Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mastodon song. New album on the way

Options
  • 18-04-2014 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Here ya'll go. It's called "High Road"

New album is called Once More Around The Sun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Youtube link is banjaxed, listened to the song a few times yesterday, cool song, definitely going to buy Once More Around The Sun when it's released in 2 months time

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

so so good. Absolute monster of a riff. Really excited for the new album. They are on a run of 4 absolutely incredible albums so heres hoping it continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,159 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Really like the song. Class band, lets hope the form continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Not sure what to make of the song. Seems like a continuation of the stuff from The Hunter and really reminds me of Black Tongue, which may not be a bad thing. I'm looking forward to new album though, hopefully the production won't ruin it like it did on The Hunter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Not really for me.

Not a lot since Leviathan has been though.

The extended riffing between the two of the choruses is decent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

New song hasn't really clicked with me. Only listened to it twice but hoping the rest of the album has a few stronger tracks.

Really enjoyed the Hunter and they normally put out solid albums so not writing it off yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I loved High Road the first time I heard it, which is rare for me, usually takes a couple of listens to get into something.

Class chunky riff throughout, class bridges and mid-section, and quite a catchy chorus too!

Mastodon are in incredible shape from the looks of it, their albums are absolute treats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Sorry. Just checked back in, and saw that my link was banjaxed.

Looking forward to their album.

Anyone curious as to why some of them keep selling off their own stuff on ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

seachto7 wrote: »
    To make some money?? I realise how that sounds, but I don't mean for that seem like a smart answer. They're just trying to make a few extra bob I guess, nothing wrong with that.

Actually bought a Crack The Skye t-shirt directly off Bill Kelliher last summer, I just emailed him and he sent me on one. He sent it from his home address in Georgia and all.

Their Facebook is regularly filled with them selling off different bits and pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,159 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Stuff they don't need anymore I would say!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

First time listening to it,not that striking I must say..The chorus reminds me of some sort of generic 80s rock..Read an interview with one of the lads saying that the rest of the album would be continuing the simpler vein they mined on The Hunter. I much preferred Crack The Skye so I won't be holding out too much hope for it,would like to be proved otherwise. Either way it means they might tour Ireland next year so would be delighted to see them again after last year in the Academy

I have a crack the skye tshirt stored somewhere. :(

I was wondering if one of them had a drug habit that needed financing!

I suppose they wouldn't be loaded, so why have loads of gear stored at home. Just sell it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Odds and sods left over from tours and it's constant income too.

They're comfortable enough as metal musicians go but it's not really an avenue they could afford to turn down if they could logistically do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Have high expectations for the upcoming album though that song shouldn't be a portent of things to come. They're a band that have been evolving their sound through each release and it has been pretty fascinating to see a band like them enjoy mainstream success with high profile appearances on David Letterman etc. The Hunter was more palpable then previous releases but it's diversity in sound was just as abundant tbh so if the new album is anything similar to that I'll be more than satisfied with it.

On a side note, Troy Sanders has released an album with Killer Be Killed, (Max Cavalera, Greg Puciato, Dave Elitch).

I've only heard one song, and it doesn't blow me away, but could be worth exploring for sure...

It's no Cavalera Conspiracy, which, was one riff done over and over, but to great effect! I thought their second album was rubbish, but bought it for the bonus live dvd, which is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Killer Be Killed are complete ****. A perfect example of why super groups rarely work.

High Road is sounding decent enough and I'm interested to see what the new album brings to the table. Mastodon just keep exploring and expanding their sound so I'm not hoping for a return to roots or a Crack The Skye pt. 2 (as awesome as that would be) anytime soon. The Hunter had some really cool tracks.

Killer Be Killed are complete ****. A perfect example of why super groups rarely work.

High Road is sounding decent enough and I'm interested to see what the new album brings to the table. Mastodon just keep exploring and expanding their sound so I'm not hoping for a return to roots or a Crack The Skye pt. 2 (as awesome as that would be) anytime soon. The Hunter had some really cool tracks.

On reflection, you're right about Killer Be Killed. It could have been so much better....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mastodon released the album artwork & tracklisting for Once More Around The Sun today.

mastodononcemoreroundthesuncd-300x300.jpg

Once More 'Round The Sun tracklisting

1. ‘Tread Lightly’
    2. ‘The Motherload’
    3. ‘High Road’
    4. ‘Once More ‘Round The Sun’
    5. ‘Chimes At Midnight’
    6. ‘Asleep In The Deep’
    7. ‘Feast Your Eyes’
    8. ‘Aunt Lisa’
    9. ‘Ember City’
    10. ‘Halloween’
    11. ‘Diamond In The Witch House’

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

They also released a video for High Road

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

enjoyed it upon first listen and looking forward to unravelling it more. It's looking to beat The Hunter for me anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Passenger wrote: »

Itunes!!, no thanks those links never seem to work out for me and I despise the yolk anyway looks like I'll have to wait, but I've liked what I've heard so far.

Yeah, that link launches iTunes for me, brings me to the Mastodon page, but I can't seem to see where I can listen to the album. Anyone else having the same problem as me?

Anyway, is the physical launch here on Friday? I know that the release date is actually the 24th, but albums seem to be released here on the Friday before if a release date is during the week.

Yeah, that link launches iTunes for me, brings me to the Mastodon page, but I can't seem to see where I can listen to the album. Anyone else having the same problem as me?

Anyway, is the physical launch here on Friday? I know that the release date is actually the 24th, but albums seem to be released here on the Friday before if a release date is during the week.

When it launches click 'Listen Now' which is on the album art.

Can't see the "Listen to Now" option. Ah well, at this stage I can wait until I get a physical copy to listen to it.

It's out on Friday according to the poster on HMV. Can't wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

great album. Amazing how much better the vocals have become.

Bought it earlier, but getting through the Pinkpop set first. Some new songs in the setlist.

• Advertisement

I cannot find a physical copy of the album. Anyone around Cork manage to pick up a copy yet? I would prefer to buy it in a shop rather than wait for it to be delivered from Amazon.

Advertisement