Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quad core android box 2gb ram

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

If its XBMC you want to populate it with, then heres some videos that'll get you started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQy2Zu4kqZA

God bless you,I was having problems setting it up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Snowc wrote: »
    God bless you,I was having problems setting it up too.

No problem, I'm weighing up my options as to whether I'll buy a box or set up a PC as a media centre, so I've a spare laptop that I've installed XBMC on and I'm using those sort of videos to find my way about it.Either way, should I get a box, or not, I'll have some idea where to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Can someone please check if they can connect to a VPN on this box for me?

I've tried several now but none will connect, Cyberghost and a bunch of free ones. I don't get it, they all work fine on my android tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

doxy wrote: »
    Can someone please check if they can connect to a VPN on this box for me?

I've tried several now but none will connect, Cyberghost and a bunch of free ones. I don't get it, they all work fine on my android tablet.

I won't be home to try until Sunday but I'll check it if no one has gotten back to you by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Bought one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FULLY-PRELOADED-NEW-Android-Quad-Core-2g-ram-Smart-TV-Box-XBMC-TV-CLOUD-/251630331044?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item3a965624a4

I think he delivers to the free state, I got mine delivered to the north, 58 Euro delivered. Good box runs everything very nicely, XBMC etc... fully loaded with most apps, a few missing but easily sought out. Will test it out properly over the weekend, I hooked it up to a standard wireless keyboard and mouse, worked perfect, even power button on the keyboard can switch on and off the box, volume knob etc works, wasn't the case on my MX5.

I also us a Rasberry PI with OpenElec image, and a Bluetimes MX5 to stream from a NAS to different TV's, the MX5 is streaming Netflix's too, would say the Quad core is best so far, the PI can get a little hot. Of course it's a few weeks when the device gets loaded with more "stuff" that it will have to do more heavy lifting.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

Blankety wrote: »
    Bought one of these.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FULLY-PRELOADED-NEW-Android-Quad-Core-2g-ram-Smart-TV-Box-XBMC-TV-CLOUD-/251630331044?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item3a965624a4

I think he delivers to the free state, I got mine delivered to the north, 58 Euro delivered. Good box runs everything very nicely, XBMC etc... fully loaded with most apps, a few missing but easily sought out. Will test it out properly over the weekend, I hooked it up to a standard wireless keyboard and mouse, worked perfect, even power button on the keyboard can switch on and off the box, volume knob etc works, wasn't the case on my MX5.

I also us a Rasberry PI with OpenElec image, and a Bluetimes MX5 to stream from a NAS to different TV's, the MX5 is streaming Netflix's too, would say the Quad core is best so far, the PI can get a little hot. Of course it's a few weeks when the device gets loaded with more "stuff" that it will have to do more heavy lifting.

you can power it on wirelessly from a keyboard?

you can't power it on from the remote anyhow

Bought one of these.

Hard to figure that seller out, this ad suggests he's selling the same box for about €35 delivered.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251630603181

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

That's in an auction, it'll probably sell for more than that. Check it in 4 hours when auction ended.

I don't have batteries for the remote, typically they are crap - not worth putting batteries into, weren't supplied either.

I can power off the box using the sleep button on the keyboard, pressing the on button on the keyboard starts it back up again at the exact place in the stream where the unit was put in sleep, on the Vevo music streaming app in anycase.

toby2111 wrote: »
    That's in an auction, it'll probably sell for more than that. Check it in 4 hours when auction ended.

Yep it's an auction, mine ended up costing £45, better bidding on Monday morning in auctions when weekend cheer has wore off.
    They range from £40 to £60, as his feedback on this product gets better the auctions will finish in the higher end of the range....still he sells about 4 per day so if you are patient then there is a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hard to figure that seller out, this ad suggests he's selling the same box for about €35 delivered.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251630603181

Ah right, when I saw the sellers name I assumed he was an ebay shop.

Ah right, when I saw the sellers name I assumed he was an ebay shop.

The box comes with an "SR 13" logo on it, factory placed I'd say, doesn't look like a home botch job. Also the wee green android man has SR Technology on his muscles in the boot up screen... that's not so professional.
    What I liked about it, it came already loaded up, everything just there, no need to even sign into google unless you are going to check email or download from google play etc.... I am always a little nervous on the streaming front, less tracks the better, not that I would do anything illegal :eek:.

So I am assuming SR Technology 13 is the company name of the seller, possibly a developer looking to start up. By the way I have no dealing or even know this guy, only sharing my experience.

By the way, I found the picture on the front of the box hilarious... who reading this thread is falling in to the target market?

Man drinking a "tinnie", kids and wife on the fast food, noodles seem to flow out of one kids ear or being pushed in...plastic cups...

[IMG][/img]20140829_201236_zpsf1000617.jpg

The box comes with an "SR 13" logo on it, factory placed I'd say, doesn't look like a home botch job. Also the wee green android man has SR Technology on his muscles in the boot up screen... that's not so professional.
    What I liked about it, it came already loaded up, everything just there, no need to even sign into google unless you are going to check email or download from google play etc.... I am always a little nervous on the streaming front, less tracks the better, not that I would do anything illegal :eek:.

So I am assuming SR Technology 13 is the company name of the seller, possibly a developer looking to start up. By the way I have no dealing or even know this guy, only sharing my experience.

