Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quad core android box 2gb ram

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Ive a logitech bluetooth keyboard + mouse all in one yoke - would this work with it?
    Yes the stock controller is actually pitiful.tho a normal mouse/wire less mouse works great with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

mcw92 wrote: »
    Where did you order from?

Euromart (UK Royal Mail Post)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I've found the wireless mouse by far the best way to use the box but you don't get the full range of functions (unless I'm doing something wrong).
    There is no right click function except back, no way to bring up a menu, no home button etc so don't dispose of the remote too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,130 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I just spec'd out a €300 HTPC machine and was about to pull the trigger.

I've gone through appletv2's, raspberry pi's, just about every option out there. I'd be interested to see how people get on with this longterm.

All the hardware I use seems fine at the start, but once you start building a library navigation tends to get **** slow, buffering loops begin and caches start to overflow.

This is the sort of bargain that I go for, promise of quality for a bargain price, but I'm yet to find an XBMC device that works for me flawlessly, and I've pretty much tried them all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

TheDoc wrote: »
    I just spec'd out a €300 HTPC machine and was about to pull the trigger.

I've gone through appletv2's, raspberry pi's, just about every option out there. I'd be interested to see how people get on with this longterm.

All the hardware I use seems fine at the start, but once you start building a library navigation tends to get **** slow, buffering loops begin and caches start to overflow.

This is the sort of bargain that I go for, promise of quality for a bargain price, but I'm yet to find an XBMC device that works for me flawlessly, and I've pretty much tried them all :(

I suppose you could apply that to all technology nowadays, remember the state of the art phone you bought five or six years ago for big bucks which is now lying a drawer somewhere?
    To me this is a cheap alternative to Netflix or Sky, if it lasts a year I'll still be quid's in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Marhay70 wrote: »
    To me this is a cheap alternative to Netflix or Sky, if it lasts a year I'll still be quid's in.

When you factor in the electriity saved versus a htpc with enough performance to beat it its probably paid for itself in a year and is basically free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Went for the MiniX NEO X8-H + M1 from http://www.futeko.com/products/MP053.php

I will let you know how i get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

Ive the MiniX NEO X8-H + M1 from Fuketo, excellent unit, and service from Fuketo

The M1 is a bit limited, but v usable

k123456 wrote: »
    Ive the MiniX NEO X8-H + M1 from Fuketo, excellent unit, and service from Fuketo

The M1 is a bit limited, but v usable

How is it limited?

is the m1 the mouse? You had me worried there. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

padair wrote: »
    Went for the MiniX NEO X8-H + M1 from http://www.futeko.com/products/MP053.php

I will let you know how i get on with it.

Nice one, I'd be interested to see how long it takes, and also what the setup is like on it when it arrives?

I've XBMC on a laptop at the moment, but I'm deliberating whether I get a bare bones box, or a fully loaded and warrantied one from a local source.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Can anyone pm me a link to a place where this box and it's features are discussed in detail.

Mine will be arriving over weekend.

Also is there a showbox plugin for xbmc?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

phobia2011 wrote: »

Also is there a showbox plugin for xbmc?

TIA

search youtube..... tutorial on how to load and use plus there is a link to a fileshare. That version was an Android app, you get the .apk file and install it, not aware of a XBMC plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Slipshaney wrote:
    Ive a logitech bluetooth keyboard + mouse all in one yoke - would this work with it?

my Logitech K400 works with my android box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Ordered via this seller on Aug 14 and got delivered to parcel motel today!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F6W3GTO/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

however the fly mouse was not with the unit. I have emailed the seller and waiting to hear back to see what the story is. Maybe the shipped it separately but this would cost an extra 3.90 as it goes to parcel motel again. the stock remote is rubbish!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00F6W3GTO/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

however the fly mouse was not with the unit. I have emailed the seller and waiting to hear back to see what the story is. Maybe the shipped it separately but this would cost an extra 3.90 as it goes to parcel motel again. the stock remote is rubbish!

