Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1800hotels.ie - what's happening?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Blogschief wrote: »
    For future reference, book with you bonded travel agent, believe me the prices are as good as the web and you can see and feel them! I understand accommodation only stuff may not be covered so book a package, after all you will be flying overseas anyway....I really can't understand why people can put their faith in UNREGULATED web based services, I feel really sorry for those that have lost out but think about it....a Florida based company taking bookings for hotels on the web that they book through someone else who in turn books 'distressed' rates with the hotels....and ypu can't get hold of them....no liquidator, no phones being answered, no regulatory body, no bond....

TBH Blogschief if this was a company that was only running a year or so with no history of providing people with a service you could preach to people. But these guys have been running years with alot of us using them multiple times. I booked with them twice this year for a hotel in New York in Jan and a Hotel in Oslo in Feb. I have also used them multiple times over the last few years along with Hotels.com, Lastminute.com as well.

I am however surprised that people did book using debit cards as that is the equivalent of paying cash. I would never pay for anything on the internet using a debit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dids6457

I called You Travel having read the link about 1800 hotels on their site. I called the number on the website and was given another number and an extension number.
    Was speaking to an English lady who knew about the saga and confirmed they had not been paid.
    She reconfirmed the booking and for the same price as we had paid previously (but double now when you thin we have paid twice)!
    I am waiting to receive their confirmation email now.
    I also called Bank of Ireland who said they were aware of the situation and were waiting for official confirmation about 1800 going bust and that they should have that today and they will refund the money to the card...phew!
    She said people who paid with laser have no comeback..sorry to those guys :(!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WALSH PAUL

JUST BEEN ON TO YOU TRAVEL,WHO SUPPLY 1800 WITH HOTEL ROOMS.UNFOURTUNATELY 1800 HAVE ALREADY TAKE THE MONEY FROM MY CREDIT CARD BUT HAVE NOT PAID YOU TRAVEL FOR MY ROOMS.HAVE TO RE-BOOK DIRECTLY WITH YOU TRAVEL TO SECURE MY ACCOMODATION WHICH WILL COST MORE THAN THE ORIGNAL PRICE I GOT FROM 18000 +2.5% CREDIT CHARGE HANDLING FEE.HAVE TO THEN RING MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND DEAL WITH IT IN THE DISPUTES DEPARTMENT TO TRY GET MY MONEY BACK!WHAT A BUMMER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ruthmor

Just got onto the portuguese company (like youtravel) who told me that they're in the middle of cancelling all the holidays 1800hotel had booked because they weren't paid a penny.

Rang our credit card company and they are refunding our money if we send a print out from the website showing that they are bankrupt, or even a newspaper clipping and a letter stating the amount we paid and the date etc. It tales about 30 days to be refunded.

If you have a booking get straight onto the "payable by" company and then onto your bank!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dids6457

WALSH PAUL wrote: »
    JUST BEEN ON TO YOU TRAVEL,WHO SUPPLY 1800 WITH HOTEL ROOMS.UNFOURTUNATELY 1800 HAVE ALREADY TAKE THE MONEY FROM MY CREDIT CARD BUT HAVE NOT PAID YOU TRAVEL FOR MY ROOMS.HAVE TO RE-BOOK DIRECTLY WITH YOU TRAVEL TO SECURE MY ACCOMODATION WHICH WILL COST MORE THAN THE ORIGNAL PRICE I GOT FROM 18000 +2.5% CREDIT CHARGE HANDLING FEE.HAVE TO THEN RING MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND DEAL WITH IT IN THE DISPUTES DEPARTMENT TO TRY GET MY MONEY BACK!WHAT A BUMMER

Have you received the confirmation email from You Travel yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WALSH PAUL

NOT YET.UNFORTUNATELY I BOOKED FOR 11 PEOPLE ON MY CREDIT CARD SO I HAVE TO SPEAK TO THEM AND LET THEM DECIDE WANT THEY WANT TO DO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I am however surprised that people did book using debit cards as that is the equivalent of paying cash. I would never pay for anything on the internet using a debit card.

True with Laser. Not so much with Visa Debit, which has a similar protection scheme to Visa credit cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

homerdog wrote: »
    The demise of 1800 Hotels is another example of the 'double standards' in the Irish Travel Trade.

Dozens of these hotel brokers sprung up during the boom years without any regulation, bonding or licencing. Many of them have gone the way of 1800 Hotels leaving many disgruntled customers many of whom have paid in full only to find the bookings were cancelled because that money never reached the hotel.

Whats the answer ?. Book through a travel agent. They have to be licenced and are bonded, so any money paid is protected, And because TA's are impartial, they source hotels from many different suppliers .

Don't always believe that internet bookings are always cheaper. Whats the good of that if your money is gone up the Swanee ?

Homerdog

While yes the package holidays (e.g. flight plus hotel) are covered by the bond, hotel only bookings are NOT covered by the bond. So in this situation it would make 0 difference if 1800hotels were fully bonded as the bond does not apply. So the information about booking hotels with a licensed and bonded agent you have given is inaccurate.

So my advice would be:

Realistically for hotel only bookings the only way to be secure is to book with a big player or a company that has a large company behind it.

established hotel only sites hotels.com, expedia.com, bookings.com
    Other companies would be the likes of falcon, americanholidays.com (American Holidays), (Owned by Tui travel PLC) panorama (Owned by the Thomas Cook group) TUI Travel and Thomas cook are two of the largest travel organisations globally.

Regards,
    Tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 LauraMcGonigle

Hi - by any chance do you have contact details for Hotelbeds - the contact section on their website is not working. Phone number would be great.
    look for one of the following company names one your voucher

Tourico
    Hotelbeds
    GTA
    Hotelconnect
    Youtravel
    Travco
    Mark International

anyone who has a booking phone up the supplier directly and check the booking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Newbee09

ruthmor wrote: »
    Just got onto the portuguese company (like youtravel) who told me that they're in the middle of cancelling all the holidays 1800hotel had booked because they weren't paid a penny.

Rang our credit card company and they are refunding our money if we send a print out from the website showing that they are bankrupt, or even a newspaper clipping and a letter stating the amount we paid and the date etc. It tales about 30 days to be refunded.

If you have a booking get straight onto the "payable by" company and then onto your bank!

Wass this TRANSFAR AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO by any chance? Ive got my parents booked into a hotel in portugal in august. The hotel have resplied to say that reservation is still on their system. But say nothin about money!? This complany could still ring up and cancel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭xraylady

Spoke to Youtravel who have said that they can rebook my hotel for me, but at higher price than 1800. Decided not to go for it and after checking with Bookings.com got same place for €100 cheaper than my original.. So if (when) I get cc to refund, should work out ok. Must say I was very nervous pressing that "purchase" button at end of the transaction tho'!!

xraylady wrote: »
    Spoke to Youtravel who have said that they can rebook my hotel for me, but at higher price than 1800. Decided not to go for it and after checking with Bookings.com got same place for €100 cheaper than my original.. So if (when) I get cc to refund, should work out ok. Must say I was very nervous pressing that "purchase" button at end of the transaction tho'!!

If it was booking.com you should be fine they are owned by priceline and are a nasdaq quoted company.
    They are a large global company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sp_en_ny

Hi Everyone,

I hope this might be of help to you. I would not contact the hotels if your checking your booking is still booked. On your voucher it will say who the reservation is payable by, such examples will be Travco, GTA, Hotelbeds, Tourico, Hotel Connect to name a few.

It is these companies you need to telephone if you want to know for sure what has happened to your booking. The majority of suppliers for reservations that have not yet arrived will be or are in the process of being cancelled. This is becasue they have not been paid for past bookings and therefore have no alternative but to cancel to minimise any further loses.

If your booking has been cancelled then its worthwhile calling the hotel to see if you can rebook it and negotiate a rate with them as opposed to paying them at their rate.

If you booked by credit card you should be entitled to chargeback the amount you paid for your reservation through your bank.

If your booking is with Travco or anyone else for that matter I would advise all passengers to rebook with Travco's retail partner www.onhotels.com. Unfotunately Travco cannot handle the reservations themself because they are simply not geared up to make reservations with the general public and dont have a payment mechanism in place that would be suitable.

All of the telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the suppliers can easily be obtained if you google them. Bearing in mind there may be many thousands of people trying to contact these suppliers my advice would be to telephone them rather then e-mailing them, unless of course your reservation is some way off and you have time on your side to get an answer.

Many thanks.

Hi Sp_en_ny,

Thanks a lot for the advice.

I booked through HotelBeds, but cant find a phone number anywhere - tried the contact section of their website and it keeps throwing up an error.

Any chance you have contact details for them?
    sp_en_ny wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I hope this might be of help to you. I would not contact the hotels if your checking your booking is still booked. On your voucher it will say who the reservation is payable by, such examples will be Travco, GTA, Hotelbeds, Tourico, Hotel Connect to name a few.

It is these companies you need to telephone if you want to know for sure what has happened to your booking. The majority of suppliers for reservations that have not yet arrived will be or are in the process of being cancelled. This is becasue they have not been paid for past bookings and therefore have no alternative but to cancel to minimise any further loses.

If your booking has been cancelled then its worthwhile calling the hotel to see if you can rebook it and negotiate a rate with them as opposed to paying them at their rate.

If you booked by credit card you should be entitled to chargeback the amount you paid for your reservation through your bank.

If your booking is with Travco or anyone else for that matter I would advise all passengers to rebook with Travco's retail partner www.onhotels.com. Unfotunately Travco cannot handle the reservations themself because they are simply not geared up to make reservations with the general public and dont have a payment mechanism in place that would be suitable.

All of the telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the suppliers can easily be obtained if you google them. Bearing in mind there may be many thousands of people trying to contact these suppliers my advice would be to telephone them rather then e-mailing them, unless of course your reservation is some way off and you have time on your side to get an answer.

Many thanks.

Hotelbeds is the more awkward of them all becasue they have offices all over the world which then fall under regional/global offices. What country were you going to stay in ?

• Advertisement

Hotelbeds is the more awkward of them all becasue they have offices all over the world which then fall under regional/global offices. What country were you going to stay in ?

hi sp_en_ey - staying in Agadir in Morocco, not til December thou...

Not sure what office this would fall under. try calling 0034 971 624 245 if this is the wrong office then you should be able to get the correct number you need. Good luck.

How would i get in touch with TRANSFAR AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO ??!

Newbee09 wrote: »
    How would i get in touch with TRANSFAR AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO ??!

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=TRANSFAR+AGENCIA+DE+VIAGENS+E+TURISMO

Maybe the third option? I'm assuming you are going to portugal.

I have to say this company rings a bell with me but i have come across so many companies with a similar name but different variations. Firstly have you booked hotel accommodation through them or is it a transfer/sightseeing tour ? I am not sure but i think they could be based in Brazil. I will look into it some more and if i find out anything concrete will let you know. Sorry i cant be of more help for now.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for the help guys! It was a present for my mums 60th birthday so as you can imagine were tryin to get it sorted before she finds anything out!! thats what the voucher says payble through TRANSFAR AGENCIA DE VIAGENS E TURISMO

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

It's on LiveLine NOW again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 24hrhotels

In the event your booking is cancelled www.24hrhotels.com is an Irish Company and an agent for Youtravel, HotelConnect and many others.

You can pay by Paypal or Credit Card through paypal which is a very secure method of payment.

You can search the site and rebook your accommodation if you are unfortunate enough to have encountered a cancellation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kerjb

Hi All,

The same has just happened to me. I contacted the hotel today and they had cancelled my booking. however when i went to re-book it the price had jumped from €2020 to €3231. extremly unfair and they would not negotiate the the price as they have huge demand for their hotel.

I am so angry as I have booked the flights etc... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 godders

HI All,

I just received the following mail from Youtravel bout my trip due to leave next Thurs...

Original Message
    From: 1800Hotels EMAIL="1800Hotels@youtravel.com"][U][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]mailto:1800Hotels@youtravel.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/EMAIL][SIZE=2 [/SIZE]
    Sent: 14 July 2010 13:26
    Dear Mrs O'Connell
    As you are aware 1800 hotels have ceased trading.
    Your booking has not been cancelled but in order for us to reconfirm it with the hotel we do need to collect the amount of xxx due within the next 48 hours.

We accept all major credit cards, please note a credit card will incur a 2.5% surcharge and debit cards will be a 1% surcharge.

Once you have made payment we will issue you with a new accommodation voucher within 24 hours of the payment being authorised.

Please advise by email if you wish to make the payment and we will arrange for someone to call you to take your card details.

Alternatively if you no longer wish to travel please advise us so that we may cancel your booking.
    Kind regards.
    Emmeline Broad
    Customer service Administrator
    YOUTRAVEL.COM,
    Regus, 3000 Cathedral Hill, Guildford GU2 7YB, United Kingdom.
    t: 0871 426 1681
    f: +44 (0)208 588 9940

Not sure what office this would fall under. try calling 0034 971 624 245 if this is the wrong office then you should be able to get the correct number you need. Good luck.
    thanks sp_en_ny - got onto them and they confirmed that the booking has been cancelled. They were quite surprised that I was able to get a contact number for them thou! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Hi SP would this be the same number if you booked a hotel in the USA, specifically Florida. Thx, W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,033 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Someone just told me they're affiliated with Hotels.com - is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Noel Gibbs

NO ITS NOT TRUE..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Volviclady

Hi

Has anyone got a satisfactory response for Tourico?? I just got this..........

You will need to contact 1800hotels with questions. Tourico is unable to
    comment further.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,033 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Noel Gibbs wrote: »
    NO ITS NOT TRUE..
    Didn't think so alright.

Cheers Noel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

Volviclady wrote: »
    Hi

comment further.

I'm also waiting for a reply from tourico,..just heard disturbing news on joe duffy,..one caller who booked using tsb visa said they will not cover his loss :eek: other banks aib,boi say they will...me thinks tsb are trying their luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

Mine was booked through HotelConnect and I have to say they have been ever so helpful. The reservation ahs gone through to the hotel but they have to wait and see the outcome of the courtcase to see what the next step is i.e. having to pay again is probably the most likely outcome.

I rang the crowd I bought travel insurance from when booking my flight and it looks like liquidation of a company is not covered which is not good news as I paid via Laser. I'm going to get on to the bank and see what my chances are of ever seeing that money again. It's more complicated than if I had booked via Credit Card but it has been known to happen.

Lesson learned though, not booking via Laser card again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 katcali

Found a list of contact email adressess for different countries at http://suppliers.hotelbeds.com/infoSoporte.jsp#ukireland . I emailed Lanzarote which is where we are booked to go and got this reply:
    Dear xxxxxx,

unfortunately this is true and we have not received any payment from this touroperator. Our central has started cancelling all the reservations with this Touroperator 2 days ago. Yours has not yet been cancelled but will be.

In order to find out about your rights and possible reimbursement we suggest to all the guest affected to get in touch with an association called ABTA.

The contacts are the following: email: ABTA@abta.co.uk or the phone number is: 0044(0)2076372444

Also, if you are still interested in coming to the island you have the option of either booking with the hotel directly or via another website that works with us which is HOTELOPIA (where we have had no problems in the past).

Hoping this will help you get this issue solved, I remain.

Kind regards,

Maren Rittner

Cristina Calin
    (Booking Department)

Hotelbeds Accomodation & Destination Services
    Tel: (+34) 928.51.14.09 Fax: (+34) 928.51.09.91
    C/Garajonay, 18 izquierda.
    35510 Puerto del Carmen- LANZAROTE.
    www.hotelbeds.com
    At least we know where we stand in our situation now. We are going to try and rebook our originial rooms. We are lucky in a sense that we know there is availability and if the hotel want to keep our booking (3 apartments) they should honour the originial booking and price. If they dont there are plenty of reasonable places to stay in lanzarote. Different story for those in more expensive places. Hopefully we will get our refund from the bank. Thats another story altogether as we paid by Visa Debit card with Ulster Bank and are giving us conflicting info....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aoifemangan

Volviclady wrote: »
    Hi

comment further.

i rang them again today and got no joy, they have cancelled all 1800 bookings they have. The woman on the phone was very rude, just kept saying it wasnt her problem then hung up.

their phone number is 001 407 667 8700
    all bookings with them have been cancelled and cant be rebooked through them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭aidanodr

http://www.protectmyholiday.com/purchase-cover.aspx?oid=13f48354-139d-48a5-85e4-f6c2a6f1fb13

I know its after the horse has bolted, but this might be of interest for the future. Their are too many airlines, travel companies and so on going bust. This crowd have policys that COVER:

- intermediary and/or booking agents
    - airline
    - pre-paid end suppliers

IF YOU WANT this covered.
    If any of these go bust you are sorted it seems. OK, you might pay a bit more, but alot less than if you loose all the money you paid for your holiday.

Newspaper articles about this crowd:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/2823147/Website-to-provide-cover-for-airline-collapse.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2008/sep/07/insurance.theairlineindustry

Cheers
    Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 8 griffinj

i have been onto ulster bank regarding recharge on my mastercard. They need a letter from the liquidators. Has anyone any idea how i will get this info i don't even know where to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

Hi all,

I called Hotelbeds (got their number from http://www.linkedin.com/companies/hotelbeds) I wast transferred a number of times but eventually got through to a lady in Spain who explained to me that they cancelled all 1800hotel bookings at the start of the month.

She said that I should contact the hotel or use another booking company to reconfirm. Unfortunately the hotel now tell me everything is booked up and their is nothing available in the area.

