Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Asphyxia wrote: »
    PM sent :D

great minds Asphyxia - that's my favourite ebay seller for all things polish related :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Vinta81 wrote: »
    "Sky High" is pretty similar too that.

The first on second row:

http://www.rimmellondon.com/uk/products/60-seconds-nail-polish/

Yeah i seen that but i think it looks like it has more green to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

wow I'm loving the finished effect but not sure I'd have the patience :rolleyes: anyone tried it?
    it is not fun :p i tried it a few times but it takes forever!!! plus you really have to practise it alot to get it perfect everytime. clean up is a pain the rear. both on the nails and cleaning the stuff you used to make the marbling mixture. its pretty but you'd want to have ebough time to dry it etc and use decent nail polish so it doesnt chip asap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Got this polish about 2yrs ago!!!! not sure if it's available here still, but is on Ebay.
    Really good finish last 3-4 days with topcoat which is a very long time for me :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Got this polish about 2yrs ago!!!! not sure if it's available here still, but is on Ebay.
    Really good finish last 3-4 days with topcoat which is a very long time for me :D:D

Have that colour to :D I picked up loads of them when i was in America they were only $1.50 in Walmart :D

• Advertisement

was going to go and do something productive...now i'm going to trawl ebay for that :rolleyes: its lovely!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I just got an email about the new Nails Inc. Summer collection and they are collaborating with Mr. Men and Little Miss :D:D

Here's the four limited addition polishes :D

Little Miss Sunshine - Peach shade
    LittleMissSunshine.jpg

Little Miss Chatterbox - Soft greige
    LittleMissChatterbox.jpg

Little Miss Naughty - Pastel purple
    LittleMissNaughty.jpg

Little Miss Splendid - Minty green
    LittleMissSplendid.jpg

Available from June 2011

I'm mad for the purple and minty green colours :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I just got an email about the new Nails Inc. Summer collection and they are collaborating with Mr. Men and Little Miss :D:D

Little Miss Sunshine - Peach shade
    LittleMissSunshine.jpg

Available from June 2011

I'd love that peach colour for a summery pedicure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Wearing Essence Multi Dimension XXXL Shine in 67 Just Shout

Formula is quite thick and takes ages to dry!! Good job I've nothing to do for a while! :rolleyes:

Loving this thread!! :D

**EDIT**

Can't seem to get pics to work! :mad: See them now?

photo118k.jpg

photo128b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

kateos2 wrote: »
    Gosh nail varnish were 2 for €12 in my local chemist so I decided to try them out, I assumed they'd be good. I was really disappointed in comparison to my usual Barry M nail varnishes. With one coat it looked crap, and ended up going really blotchy. I ended up needing to use 3 coats to get it looking decent. Hopefully it'll last well now.

The colour is 547, Blue Monday.

Yea gosh nail varnish isnt worth it at all, now they do have a very pretty rainbow glitter polish which i love for me toes, it tends to peel off though

• Advertisement

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Wearing Essence Multi Dimension XXXL Shine in 67 Just Shout

Formula is quite thick and takes ages to dry!! Good job I've nothing to do for a while! :rolleyes:

Without Flash

With Flash

Loving this thread!! :D
    i cant see any of your pictures :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

What happens when Princess Peach gets bored.

162662.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

musical.x wrote: »
    i cant see any of your pictures :(
    Same here.

I've got '17 wicked' on me atm and I am very impressed with it. I actually prefer it to my Chanel polishes. :eek:

It went on very easily, it has a thick brush which gives a nice even coat. The varnish itself is thick, but not too thick and not too watery.

I find with my Chanel polishes I have to give 4-5 coats to get an even coat, that said, the brushes with the Chanel polishes aren't as thick as this and my Chanel polishes are watery (Paparazzi and Rose Paradise are the only Chanel polishes that are thick).

This varnish has a slight sparkle to it (which I love)

Without flash

P6120002.jpg

With flash

P6120005.jpg

With flash - close up of the sparkle/glitter, you can see it is a blue-ish colour. The sparkle is only noticeable when you look closely.

P6120014.jpg

I love this colour. It's a rich, dark purpley black and my camera doesn't do it justice!

Without flash...
    5825308588_e06111303d_m.jpg

With flash...
    5824749405_63be2d2694_m.jpg

Close up...
    5825308220_afefd02a20_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Edited my post above. Can the pics be seen now? :)

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Edited my post above. Can the pics be seen now? :)
    yeah its perfect now! thanks :D

:D Some of my collection......

is one of the "17! bottles called "Sweet Kisses"? i love that colour polish! i've seen swatches but i never bought it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Sally Hansen - Wild Life

svlwsg.jpg

musical.x wrote: »
    is one of the "17! bottles called "Sweet Kisses"? i love that colour polish! i've seen swatches but i never bought it :(

The coral one at the top is, Pink Grapefruit
    The baby pink is, Fairy Cake
    The lilac one is, Parma Voilet
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Ooh! I love seeing people's nail polish collections! I might post a picture up but brace yourself I've got a lot, a couple of hundred last time I counted.

Ooh! I love seeing people's nail polish collections! I might post a picture up but brace yourself I've got a lot, a couple of hundred last time I counted.
    :eek: yeah seriously post a picture!!! cant wait to see that :D must be brutal trying to pick a polish to wear with a stash like that!

I binned loads months ago, tend to buy the same colour in every brand :rolleyes:
    Love all the corals and pinks

Has anyone tried the new Sally Hanson complete manicure was on Xpose last week, looks great......

http://www.sallyhansen.com/products/nails/nail-color/complete-salon-manicure%E2%84%A2

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

http://beaut.ie/blog/2011/sally-hansen-complete-salon-manicure-pictures-swatches/

The link above give a good insight into the Sally Hansen range. I cant find any stockists though....

Anyone know where I could get them in Dublin or Galway?

I know Boots and Pennys in Mary St stock basic Sally Hanson range, will check if this new one is included :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I got two lovely polishes the day before yesterday....by Catrice:

490 Iron Mermaiden - an odd colour reminds me of the colour of a bubble in the air....its greeny yellow and purple at the same time!

eq121d.jpg

380 Forget - Me - Not! My favourite of the two! :) Love purple and sparkles! <3 :cool: I can't get a proper picture to do it justice but I've had a few compliments in work about the colour! :)

34xnu2s.jpg

I got two lovely polishes the day before yesterday....by Catrice:

490 Iron Mermaiden reminds me of the colour of a bubble in the air :)
    thats the best description of a polish i've ever heard :D love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Brightening up the pooey day with Barry M 'Lemon Ice Cream' :)

4874667553_a760b0fd76.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Love that lemon colour tomissex!! I have the berry one and I love it!

Does anyone know where in Cork I can get Barry M nail paints. Got the berry one online.

• Advertisement

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    Love that lemon colour tomissex!! I have the berry one and I love it!

Does anyone know where in Cork I can get Barry M nail paints. Got the berry one online.

According to the Barry M website these are the official stockists in Cork.

The Powder Room
    New Street
    Banty County Cork
    Ireland South

Therapy For Girls
    Unit H2 Market Gree Shopping Centre
    Middleton County Cork
    Ireland South

I get mine in Boots so presuming there's a Boots in Cork you should try there too!

Advertisement