If you have a wireless mouse handy that will work as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Is there any custom roms for this box??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

FYI ( taken from minix site )

*Please note that since the launch of Android 4.4 KitKat OS Google have dropped all support for Adobe Flash Player, therefore the NEO X8-H does not natively support Adobe Flash Player.
    **The built-in Screencast (Miracast) feature of the NEO X8-H is not compatible with Samsung or Sony devices, both brands are incompatible with MINIX media hubs.
    ***The NEO X8-H only supports standard definition Netflix. Netflix 1080p HD is not available on any MINIX NEO Series devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

dodzy wrote: »
    FYI ( taken from minix site )

*Please note that since the launch of Android 4.4 KitKat OS Google have dropped all support for Adobe Flash Player, therefore the NEO X8-H does not natively support Adobe Flash Player.
    **The built-in Screencast (Miracast) feature of the NEO X8-H is not compatible with Samsung or Sony devices, both brands are incompatible with MINIX media hubs.
    ***The NEO X8-H only supports standard definition Netflix. Netflix 1080p HD is not available on any MINIX NEO Series devices.

Flash was removed by adobe from the play store 24 months ago its hardly missed its a dead technology 800 million ios device users get along just fine without it. You can still download the last apk from adobe archive I use it Its installed here on my 4.4.4 and works fine in opera and dolphin.

The HD Netflix is a Netflix issue the app makes a whole raft of tests you won't get HD on any boot unlocked device (all of my devices), certain resolutions, DRM supportt etc. etc. If you want HD then chromecast is the cheapest solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

bazual wrote: »
    £43.99 including delivery from cheapest seller (comes from China)
    £46.50 delivered, fulfilled by Amazon.

Link Here

417a1n3Y8eL.jpg

Is this the latest one out and can it b used on any telly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Anyone know where I could get a replacement power cable for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

Anyone know where I could get a replacement power cable for this?

amazon.co.uk/Andget-Supply-Adaptor-Project-5-5x2-5mm/dp/B00JBZDI5E/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-1&keywords=ac+adapter+100-240v+50+60hz

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

i ordered another one for a friend and bought via this seller and had the same thing happen to me.had to email him to send the remote i plan on leaving him a bad review when i do get it.waiting about a week for the remote now to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭mcw92

Cheapest Option available, ~€46 delivered, comes from China.
    Comes with UK plug also(a lot of them come with a EU plug)

Took around 3 weeks delivered to my house. Would be quicker using PM I'd say though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

Has anyone managed to get cyberghost or another VPN working on this? The cyberghost app won't work for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

whats the crack with IP adress on these

do you have to go into settings and change it to static

i can't use the YATSE remote cos the IP changes all the time

didn't have this problem with the previous android box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

franman wrote: »
    Just pulled the trigger and ordered the box from Euromart .

Can anyone PM me links on how to set up the apps shown in the dreamboxireland video above

Cheers

Me too please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Hootanany wrote: »
    Me too please

If its XBMC you want to populate it with, then heres some videos that'll get you started:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQy2Zu4kqZA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭mcw92

whats the crack with IP adress on these

do you have to go into settings and change it to static

i can't use the YATSE remote cos the IP changes all the time

didn't have this problem with the previous android box

Yes static is the way to go.
    Otherwise upon reboot of the box or router the box will be renewed with a new ip address.

Which means you need to change it on yatse.

A static will keep the same ip on the box the whole time..... Hopefully anyways.:P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

mcw92 wrote: »
    Yes static is the way to go.
    Otherwise upon reboot of the box or router the box will be renewed with a new ip address.

Which means you need to change it on yatse.

A static will keep the same ip on the box the whole time..... Hopefully anyways.:P

Thanks

You'd think these boxes would have a sleep mode

Do you have to shutdown and manually press the power button on box to turn on or is there a better way of doing it

Advertisement