Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri-Color Custom Rifle Stock Suggestions?

Options
  • 18-08-2014 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever seen a rifle stock custom colored with the Irish tri-color? If so, please provide links.

I have a seen a few American tri-colors like the below, but am not to crazy about the pattern. I like the idea, just not exactly what is shown.

Thanks!

mcmillan-flame-stock-medium-blue-white-red.jpg?w=645

mcmillan-flame-stock-red-white-medium-blue.jpg?w=645

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

A timber laminate one might be nicer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Aqua Print did these recently

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Problem with the Irish flag is that depending on what side it's being viewed from you might be Irish or Ivorian:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Jonty wrote: »
    A timber laminate one might be nicer?
    Have to go with a custom color as the stock has already be choosen.
    Blay wrote: »
    Problem with the Irish flag is that depending on what side it's being viewed from you might be Irish or Ivorianpacman.gif
    Always keep the green close to your heart!
    homerhop wrote: »
    Thanks lad, that's spot on. I'll email the image to see if it is something that they can do. Although, I believe I am limited to three colors.

Any other suggestions? Please keep them coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

homerhop wrote: »

They are the business, excellent work.

Why not try the whole stock in Kelly green or emerald in high gloss, finely detailed with a Celtic design, in gold, as seen in traditional jewelry and contemporary tribal tattoos highlighted with the orange and white.
    Sometimes its the subtle details that portrays the message or theme best

• Advertisement

They are the business, excellent work.

Why not try the whole stock in Kelly green or emerald in high gloss, finely detailed with a Celtic design, in gold, as seen in traditional jewelry and contemporary tribal tattoos highlighted with the orange and white.
    Sometimes its the subtle details that portrays the message or theme best

The manufacturer gives a choice of colors, three at the most I believe. They do not do custom graphics. Although, I suppose they could be added later.

Just trying to get the most I can from the manufacturer as the stock is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Got you, I was thinking it was a custom paint job separate to stock manufacturing.

" Always keep the green close to your heart! ".........based on this, try the tri colours in an over spray. Starting at the fore end of the stock have a solid orange, 1/3 of the stock. A third of the way back on the orange the white begins to fade in becoming less transparent until 2/3 up the stock it to is solid. A third of the way up the white the green fades in until it is solid at butt. Effectively your seeing the green fading out over the white and the white over the orange. The lenght of each colour would shorten from but to fore end, green longest, orange shortest.

Any how just another idea.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭clivej

Friend got his Boyde EVO stock painted, air brushed, with Clint Eastwood and Geronimo.

Looks far, far better than the photo's.

318974.jpg

318975.jpg

318976.jpg

318977.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

My god that 10 22 is absolutely stunning,never seen that before.It is a work of art literally.Beautiful job to whoever painted that is a true craftsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Its a beautiful Job Clive, Was it expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Something to think about :)

So I bit the bullet and ordered the STC Intimidator. The price? Don't ask. Let's just say I am trying to forget the number as fast as possible before I change my mind! As you would expect from any McMillan, the price is considerable.

The lead-time is a while, good thing as I have to save up. You cannot just buy these off the shelf, 6-7 months notice! I'm in the wrong business!

Anyhow, I could not come up with a tri-color so I am thinking about getting the stock (for a Ruger 10/22) in the below pattern and color. A full long barrel Kidd Kit, with a Timney Trigger ;) will be sitting on the STC.

Not sure if I want the exact pattern here or the one shown below. Was thinking that the grip area will get dirty over time and maybe best to have that end black in color.

Ideas? Suggestions? Feedback?

FYI - If you are ever in the market for a McMillan and need want to brows a webSite for colors, have a look here.
    mcmillan-flame-stock-yellow-orange-black-1.jpg?w=700&h=

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The price is not that bad. I have/had a custom stock at over $1,300, an AICS at the same, a Robertson at $1,000, etc. So it's on the cheaper side of custom stocks.
    FISMA wrote: »
    Not sure if I want the exact pattern here or the one shown below.
    I prefer the darker colour at the foreend. No idea why just seems, right. However my taste doesn't matter a crap. It's you that needs to be happy. Which do you prefer?

Also have you consider buying a base stock and getting a custom painter to do it for you? Stuff like this:

picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15306

C33_Img2.jpg%20gun%20fall%20scene%20couple.jpg

C28_Img2.jpg%20gun%20fall%20pheasant1.jpg

DanSimpson_rifle_03.jpg

squirtstock2.jpg
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    I prefer the darker colour at the foreend.

I could go either way. However, the dark was is what I have on order. I have a little while to change my mind. Not sure "why", but like you, the darker color just looks right to me as well. Some kind of balance thing, in my opinion.
    Cass wrote: »
    Also have you consider buying a base stock and getting a custom painter to do it for you? Stuff like this:

The color is the secondary concern. The original "itch" was for a McMillan. I should probably be getting a McMillan for the 700, however, the 10/22 is getting new clothes this time around. Thinking about Eddie for the 700.

When you order the McMillan, at least the Intimidator, you get a choice of custom colors. The ones I liked the best were as shown. A bit flashy, but if you can shoot it, all's well.

Advertisement