Wladimir Klitschko VS Jean-Marc Mormeck (3/3/12, Germany) - Page 12 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
05-03-2012, 14:58   #166
cowzerp
Registered User
 
cowzerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rush Fight Academy
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshb View Post
Tyson's era keeps getting brought up.

Ok, the top ten in his era, championship era IMO wipe the floor with what we have today. How anyone thinks otherwise baffles me. Look at the fighters today. Chisora, Povetkin, Huck, Helenius, Haye, Solis. These lads have no chance against Tucker, Bruno, Spinks, Holmes, Thomas, Dokes, Biggs, Whitespoon.
Tucker at 30-0-0 had only beat Douglas a man who was not rated by anyone in Boxing.
Bruno only beat Bugner before 1st Tyson fight and after that nobody till mccall
Spinks beat Holmes and Cooney at end of their careers and all his work was at Light heavy.
Holmes beat some names but was on his way out bad and after losing twice to light heavy spinks
Thomas beat nobody and had lost to Berbick
Dokes who is dokes?!
Biggs was only doing 10 rounders and hads not even seen a name, and his 1st real fight was Tyson on his 30th fight!!
Whiterspoon i assume you mean, Tyson was kept away from him and they never fought.
cowzerp is offline  
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 15:01   #167
walshb
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 19,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowzerp View Post
Tucker at 30-0-0 had only beat Douglas a man who was not rated by anyone in Boxing.
Bruno only beat Bugner before 1st Tyson fight and after that nobody till mccall
Spinks beat Holmes and Cooney at end of their careers and all his work was at Light heavy.
Holmes beat some names but was on his way out bad and after losing twice to light heavy spinks
Thomas beat nobody and had lost to Berbick
Dokes who is dokes?!
Biggs was only doing 10 rounders and hads not even seen a name, and his 1st real fight was Tyson on his 30th fight!!
Whiterspoon i assume you mean, Tyson was kept away from him and they never fought.

Paul, forgetting these records, do you think today's men are better boxers/fighters than the 80s men? Serioulsy, Povetkin? Solis? Helenius?

Whiterspoon was very good, but does not beat a peak Tyson. I think almost anyone would agree with this.
walshb is online now  
05-03-2012, 15:14   #168
cowzerp
Registered User
 
cowzerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rush Fight Academy
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshb View Post
Paul, forgetting these records, do you think today's men are better boxers/fighters than the 80s men? Serioulsy, Povetkin? Solis? Helenius?

Whiterspoon was very good, but does not beat a peak Tyson. I think almost anyone would agree with this.
it's irrelevant about witherspoon, they did not fight and makes it look worse for Tyson and many feel it was him been protected.

As i said earlier its much of a muchness-YOU are seriously overrating Tysons era which was poor and you give no reason for anyone to change their minds-it's just like now and most other Era's, what i will say is todays era is better than Marcianos and people have no problem overrating Marciano as a heavyweight all timer.

You might not like me saying this but todays lads not been on tele, is the reason your so blinkered and most of the 80's names would be unknowns if Tyson had not bashed them, have you ever even seen the 3 of todays you name Boxing? and if so how many times.
cowzerp is offline  
Thanks from:
05-03-2012, 15:24   #169
RiseToTheTop
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 937
Looking at the condition alone. Solis, Arreola, Chisora (who shouldn't be weighing in at 238lbs, more like 225lbs in tip top condition). These are top contenders but come in overweight. That is why I don't think they would do good in the 80's.

But look at Chiosra, Helenius, Tyson Fury who is rated #5 at HW now. They have a couple of good fights and are elevated to top contender status, that sholdn't happen. Chisora lost 2 of his past 3 fights before Vitali. Tyson Fury hasn't beaten anyone of note. (and i'm including a 260lb Chisora here.) Helenius has beaten no-one, nada, but is the top contender.
RiseToTheTop is offline  
05-03-2012, 15:30   #170
cowzerp
Registered User
 
cowzerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rush Fight Academy
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseToTheTop View Post
Looking at the condition alone. Solis, Arreola, Chisora (who shouldn't be weighing in at 238lbs, more like 225lbs in tip top condition). These are top contenders but come in overweight. That is why I don't think they would do good in the 80's.

But look at Chiosra, Helenius, Tyson Fury who is rated #5 at HW now. They have a couple of good fights and are elevated to top contender status, that sholdn't happen. Chisora lost 2 of his past 3 fights before Vitali. Tyson Fury hasn't beaten anyone of note. (and i'm including a 260lb Chisora here.)
We know Chisora is a dud at heavyweight.
Fury rated top 5 is pathetic even though he is unbeaten but he is not a top 5 boxer so that does not make all the rest below him worse-some politics here i guess and he probably will get 1 of the brothers next if this does not change, was not rated top 15 recently.
cowzerp is offline  
Advertisement
05-03-2012, 15:35   #171
RiseToTheTop
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 937
TBH i'd love for Vitali to knock Fury the f*** out. He arrived calling himself "Tyson", talks a lot. Hopefully he fights either brother soon instead of fightning these no names 3/4 times a year.
RiseToTheTop is offline  
05-03-2012, 19:45   #172
gene_tunney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,278
Tyson Fury is not a top 20 Heavyweight.
gene_tunney is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet