels of detail, running at 1080p and 60fps with up to 4K resolution and support for up to triple monitor configurations, as well as NVidia 3D Vision for up to triple monitor setups.
    It's a bit weird they highlight the fact it will run at 60fps isn't it? Surely it will run as fast as your PC can run it depending on your hardware. Are they saying it won't run above 60fps? That would mean it won't be able to run on the oculus rift.
    the_syco wrote: »
    It'll be broken anyway. It's broken at the moment on the consoles.
    Maybe this time it will run poorly on consoles and perfectly on PC. Rockstar had to make GTA V for two completely new consoles whereas for PC they're essentially making it for the same machine as the last game, no new tricks needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pre-order from Rockstar website for bonus in game money and another rockstar game.

http://www.rockstarwarehouse.com/store/tk2rstar/en_GB/custom/pbPage.GTAVPCDownload/Currency.GBP

I tried selecting add to cart but it won't let me unless I select a free game but there's no free games to select. Would buying it there mean it wouldn't go into my steam library?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

ScumLord wrote: »
    I tried selecting add to cart but it won't let me unless I select a free game but there's no free games to select. Would buying it there mean it wouldn't go into my steam library?

http://www.rockstarwarehouse.com/store/tk2rstar/en_IE/custom/pbPage.GTAVPCDownload
    Try this.

delly wrote: »
    I guess I'm more of a rockstar fanboy than I thought, I have all those bar manhunt and midnight club 2. There's not really much of an incentive for me to jump the gun and buy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Where does this leave the red dead port? It was believed that would come out in March of this year.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/42134/20141003/red-dead-redemption-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

For shame, I haven't played a GTA game since Vice City!!! Really looking forward to this though - hope to have a new pc built by then.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Steam pre-order message popped up earlier - €60 and you get $1m in-game currency (split 50:50 between story and online like the consoles). If you order before Feb 1st, you get an additional $300k for online and a copy of San Andreas.

• Advertisement

I know it's delayed for ya pc folks but feel free to sign up to the Boards GTA Online crew in the mean time. Currently on 492 members, little prize give away when we hit 500.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Shiminay wrote: »
    Steam pre-order message popped up earlier - €60 and you get $1m in-game currency (split 50:50 between story and online like the consoles). If you order before Feb 1st, you get an additional $300k for online and a copy of San Andreas.
    So, same dealyo as Rockstar, except they pick the game for ye? Hrm.

Actually, the only games that RockStar let you pick I've either gotten by now, or have no interest in it. May go with Steam, if for no other reason than it allows me to be lazy and have it download the patches automatically whilst I'm in work. The pre-load thing also appeals to me.

Why are people pre-ordering if the reward is so low and why pay €60 when it's about €45 on Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,876 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Free game and extra online money and downloadable.

I don't mind paying the small extra since if I order it from Amazon it will take 5 days to get to me

tuxy wrote: »
    Why are people pre-ordering if the reward is so low and why pay €60 when it's about €45 on Amazon?
    For the pre-load. I ain't waiting a day longer to play it! :)

Prize draw now open for Boards-ie crew members to win a copy of the official GTA V guide book. Check the thread below for details.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93908712#post93908712

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Wonder how optimised it will be this time. IV was a disaster for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well pre-ordered GTA V even though played it already on xbox. Also got San Andreas for PC cannot believe how good the graphics are on PC but I did install a graphics mod. Played a few missions and I remember why it is my most favourite game ever.

Shiminay wrote: »
    Does anyone remember if any shops did better deals closer to the release date for IV? I'll be buying it, but want a decent deal.

jonny666 wrote: »
    Wonder how optimised it will be this time. IV was a disaster for ages

If enough people preorder rockstar won't care :)

• Advertisement

Delayed til April 14th
    GTAV for PC
    GTAV for PC will be arriving on April 14th at retail and as a digital download. Our apologies to PC gamers worldwide who have been counting down the days until the launch of the game, but a bit more time is needed to ensure that the game is as polished as possible, and to make certain that both Heists and the GTA Online experience are ready to roll out on day one for PC. As a gesture of thanks for your understanding, we will grant anyone who has pre-ordered the game an additional $200,000 in-game cash for use in GTA Online.
    As always, we ask for the GTA PC community’s understanding and assistance in helping to report any concerns during the early days of launch when those inevitable initial teething issues arise on the new platform. If you do experience issues please visit Rockstar Games Support and send feedback to GTAOnline@rockstargames.com – we’ll be closely monitoring the situation and addressing any hitches as quickly as we can.
    The PC version of Grand Theft Auto V is our most graphically and technically advanced version yet, fully optimized to support a broad range of current hardware (system specifications) and features a host of PC-specific enhancements including greater levels of detail, deep configuration options and ultra-high-definition support – as well as the powerful new Rockstar Editor for recording, staging and editing original custom videos.
    We thank GTA players worldwide for their patience in awaiting these big game updates and we are excited to bring both Heists and GTAV for PC to you very soon. Please stay tuned for lots more information in the weeks ahead and for now, check out some new screens showing action from Heists.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

April 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Cant say I am surprised but I wish they would give me something for all my troubles after purchasing 3 copies of the game and having to deal with no online play or being on my own online :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This had better be near bug free after so many bloody delays.

When I first seen the 14th, I thought they had moved it forward to March 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

They just moved it from my two weeks off to college, to right before my exams.

I've played it through on Xbox already, but haven't used any of the online features. Can't wait.

errlloyd wrote: »
    They just moved it from my two weeks off to college, to right before my exams.

I've played it through on Xbox already, but haven't used any of the online features. Can't wait.

Your like me. I played it on xbox 360 as well, and can't wait to play it online on PC for better graphics. I did play it online on the first Christmas it came out. They changed it so there was snow every where and it was quite buggy at the time as well, so I didn't play it that much.

Clever. If they have timed this release correctly many people will have 3 copies of this game.

When I first seen the 14th, I thought they had moved it forward to March 14th.
    Weird. When I saw April the 14th, I thought of April the 1st.

=-=

On the plus side, I'll have more cash to spare after I get the SSD (as opposed to SSD + GTA V), so April won't be knocking as hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

tuxy wrote: »
    Clever. If they have timed this release correctly many people will have 3 copies of this game.

I actually have 3 copies of the game.
    360, PS3 and XBO

Advertisement