This just gets more and more confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

i rang them again today and got no joy, they have cancelled all 1800 bookings they have. The woman on the phone was very rude, just kept saying it wasnt her problem then hung up.

shower a bastards :mad: if our booking is cancled I intend to contact hotel direct & offer to pay original booking cost,..whilst claiming a refund through the CC company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Elaine08

Hi,

I emailed my apartments and they said they still have my reservation but it can be cancelled 2 - 3 days before arrival. Now i'm not going to September so at least i have time to get this sorted. I have got the email address from earliers posts for hotelbeds and see what they will say. I just want to check will i get a refund from the booking with 1800 hotels before i rebook with someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭jamser89

Hi

Booked a hotel with 1800 2 weeks ago for the end of August. The confirmation voucher says payable by GTA. I have been in contact with the hotel and they say the booking is there and has been paid for, I then contacted GTA who didnt say much except they are waiting to see etc and that they have contacted the hotel. I am unsure what this means as the hotel has been paid is it still possible that GTA may cancel the reservation?? Not getting much answers dont know what to do. can anyone help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 XxcloudxX

Hey All,

just wondering if anybody has an email address for mark international? rang them already but wasnt really helpful, they said my reservation was still there but he wasnt obliged to tell me if it was paid for. hotel have no reservation so dunno wat to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 meteor27

Im in same boat, booking is under Mark International. I BOOKED ONLINE MONDAY NIGHT, when new broke on Tues, I rang my cc striaght away, they could tell me amount was still pending anf to ring back this morn again. So when I rang this morn, 1800 HAD TAKEN THE MONEY and in literally the last 24 hours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭allprops

We went to la pineda near salou and barcelona at the start of june with 1800. Flew into Barca international. Transfer didn't turn up (A2b as reccomended by 1800) eventually haggled a taxi. Rang the hotel to say we would be late. She said that our booking was cancelled. Rang 1800. It was late at night, eventually go through, they said they would deal with it and within a half hour got a call back from the states syaing it was all sorted and it was. We were staying in barcelona for a night on the way back so I rang 1800 and asked was the booking safe because of what ad happened previously. I was told that all the hotel servers in spain went down and that was what the initial problem was. Our hotel was fine but it was obviously a load of bs. Cracks were there then and they decided to tryy ride it out and take in people's money.

I spoke with some guy there yesterday, but he didnt know enough to help me and advised I emailed fit@touricoholidays.com. Got a silly reponse from them but emailed them back just asking if they can confirm if I have a booking or not.....not hopeful about a response though.

Bank of Ireland said I will have to wait for a liquidator to be appointed before they can refund!!! How long does that kind of thing take!!! I cant really afford to book another hotel until I get my refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Manchgreen

My 1800 booking is also with GTA - I rang the hotel this morning and they said it is still reserved and paid for, afterwards I rang GTA who would only say that everything up to 20th July is cancelled and after date is ok but I still need to check with 1800 which obviously I can't do!

Matt Cooper's programme discussing this now - 16.50pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rock2005

I spoke with Tourico about a booking in September, also got a mail as below

"I have searched the system a bit more with the docs that you sent me and I can again confirm not only that I don’t have a reservation with you, I don’t even have a contract with this hotel for September, so it’d have been physically impossible for me to book it.
    I don’t understand how Freephone could confirm it to you, it makes no sense at all, and I don’t understand how come they say it’s booked through us!!!
    You might want to call the hotel directly to confirm this, and feel free to contact me if their information is any different, but I have nothing.

Regarding the deposit, you need to chase Freephone to get it back. I suggest you check if it was part of ABTA or any other Travel Agency organization and contact them as they have a duty to respond for their members.

Regarding your stay in New York, I suggest you get online asap and get it booked again as otherwise you will end up with nothing, as you don’t have any booking right now. Or even the hotel directly. Maybe they can give you a special deal considering the circumstances (you can always try).

I am really sorry and believe me I would help more if I could, and we would try to keep any existing booking but we don’t even have a contract with the hotel for those dates, so there is really nothing I can do."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭giveth

I had a hotel booked in Boston from July 18th. Both GTA and hotel have said that it is cancelled so at least I know where I stand.

I don't really believe GTA if they say everything after July 20th is ok. I would take it as meaning that they have not cancelled the reservations yet, but will do if they dont receive payment from GTA (which obviously will not happen)! So I would start looking at booking somewhere else if I were you.

Also GTA cannot re-book hotels as they do not take bookings from individuals, only agents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Vimto

My booking is for the 29th July and the hotel has advised me that the booking was cancelled last Saturday!!

Still having no luck getting through to 1800 hotels - even though they are still faxing through their ''offer's'' to my fax machine! :mad:

I paid with my visa debit card - does anyone know if i would be covered?!!! I'm scared paid in full for 8 days accomodation :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement