Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I've been avoiding this....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

3 miles- 2 by 10 min mile 1 by 8 min mile.
    Miles this year 196

30 mins tempo peaking at around 7.40, I didn't go at that for long maybe just a minute and ran most of it over 9 min mile. Long week at work, and I feel like I'm coming home waving at everyone and heading back into work again! So I'm tired and grumpy and just want to keep myself ticking over this week!
    Miles this year 199

5 mile 2.5 at 10-10.30, 2 mile at 9.30 half mile at 9. I felt great after the run! Okish during- I met a fella running with his dog- I could be starting a trend in the village!
    Miles this year 204

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

madon wrote: »
    I met a fella running with his dog- I could be starting a trend in the village!
    On Monday we met a guy running with 3 dogs, all off lead. We pulled ours aside to let them past and when a couple of his got distracted by mine all he had to say was "run" and off they went. Brilliant :D I know a few who run with their dogs... haven't seen anyone else with a canicross kit though:)

littlebug wrote: »
    On Monday we met a guy running with 3 dogs, all off lead. We pulled ours aside to let them past and when a couple of his got distracted by mine all he had to say was "run" and off they went. Brilliant :D I know a few who run with their dogs... haven't seen anyone else with a canicross kit though:)

I'd love if Juneau was that disciplined! If another dog comes over to play he's delighted I say 'on' he goes deaf! No I haven't seen anyone either but I see more and more running with there dogs especially on the beach.

Today ran in a local charity 5k (measured 3 miles on my watch though so thats what I'll go by) Done in 25.49. It leaves me with a bit of work to do to get 10k below 50 but I should get there by the end of the summer.
    Proper training starts tomorrow (or Tuesday!)
    Miles this year 207

• Advertisement

40 minute tempo-
    5 mins at 10.30 pace
    5 mins at 10.00
    5 mins at 9.30
    5 mins at 9.00
    3 mins at 8.30
    2 mins at 8.00
    5 mins at 9.00
    5 mins at 9.30
    5 mins at 10.00
    And 4 mins at 11 min to get back home!
    They are rough times I found I was constantly running way to fast or too slow and was only falling into the right pace when it was time to speed it up or slow it down:rolleyes:
    Felt good on this besides having to run into a strong wind (was easy coming back though!)
    Covered 4.6 miles
    Miles this year 211.6

7*200 at around 7 min mile was limited time wise so done hafl the distance but quicker pace hoping this would compensate! Including warm up and cool down 3.5 miles covered.
    Miles this year 215.1

6.5 miles in around an hour- was debating whether to do 5 or 7 miles so I just got so far and ran til I got home! Had to walk across some stony bits and junp away from waves and that so it was more of an 'out for a run' rather than a 'training for a run':D
    Miles this year 221.6

3 miles slowly in the park with the dog- we got too warm and walked another 2.5 miles.
    Miles this year 224.6

50 mins tempo- I didn't really stick with it I started at 10 min mile for the first mile and peaked at around 8.30- I wasn't in a speed mood today but was happy to keep plodding away covered 5.25 miles anyway which I was happy enough with.
    I've a cut on my heel that was annoying me near the end coz the compeed blister plaster started slipping off and (I'm afraid to write it and make it real) I might have felt a tiny niggle in my calf (I actually got a dart of pain in my thigh and then felt a heaviness in my calf after it) hopefully it is nothing.
    Miles this year 229.85

• Advertisement

Wasn't going to run tonight but it was so lovely- decided I'd just go for 3 but I didn't want to turn around so ended up with 4.5.
    Miles this year 234.35

8 *qurter mile at race pace
    Over ran number 4 so decided to keep going, doing 4 and 5 together.
    4.17 miles covered in just under 40 mins
    Miles this year 238.52

8.03 miles in 1.17 was very enjoyable!
    miles this year 246.55

5 miles with a stop off for a paddle in the sea- took it easy on this one as its my fifth run this week.

4.85 miles- took it easy, I was a bit stiff, and I want to be fresh for the lovely intervals tomorrow:rolleyes:

Ran 1 mile and a bit to the beach with my son (we thought his soccer and GAA training was cancelled this week),
    Then I done 6*200 yard of what my body classes a sprint! - pace below 7 min mile (avg 6.50) which nearly killed me while my son joined in for a few bits here and there. Then we jogged home, to find out his GAA training is on tonight!
    4.37 covered altogether.

5.3 miles- with human company, and the dog too. Into lovely strong winds. Done in 51.05.

5.5 miles- first 3 miles in 8.30 min mile next 2 miles in at 45 mins and the last half mile slow warm down. 5o mins altogether.

5.03 done it faster than I thought, wasn't looking at watch cos I wanted to keep it slow.

5.04 felt like I had a belly full of chocolate:pac::pac::pac: I kind of did!!!so I was going to cut it short and only do 3 mile but I ran 2.5 mile around the road and got to the beach to discover the tide was full full in so ran back the way I came- so another 5 run (well 5.04!) Slow and sluggish!

• Advertisement

Wednesday 11th 3.03 miles-
    Thursday 12th 8*250 yards at around 7.30 pace 4.16 covered altogether.

10k today in Emly Tipp, was a lovely run but I was missing something- everything should have fallen into place but I just didn't feel it (I felt like I was really unfit and struggled through it) Think I did get in under 54 but I'm nowhere near breaking 50.

7.54 in around 1.12. Nice run, no pains or aches from yesterday so maybe I could have put a bit more in. Got a stitch at the end of the race yesterday and again today- maybe I need to drink more water.

A little change to intervals today- I went down the beach to do them and the tide was coming in so I ran up sand dunes across the back of the beach and across the grassy paths and back down on to the beach, keeping the pace around 7.30- 7.40. It was only around 150 yards but I was out of breath at the end of each one. Jogged back along the beach to recover between each one. By the last up hill i was nearly on my knees crawling up! All that and the jog there and back covered 5 mile.

50 minute tempo, down the beach. Didn't want to do it but I've only 3 runs this week. Keep trying to convince myself the rest will do me good, felt tired today during the run but feel better now for it. Tempo was alright 5.38 in 50 minutes, ended up a bit away from home so ended up running 5.67 altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

madon wrote: »
    Think I did get in under 54 but I'm nowhere near breaking 50.

I can only dream of such a time :o Well done.

Thanks LB- IF I knew everything went into those 54 minutes and I had not an ounce of energy left after it I wouldn't be disappointed- I think whats annoying me more is that when I'm feeling it getting a little tough (around 7k) I'm not trying to just get through it I'm talking myself into giving up a bit and then when I get my 'second wind' and pick it up again I have loads left at the end.
    I need to have someone stand around 7k mark and give me a kick up the a$$!!!

6.04 miles- 57 mins.
    I thought i was doing great running down the beach at around 8.50 min/miles not even breaking a sweat and not slightly out of breath. Then I turned at 3 miles to run back into the wind that was on my back and I struggled to keep the pace below 10 min miles:D I'm sure running into a strong wind has its benefits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

resistance training:D, well done, its hard running into the wind sometimes...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Going great there madon and well done on the 10km. 54 mins is a great time and as you say you were having an off day too. Sub 50 will be within reach soon

Advertisement