By the way, I found the picture on the front of the box hilarious... who reading this thread is falling in to the target market?

Man drinking a "tinnie", kids and wife on the fast food, noodles seem to flow out of one kids ear or being pushed in...plastic cups...

[IMG][/img]20140829_201236_zpsf1000617.jpg

Interesting about the Box printing, I was at the connolly end of Talbot st a few weeks ago, and spotted a new shop selling stuff, Gadget or something I think its called, any way I spoke to the guy there, he was selling one of these boxes, I'm not sure of the exact spec, or if it was the same as yours, but the housing etc was the same and it had the 3188T chipset also. He pointed to the side of the box and said have a look at our website, it'll be live soon, The website was www.androidtv.ie I think, and that was printed on the box too, not a stick on label or bodge job. Obviously the Manufacturers/Main disties offer that service for their customers.

He was offering it for €130, including one of those games console type keyboards.

I'm toying with getting the X8-H, I'm wondering how these compare to that, for €50/60 I'm tempted by this one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Whats the best Media player for the RK3188T Chip?
    I have xbmc but looking for a media player that works well with another streaming app I have :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

dave_t wrote: »
    I won't be home to try until Sunday but I'll check it if no one has gotten back to you by then.

Did you get a chance to check it out? Or did anyone else get their box working with a VPN app?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

i bought this and set it up and everything is working as intended.

I have it set to 1080p but when i go into XBMC it seems to be locked at 1280x720.

Has anyone been able to get full HD out of this box in XBMC?

Did you get a chance to check it out? Or did anyone else get their box working with a VPN app?

Not had the chance to yet. I'll give it a try when I get a chance.

Ravenholm wrote: »
    i bought this and set it up and everything is working as intended.

I have it set to 1080p but when i go into XBMC it seems to be locked at 1280x720.

Has anyone been able to get full HD out of this box in XBMC?

I also have this problem. I'm led to believe it has something to do with the firmware being 720p even though it says it's 1080p. I haven't been able to find a 1080p firmware yet though.

Hi, I finally got around to checking this out. I got a VPN subscription earlier and tried it and it worked first time. What problems are you having?

Edit: Mine is 4.4.2 and using Cyberghost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

micks wrote: »
    received mine today - i'll be getting 2 more :D

no complaints so far

comes with XBMC installed and options to install everything else I've needed

cheers OP

:D

Good man

Hows this wee box running for you now, Might invest?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

I'm toying with getting the X8-H, I'm wondering how these compare to that, for €50/60 I'm tempted by this one though.

Spend a bit more and get the a new one on the market

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Tronsmart-Draco-AW80-Meta-Allwinner-A80-Octa-Core-Android-4-4-Mini-TV-Box-2G-16G-2-4G-5G-WIFI-802-11AC-H-265-Bluetooth-SATA-OTA-DLNA-336152.html

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Gman1987

Ordered via this seller on Aug 14 and got delivered to parcel motel today!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F6W3GTO/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

however the fly mouse was not with the unit. I have emailed the seller and waiting to hear back to see what the story is. Maybe the shipped it separately but this would cost an extra 3.90 as it goes to parcel motel again. the stock remote is rubbish!

Did you receive the fly remote after? How do you find this box, I am thinking of buying one

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Knockieranlady

Is it worth paying the extra for the latest model on the site mentioned in Digital Society's post?

Getting the tech version of penis envy looking at that, I'm seeing A80, Octacore, 4GB and 32GB and thinking I want that!!

Though Tronsmart are as "legit" as Minix etc, I'm wondering what teething issues this may have, and looking at it being released at the end of Nov and the 3/4 weeks it may take for this to get here from china, It'd be after Xmas when I'd get it. and xmas would be the ideal time to play around with this.

Is it worth paying the extra for the latest model on the site mentioned in Digital Society's post?

Problem with these boxes is people arent aware of whats capable with them. If people realised how much use they would get out of them over the course of maybe 2-3 years they wouldnt hesitate for a second to buy a good brand name powerful box.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭skydish79

Problem with these boxes is people arent aware of whats capable with them. If people realised how much use they would get out of them over the course of maybe 2-3 years they wouldnt hesitate for a second to buy a good brand name powerful box.

Any recommendations?

skydish79 wrote: »
    Any recommendations?

Showbox, Mobdro, PopCornTime and the mother of all apps XBMC with SportsDevil and other plugins.

You wont find any in the Play Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelynchs

Have to say being a "newbie" to both media box's and XBMC I'm really learning alot from this thread so thanks Boardsies.....I had problems with add-ons, repositories etc had to do a reinstall at one stage, but i found a nut job on youtube ( JoeNobody010101 ) you have to see this dude, anyway, theres an addon -TotalXBMC and it cointains within it, EVERY add-on. So no more googling, youtubing etc or separate installs, it does it all for you with one click. Never came across it before ( apologies to those this is old news too )Hope this helps !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Showbox, Mobdro, PopCornTime and the mother of all apps XBMC with SportsDevil and other plugins.

You wont find any in the Play Store.

Have heard bad reports about Mobdro, that it's full of spyware and adware. There is an app on Amazon
    but I haven't tried it. Show box and XBMC are brilliant providing you have the bandwidth, frustrating otherwise.

Advertisement