Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Barber in Limerick II

Options

Comments

Mc Love wrote: »
    Figaro's on Bedford Row - bit more expensive than a few of the other places but you get what you pay for!

:mad: oh there i went there once 18 euro i was charged for a tidy up was shocked no thanks lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

:mad: oh there i went there once 18 euro i was charged for a tidy up was shocked no thanks lol

Last time I was in there...€22...never again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Yes it is on the pricey side of barber prices.
    However there is a reason why the place is always jammers

someone recommend me a decent haircut for 10 euro i think that fair in town in limerick please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Ali's Barber, top of Thomas Street (opp. the funeral home). €10 Mon-Thurs.
    Or print off their voucher and get it for €7. ;)

Best cutter IMO is the fair-haired Polish lady in her mid-40s.

• Advertisement

peckerhead wrote: »

i used to go there all the time until my mother heard stories they werent clean but for a 10 euro ill give it a shot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

peckerhead wrote: »

She is good. Had my hair cut by a guy I presume is Ali himself and twas grand too.

No cleanliness issues I could see?
    It's like in the cheapest petrol thread where once a fortnight someone insinuates there's something not quite right about a particular station's petrol because it's a cent cheaper than somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭karlitob

Lads,

the best barber in Limerick is Stephen Hayes in Retro Man in Denmark Street. I travel all the way down from Dublin to get my hair cut by him. And he's great craic to chat to.

I've been to everyone in Limerick - he's the best. Great price too - €14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

karlitob wrote: »
    Lads,

the best barber in Limerick is Stephen Hayes in Retro Man in Denmark Street. I travel all the way down from Dublin just to get my hair cut by him. And he's great craic to chat to.

Quite possibly the most rediculous thing I've ever read!! What does he do for you that a dublin barber couildnt do??

alan1990 wrote: »
    Quite possibly the most rediculous thing I've ever read!! What does he do for you that a dublin barber couildnt do??

He cuts my hair the way I want, he charges a normal price for it, and he's great craic to chat to.

Naturally I don't come down to Limerick only to cut my hair - thats quite possibly the most ridiculous and stupidest thing I ever heard. Only an idiot could think that.

• Advertisement

Lads,

the best barber in Limerick is Stephen Hayes in Retro Man in Denmark Street. I travel all the way down from Dublin just to get my hair cut by him. And he's great craic to chat to.

He cuts my hair the way I want, he charges a normal price for it, and he's great craic to chat to.

Naturally I don't come down to Limerick only to cut my hair - thats quite possibly the most ridiculous and stupidest thing I ever heard. Only an idiot could think that.

:rolleyes:

Lads,

the best barber in Limerick is Stephen Hayes in Retro Man in Denmark Street. I travel all the way down from Dublin to get my hair cut by him. And he's great craic to chat to.

It seems like you added in your own embellishments.

Haha seriously mate!! I can see you edited the post at 23.56 (a full hour after you originally posted it) to remove the word "just" and then posted this at 23.57!!
    So no, I didn't add any of my own embellishments!!

Edit.... Also if you read post #100 where I quoted you, the "just" is in your original post!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I can see where you edited your earlier post too. Now, either you're trying to wind people up or you're just flat out lying. Don't post in this thread again.

was in ali today was great 10 euro great job by polish lady

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Mods, not trying to start anything but cannot resist posting this.

double_facepalm1.jpg

Back on topic, does anybody use modern man on Sarsfield street? Purely out of handiness I've alwasy gone to to them when I'm in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Can I ask is there anyone in particular in JC's that you guys recommend?

Himself normally goes to Figaro's but he usually just walks in on a Saturday and ends up with one of the women (as he never books the lads) and more often than not comes out with a not-so-great hair cut. Plus he pays €22 odd for it which is mad anyway so I'm trying to find somewhere better for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

Cocolola wrote: »

Himself normally goes to Figaro's but he usually just walks in on a Saturday and ends up with one of the women (as he never books the lads) and more often than not comes out with a not-so-great hair cut. Plus he pays €22 odd for it which is mad anyway so I'm trying to find somewhere better for him.
    Both the lads in JC's are excellent, I've had both cut my hair and both did an excellent job. James would be more experienced but Darragh is just as good imo.

Culleeo wrote: »
    Both the lads in JC's are excellent, I've had both cut my hair and both did an excellent job. James would be more experienced but Darragh is just as good imo.

That's great thanks a mil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Cocolola wrote: »

You sound like his mammy :pac: I have had my hair cut by the girls and they arent too bad! In fact there was one girl there who left on maternity leave (blonde hair) she was great at cutting my hair. Hope she returns!

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    You sound like his mammy :pac: I have had my hair cut by the girls and they arent too bad! In fact there was one girl there who left on maternity leave (blonde hair) she was great at cutting my hair. Hope she returns!

Haha I do actually don't I :D

Ah no he just doesn't have internet access so asked me to check here. I couldn't give a fiddlers about my own hair never mind his but we're going to a wedding this week so he wants a "nice" hair cut, his words. Also, the woman who cuts my hair is gone on maternity too. Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Back on topic, does anybody use modern man on Sarsfield street? Purely out of handiness I've alwasy gone to to them when I'm in Limerick.
    I went there once with a Groupon voucher and wasn't that impressed. The woman who cut my hair chatted away throughout to her friend who'd dropped in, and took over half-an-hour for a cut that shoulda lasted 10-15mins max. And it wasn't a great cut, I was snipping "missed bits" of it myself a week later... maybe I got her on a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

My question is somewhat related to this thread, where can one find pomade in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Figaro's! Or any of the hackett barbers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Oaklands1981

Where's the girl from jonnys in castltroy gone she was a stunner and good at the the cuts as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Culleeo

I went to Johnnys or Maxs a few years ago, can't remember which one it was but anyway, they used to give a discount for students. As I was sitting getting my haircut, a traveller went up the pay, the following conversation took place.

Traveller: Student boss.
    Barber: Have you student I.D?
    T: No boss, I forgot it.
    B: I can't give you the discount without I.D.
    T: I swear I'm a student.
    B: Where are you a student?
    T: In UL.
    B: What course are you studying?
    T: The sums boss.
    B: Go away you chancer.

Que, the whole place erupted, it was the funniest conversation I ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Got to hand it to Stephen In Ali Barbers again today , as per usual gives a great haircut and got a voucher for money off a haircut in September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

RVN10 wrote: »
    Got to hand it to Stephen In Ali Barbers again today , as per usual gives a great haircut and got a voucher for money off a haircut in September

Got to hand it to the girl in "modern man" today myself, no idea of her name but I was telling her the place was getting quite a name for itself as the place to go and told her have a look in on this thread.

I''ve been to many barbers over the years in Limerick, but for €15 and a good cut, where other barbers charge €25 for same, I couldn't argue anyway!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I need a haircut and I'll probably get it done tomorrow. I've no problems with my current barber but part of me is tempted to check out some place new. #firstworldproblems :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

Lads,

:D Gas. I must say though that Mr. Hayes certainly knows his stuff and he is a funny man.

I drop in there for shaving supplies. (Proraso)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement