Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90xr experts

Options
  • 23-01-2009 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am about to purchase a triton t90xr to replace my old t90si. Just a few questions i hope you can answer for me. With the sterling euro almost parity i can get some good value if i shop in the north. I asked these questions in the shop but they where unsure of them so just to be 100% i hope you can answer them for me.

With regard to the fittings at the back of the shower, i know that the english sizes of pipes etc are different will this effect when installing the shower?
    We work with a different voltage than northen Ireland so is the shower set up differently and will this affect my usage?
    One last question, will the guarantee be affected if i use the shower(if it is designed for the north) in the south?

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭skinthegoat

I'm afraid I can't help with your queries, and am going to be very cheeky and instead ask for your help. I'm in a similar situation to yourself, thinking of replacing my old T90i with a T90XR, and am wondering what's the best price you've found up north? I've checked a few UK websites, but haven't been able to beat Woodies here in Dublin, who've quoted me €256 after my OAP's Thursday discount. That's for the 9.5kW model; I think the 8.5kW is under-powered.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bibibobo

I'm afraid I can't help with your queries, and am going to be very cheeky and instead ask for your help. I'm in a similar situation to yourself, thinking of replacing my old T90i with a T90XR, and am wondering what's the best price you've found up north? I've checked a few UK websites, but haven't been able to beat Woodies here in Dublin, who've quoted me €256 after my OAP's Thursday discount. That's for the 9.5kW model; I think the 8.5kW is under-powered.

I just installed my 8.5kW model and think its heat output is ok. In this weather i'm up at setting 8 on main dial at highest heat level and the heat output seems adequate anymore might melt the skin of your back.
    As for the original poster i think english and irish fittings are pretty much interchangeable ie. 15mm v 1/2" as they are compression fittings. The T90XR in ROI comes with a 15mm elbow. If you buy it up north and it comes with a 1/2" elbow then just replace that with a 15mm elbow if your really worried although i don't think its absolutely necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

i fitted a shower recently (triton) that was bought in the north and we used std 1/2'' connections.
    as for the electrics im not aware of a voltage differance between us and the north, but on the outside of the box on the t90 xr it give you full spec and what you need in relation to plumbing and electrics.
    however it does tell you that you need an mcb with a 32 amp rcd, this was the old way of wiring them, these days most electricians will use a single 32 amp rcbo

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Traditional

The triton shower is a popular shower , but a lot of people dont realise that they burn a huge amount of esb and give a terrible performance , a watering can would be better , as you have to turn it up all the way this time of year . i got a power shower fitted and its like being in a hotel great shower , it can do low medium strong and ex strong .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mjohun

Hi, to your Triton power shower owners could you possibly tell me what AMP you use to supply power to you shower. I live in a flat and when i moved in they had a 13AMP fuse in but every time i turn the temperature knob to high the fuse will blow I’ve changed 3 fuse already and i was wondering if i were to put in a higher AMP if that will help. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Regards
    Marsha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

See post No. 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mjohun

Thank you that's been a great help didn't spot it in the previous as I am so naïve when it comes to anything electrical

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

mjohun wrote: »
    Thank you that's been a great help didn't spot it in the previous as I am so naïve when it comes to anything electrical

Very.:) I would get an electrician for this one if I were you. If there was a 13amp fuse on this i would be worried what else is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

The t90xr is generally interchangeable with the 3 control t90si

Some of the mounting holes/slots are in different positions

but on a flat tiled wall,that should'nt be an issue

I have found the xr only has 3 heat settings (cold, 1 element or both)

where the si had 4 (cold,small element,bigger element or both for full heat

On the xr I find the dial has to be turned up a fair bit to get good heat

but its not an issue,they are as good as the si for heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

I'm having problems with my Triton 90xr. The temperature setting seems to be messed up. Even at the lowest setting(on the number dial) on the first hot setting, it is boiling hot. Then sometimes it goes from boiling hot to cold. It is out of warranty now. Can anyone tell what the problem is and how much it would cost to fix it?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

mjohun wrote: »
    Hi, to your Triton power shower owners could you possibly tell me what AMP you use to supply power to you shower. I live in a flat and when i moved in they had a 13AMP fuse in but every time i turn the temperature knob to high the fuse will blow I’ve changed 3 fuse already and i was wondering if i were to put in a higher AMP if that will help. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Regards
    Marsha

Do not change fuse amperage without consulting an electrician. The cable sizing may not be sufficient to carry the extra current and could result in the cable overheating and going on fire. :eek:

christo82 wrote: »
    I'm having problems with my Triton 90xr. The temperature setting seems to be messed up. Even at the lowest setting(on the number dial) on the first hot setting, it is boiling hot. Then sometimes it goes from boiling hot to cold. It is out of warranty now. Can anyone tell what the problem is and how much it would cost to fix it?

Thanks

Have you changed the head for a non standard head. This usually happens if the flow is to fast from the head.

Have you changed the head for a non standard head. This usually happens if the flow is to fast from the head.

Are you saying replace the shower head that comes with the unit? This seems a bit of a strange thing to have to do. I would have thought the shower head on it would be pretty good quality. I have soaked it in limescale remover several times, but that hasn't helped.

I'll go and buy a new head for it then.

Cheers.

christo82 wrote: »
    Are you saying replace the shower head that comes with the unit? This seems a bit of a strange thing to have to do. I would have thought the shower head on it would be pretty good quality. I have soaked it in limescale remover several times, but that hasn't helped.

I'll go and buy a new head for it then.

Cheers.

No I am wondering if the head on it is not the orig head. This can sometimes give trouble if you change the head but dont use the same one.

No I am wondering if the head on it is not the orig head. This can sometimes give trouble if you change the head but dont use the same one.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. It's still the original head on it. It's a real nuisance because I thought I was buying a good quality shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Clarri

Hi,
    Just found this thread and would really appreciate if someone could tell me, do these burn out quickly? We have only had ours for about 5 months, and it seems to have burnt out. A plumber told my OH that you should only use them for 10 mins at a time, but i have long thick hair, so there is not a hope of showering in 10 mins, and surely, they should be a little bit stronger, after paying over €200??

Clarri wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just found this thread and would really appreciate if someone could tell me, do these burn out quickly? We have only had ours for about 5 months, and it seems to have burnt out. A plumber told my OH that you should only use them for 10 mins at a time, but i have long thick hair, so there is not a hope of showering in 10 mins, and surely, they should be a little bit stronger, after paying over €200??

Its a leading question like how many miles do you travel a year in your car. Different answers for different situations

But dont worry phone eartridge on mon/tues and tell them you have the shower 6 months and its burnt out. They will send someone out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 adam.e

Im afraid that your best bet is to buy one here in the south,we have different pipe sizes than the north and the voltage is different toohave a look in heatmerchants plumbing supplies,i buy all mine in there for about 210.

Cheapest triton shower is in Woodies.I have looked around as i fit quite a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

Clarri wrote: »
    Hi,

I have fit 4 triton t90xr showers in a gym I train in 3 plus years ago, 3 of them get used very heavily between 8 and 10pm 4 evenings a week, plus regular use throughout the week.
    It would not be unusual for the 3 showers to run 30 mins non stop.

So in answer to your question I would say they are not designed just for 10 mins use at a time.
    If your shower is giving trouble after 6 months I would contact wherever you bought it from as it's under warranty.
    It may not be burnt out though, but whoever fit it should be able to tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 wayne g

Just noticed this thread now, but if anyone can help me it would be fantastic. I have a triton t90xr shower about two years now but recently i have noticed that when the unit is turned off, water has started to pass through the hose/head. Cleaned the filter but when i put the filter back in the same problem persists, hoping this is fixable and i dont have to buy new unit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

wayne g wrote: »
    Just noticed this thread now, but if anyone can help me it would be fantastic. I have a triton t90xr shower about two years now but recently i have noticed that when the unit is turned off, water has started to pass through the hose/head. Cleaned the filter but when i put the filter back in the same problem persists, hoping this is fixable and i dont have to buy new unit

If you look under the shower beside were the hose comes out, you will see something like this 06/08...This was the manufacturing date...You have 2years warranty from that date..

If you ring Maynooth shower doctor, they will ask you the date and if in warranty they will make appointment and send someone out...

Click Here

It sounds like the dial needs to be re set. A common simple problem. Turn the shower off. Take the cover off and turn the water dial back to zero then reposition the face of the shower. Let me know if this does not make sense

Thanks for the replies, checked manufacture date but its 12/07 unfortunately. Also tried resetting the dial, there were two dials under the cover. the first one clicked into 3 positions so left that alone, second one was the one under the 1-10 dial on the cover so turned that one anti clockwise til it stopped and put cover back on. Unfortunately this didnt stop the water from passing through. If you can think of anything else or if i didnt follow your instructions correctly let me know, thanks again

Thanks for the replies, checked manufacture date but its 12/07 unfortunately. Also tried resetting the dial, there were two dials under the cover. the first one clicked into 3 positions so left that alone, second one was the one under the 1-10 dial on the cover so turned that one anti clockwise til it stopped and put cover back on. Unfortunately this didnt stop the water from passing through. If you can think of anything else or if i didnt follow your instructions correctly let me know, thanks again

This is the main reason for water flowing through. i cannot think of another reason. sorry.

no worries, thanks for your posts:)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

Sorry for the late reply, it could be the solenoid assembly not closing fully, (grit in the enclosure). Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭imasmeasmecanbe

This could well be the wrong place but i hopefully mods will pick me up and point me in the right direction. I still have the old triton t90 si unfortunately. Recently the pressure had been decreasing and on monday it gave out altogether, im no expert but i do work in the DIY business and know my way around most things... long story short i though at first it was an airlock, but i have bled the thing dry and the cowboys who installed the shower had used qualpax to run the water from the tank so icant bleed it from there without replaceing the whole pipe. I am more than happy to do this but before I do want to make sure im not barking up the wrong tree and making needless plumbing work for myself.

help much appreciated.

This could well be the wrong place but i hopefully mods will pick me up and point me in the right direction. I still have the old triton t90 si unfortunately. Recently the pressure had been decreasing and on monday it gave out altogether, im no expert but i do work in the DIY business and know my way around most things... long story short i though at first it was an airlock, but i have bled the thing dry and the cowboys who installed the shower had used qualpax to run the water from the tank so icant bleed it from there without replaceing the whole pipe. I am more than happy to do this but before I do want to make sure im not barking up the wrong tree and making needless plumbing work for myself.

help much appreciated.

How old is the shower...It sounds like the pump has worn out due to age..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

help much appreciated.

There is a bleed screw on the shower.

Its actually more like a nib..

Turn off the power at the fuse board.. open the cover of the shower, and about 3 inches from the left of the electric connection terminals there is a little white nib, turn that anticlockwise.. that will / should bleed the water out, it shouldnt be airlocked unless the pipe feeding the shower is very badly layed and rises at some point.

As joey said it sounds more like the pump. Any noises?

Advertisement