Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bug Reports for the new Boards.ie Skin

Options

Comments

Posted this already on the Feedback thread, without realizing there was one here too -

Type: (Possible) Bug
    Issue: My Forums drop down not displaying correctly whatsoever

dropdown.jpg

I'm running Windows 7 and Google Chrome (most recent version)

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Alqua

Just today -
    Noticed that the list of forums at the top of the page isn't showing up for me at all - appears for a second when the page is loading and then disappears leaving only two options - Boards and Adverts. Possible bug?

This is what I see:
    2q1dhr5.jpg

Am on a mac and using safari. The new look as been working fine for me up until now. So maybe I am alone in this and it's a temporary thing(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

Hi, when you log in now you are taken to a new screen whereas before you could do it on the homepage and now when I do it I could returned to the home screen. Before it returned you to whatever page you were on and not automatically the homepage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hi, when you log in now you are taken to a new screen whereas before you could do it on the homepage and now when I do it I could returned to the home screen. Before it returned you to whatever page you were on and not automatically the homepage.

This issue will be resolved this evening or tomorrow.

Thanks,

Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Not sure if it should be classed as a bug - but one difference I have noted is how to use the multi-quote tool.

Say I want to quote 2 posts

Before: Select first multiquote post; then merely selected the quote button on the 2nd post.
    Now: Select first multiquote post; then select 2nd multipost quote and now finally select the quote button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Taltos wrote: »
    Not sure if it should be classed as a bug - but one difference I have noted is how to use the multi-quote tool.

Before: Select first multiquote post; then merely selected the quote button on the 2nd post.
    This method still works fine for me on the new skin

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Taltos wrote: »

Now: Select first multiquote post; then select 2nd multipost quote and now finally select the quote button.
    28064212 wrote: »
    This method still works fine for me on the new skin

And me, in fact I've just used it the very way Taltos described with no issues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Posted this already on the Feedback thread, without realizing there was one here too -

Type: (Possible) Bug
    Issue: My Forums drop down not displaying correctly whatsoever

dropdown.jpg

I'm running Windows 7 and Google Chrome (most recent version)

i get the above on Win7 running firefox, however to night's little bug is

F0D5B8EDD0FF45C09BB7FB7ECD1F1A24-0000322242-0002942285-00500L-9A62AE9C5CEC46B88EF6FDEFB22449F2.png

Also when i get a new PM it doesnt appear after my name ..

HOR..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Has the new skin died ? Nothing but text loading for me here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Has the new skin died ? Nothing but text loading for me here.

The Menu bar has disappeared off the old Beta skin too which I am assuming is related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

I'm getting no CSS data whatsoever it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

This is what I'm seeing at the moment. With chrome on ubuntu, same on firefox.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/554559/214576.png

Edit, un embedding image as it makes thing a lot more confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Same problem here, text only loading.

Tried on Chrome, Firefox and IE and all having same problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Who temporarily deleted the stylesheets? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Sorry a screwed up deployment there. We should be back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, sorry if that's the case.

Type: Bug

Issue: The new security question shouldn't postlink to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=12345 it should link to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=12345 (incidentally, I love the new stupid-tax security question format, cheers, should help a lot, in fact, I think spam is down significantly recently)

This is so that the 'When did User2 make this post' question, the user won't miss the top of User2's post due to either the top bar getting in the way, or more importantly, when they inevitably scrollup and down before full page load thereby making them miss the relevant post they need to check.

I don't think the Browser/OS/Res is important for this as it's not really about the design.

Oh, and well done on the new skin, great job :) I'll be converting to it tomorrow and I'm looking forward to the Black Cloud scheme #nostalgia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

Gordon wrote: »

Issue: The new security question shouldn't postlink to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=12345 it should link to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=12345 (incidentally, I love the new stupid-tax security question format, cheers, should help a lot, in fact, I think spam is down significantly recently)

This is so that the 'When did User2 make this post' question, the user won't miss the top of User2's post due to either the top bar getting in the way, or more importantly, when they inevitably scrollup and down before full page load thereby making them miss the relevant post they need to check.

I don't think the Browser/OS/Res is important for this as it's not really about the design.

Oh, and well done on the new skin, great job :) I'll be converting to it tomorrow and I'm looking forward to the Black Cloud scheme #nostalgia.

Thanks Gordon,

Will have this looked at the morning!

T.

Gordon wrote: »

Thanks Gordon. I'll take a look at that tomorrow. I haven't pulled any stats on how spam levels have changed since we moved to the new registration process, hopefully we'll at least bamboozle the really dumb vBulletin bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What date did the new registration come into place, the 17th?

Yup. Same day as we went default with the new skin.

• Advertisement

The number of people banned for spam has been almost halved over the 9 day period since the launch and the 9 days before that. I'm not sure of the stats on automated/stream spam though from looking at the data it appears to be down a fair bit too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Looking at Dav's post RE the new Terms & Privacy Policy there seems to be an issue with escaped text in thread titles where ampersands are displaying as & - its displaying that way in the thread list on the homepage, the breadcrumbs and above the first post in the thread.

214760.png

214761.png

214762.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭View

Don't know if this has been reported already but on an iPAD using Safari it was possible under the old version of Boards to login and post while a) in privacy mode and b) with cookies "switched off".

Under the new version, that is no longer possible and it is very annoying that is the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

I had an old user name but when the new site was set up -my password disappeared. I no longer operate the e mail account I used to set up the account. I have contacted customer service but they were of no help. I cant switch back to old view which might have allowed me to go back-it does not appear on my screen. I have effectively been thrown off this site.Please let me stay as locked out-unless you can tell me how I can undo this bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

hey guys is there any news on a dark theme for the new skin? i love the new one but switched back to cloud until the dark one is released

Lockedout wrote: »
    I had an old user name but when the new site was set up -my password disappeared. I no longer operate the e mail account I used to set up the account. I have contacted customer service but they were of no help. I cant switch back to old view which might have allowed me to go back-it does not appear on my screen. I have effectively been thrown off this site.Please let me stay as locked out-unless you can tell me how I can undo this bug.

If you don't know your password and no longer have access to the email address on the account we have no way of identifying you so there's nothing we can do to help.

If you're using google chrome and you have a saved password you can pull the password from the saved passwords database by clicking the wrench icon, going to settings, clicking "show advanced settings" and clicking "Manage saved passwords". If you're using another browser there is probably a similar way to do it I just don't know it off the top of my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

hey guys is there any news on a dark theme for the new skin? i love the new one but switched back to cloud until the dark one is released

Still currently in the design phase.
    Just have a few other projects that are being juggled at the moment, but it's not been forgotten.

I hope to have it sooner rather than later.

Will get some more info for you guys and give more concrete details in the next few days.

It's in progress. We're a little understaffed with summer holidays at the moment so it will probably be another couple of weeks. We will post an announcement when it's released.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

If you don't know your password and no longer have access to the email address on the account we have no way of identifying you so there's nothing we can do to help.

If you're using google chrome and you have a saved password you can pull the password from the saved passwords database by clicking the wrench icon, going to settings, clicking "show advanced settings" and clicking "Manage saved passwords". If you're using another browser there is probably a similar way to do it I just don't know it off the top of my head.

Unfortunately dont use goggle chrome so my former name RIP-manslaughter. I have no problem with new identity so long as you guys dont. My password was saved on old view which I cant access either . In my forums-it just says "loading" for about an hour.

If I was informed of my previous e mail-I would know my password for that account as I only use so many passwords. I just cant recall which one I was using . Must be one I dont use any more. Address gone out of my head.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately dont use goggle chrome so Flashgordon197 RIP-manslaughter. I have no problem with new identity so long as you guys dont. My password was saved on old view which I cant access either .

We don't have a problem, no. You're not alone, after the password wipe in January 2010 there were a good few users we couldn't reunite with their accounts.
    In my forums-it just says "loading" for about an hour.

What is your browser, browser version and operating system?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement