Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Westmeath won their first championship against Meath today, so now Westmeath is the primary Meath. Regular Meath is now East Meath.

Thanks, I hadn't a clue what was going on in that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

Just wondering why is there no new Photoshop competition? The current one is nearly a month old and we've had ideas for the new one, posted in the suggestion thread weeks ago.

It also makes you wonder what's the point in having a suggestion thread, when suggestions appear to be ignored. There are 6 Mods in this forum and can someone not start a new competition?

I hope the intention isn't to try and let the thread die, because it's one of the better threads in this forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

There are actually only three mods but point taken, been busy the last few weeks and it has slipped a bit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tabnabs wrote: »

Do you know what would have been actually funny, as opposed to offensive? If the tag had read 'duck'...

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Photoshop Comp done.

Apologies about the delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

New Home wrote: »
    Do you know what would have been actually funny, as opposed to offensive? If the tag had read 'duck'...

Not sure if you saw this - https://www.google.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q=google+apologises+for+gorilla

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Allyall wrote: »

I don't know if I'm missing something else from the whole fracas.... I did see that google apologised for that extremely offensive tag (which their 'software' shouldn't have put there in the first place!!) - I was referring to the fact that the girl in the photo is pulling that extremely annoying duck face expression, and that if would have been funny (to me at least) if the 'software' had recognised the pursed lips and tagged the photo 'duck'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

980x-19.jpg

Funny why? It doesn't sound anything like Michael D Higgins!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

New Home wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm missing something else from the whole fracas.... I did see that google apologised for that extremely offensive tag (which their 'software' shouldn't have put there in the first place!!) - I was referring to the fact that the girl in the photo is pulling that extremely annoying duck face expression, and that if would have been funny (to me at least) if the 'software' had recognised the pursed lips and tagged the photo 'duck'.

Just saw your reply. I didn't think it was funny either, but I was just pointing to why it said what it said, instead of Duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

YyW2Grs.png

Because the man they elected has done to do what he said he would do, instead of doing a u-turn once he got into power

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Because the man they elected has done to do what he said he would do, instead of doing a u-turn once he got into power

Yay. Our banks are closed, we're running out of food and medicines. But hey, this guy done what he said he'd do. Yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Tabnabs wrote: »
    CIqfTzUUMAA_w0g.png
    ????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Synode wrote: »
    Yay. Our banks are closed, we're running out of food and medicines. But hey, this guy done what he said he'd do. Yay

They backed him in the referendum didn't they? Maybe stay away from the sensationalist media for five minutes and get your news from elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

They backed him in the referendum didn't they? Maybe stay away from the sensationalist media for five minutes and get your news from elsewhere?

And now he's flushing their country down the toilet - maybe you should do a bit of reading up on what's actually happening there. Anyway, off topic. There's plenty of threads elsewhere to talk about this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

Synode wrote: »

Hey, but at least they aren't bailing out the German banks.

Back on topic. I wish they'd ban Fr. Ted references in the Photoshop thread. It's completely unoriginal and seems a lazy option compared to posters who actually make an original effort.

Back on topic. I wish they'd ban Fr. Ted references in the Photoshop thread. It's completely unoriginal and seems a lazy option compared to posters who actually make an original effort.
    Down with that sort of thing!

Careful now.

:P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Hipster camera, drawing a blank.

Is it that it's described as hipster? The lack of thanks lets me know it's not funny anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Hipster camera, drawing a blank.

Is it that it's described as hipster? The lack of thanks lets me know it's not funny anyway.

I thought maybe it was actually worth loads of money and yer man is selling it for 28 yopes. But then again up until about a year ago i thought meme was pronounced me-me, so dont take my word for it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I thought maybe it was actually worth loads of money and yer man is selling it for 28 yopes. But then again up until about a year ago i thought meme was pronounced me-me, so dont take my word for it

I was thinking the money thing as well then looked up some similar cameras on ebay around the same price so don't think it's that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

I think the (alleged) joke is that the seller described it as a hipster camera, to flog it easier?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

The sesame street gang pitching in to buy a new house???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Al Capwned wrote: »
    The sesame street gang pitching in to buy a new house???????????

Oscar the groutch is in the bin in the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

What's the story with the 3 Carol Vorderman's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

patmac wrote: »
    What's the story with the 3 Carol Vorderman's?

Its the song 'Sweet Carol-line'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

3 carols in a line with the word sweet over it Its a sweet caroline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I was thinking the money thing as well then looked up some similar cameras on ebay around the same price so don't think it's that.
    I was going to post something similar - that's a Zeiss Ikon Contina camera, not really a premium item e.g. I saw one on eBay for €45. Zeiss are known for their lenses, but their camera bodies didn't do very well. If it had been a Leica, on the other hand ... :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

I wanted a normal bike, you b******s

i.imgur.com/JWuPmKO.jpg?1

?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement