Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - 2nd. March 2012

167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Jedward tomorrow night, Brendan will take the piss out of them and linda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Linda Martin and the twins tomorrow nite feck pub tomorrow nite so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Of what I saw tonight, it was another god damn awful performance from Tubridy. He is not cut out for interviewing anyone. The absolute pits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

amdublin wrote: »
    Why this has popped into my head I don't know (must be after all the misery):
    Do you remember when Gay rang the lady who had won the prize and her daughter had been killed in a car accident that day.
    Jesus christ it was heartbreaking but he handled it so well

:(:(:(

It went up on youtube recently, am.

It's a tough watch, some people watched it again and said they wished they hadn't.

Why this has popped into my head I don't know (must be after all the misery):
    Do you remember when Gay rang the lady who had won the prize and her daughter had been killed in a car accident that day.
    Jesus christ it was heartbreaking but he handled it so well

:(:(:(

We can only pray it never happens to DLB, he would make a complete ass of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Why does Tubridy always look like he's just coming home from his debs?

Or the Trinity ball.

hondasam wrote: »
    We can only pray it never happens to DLB, he would make a complete ass of himself.

To be fair, I think 99% of broadcasters would have struggled in that situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

I remember that. Gay was a bit all over the place to begin with...but he pulled it together and it became a real LLS 'moment' in a weird kind of way. God forbid anything similar would happen to Tubridy, he'd probably make some awkward joke and start thumping the desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

when am i going to win that damn competition :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Goodnight DLB'ers! Off to bed with/to watch Michael Douglas! :D See ye BOC thread! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I used to like him but now he really irritates me, he is so detached and uninterested.

I have only been watching the show beginning to end for the last few weeks, I get the impression that the people he interviews do not trust him in the least little bit.

Skid wrote: »

It was also lucky gaybo had a nun and a poet on the panel to help comfort her

It would have been very different if he had Lenny Henry or Brush Shields or someone...

I suppose they would, I take it back, he still irritates me,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That is true. Gaybo really is a one in a million.

I love his What's the Meaning of Life programs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

LLS seems to be stumped for guest ideas, Tubs should try getting Terry George and Ciaran Hinds next week to talk about the Oscars and Irish film.

cofy wrote: »
    I have only been watching the show beginning to end for the last few weeks, I get the impression that the people he interviews do not trust him in the least little bit.

I dunno what has happened to him, I think he was good in the beginning, I suppose there is no money in RTE for decent guests and he has no say on who comes on.

Aoife9 wrote: »
    I'll be on the voddie tomorrow nite I'm doing a charity Xfactor thing in my wee town I'm one of Robert Palmers febot guitar girls!

If anyone can take a sneaky video of Aoife tomorrow, we would be very grateful :)

Sooner the better we get a new host for the LLS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

patwicklow wrote: »
    Linda Martin and the twins tomorrow nite feck pub tomorrow nite so

I saw the twins popping out of her top last Friday night on the LLS

• Advertisement

Sooner the better we get a new host for the LLS

I think the LLS has run it's course, we need something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Terrible ideas of how that could go, only one of two ways really.

Option A : How do you feel? and what was your lowest point on hearing the news?

Option B : Puntastic quip.

Option C :...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

at least Gay gave his guests a little bit of hope when they were upset, injected a bit of dignity into proceeding and made them feel like he was actually listening and not just desperately scrambling around inside his head for the next question to ask.

at least Gay gave his guests a little bit of hope when they were upset, injected a bit of dignity into proceeding and made them feel like he was actually listening and not just desperately scrambling around inside his head for the next question to ask.

Three words: NO CUE CARDS

I think the LLS has run it's course, we need something new.

If they did that RTE would replace it with double bill of murder she wrote

Michael Douglas is handsome.

• Advertisement

Strange watching Martin Sheen in The Oval Office, when he is not the President.

Sorry :o

I read the whole thread from where you said. Some poster (think the name was Ghiread or something) came on and everyone started accusing them of trying to derail the thread. So I thought that was jimmy or something. Silly amdub :o

Hi Jimmy btw! I am sure he is reading this somewhere :) Plus watching the show!

Sorry am, only read your post now.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Can of worms there, I should have said nothing, to be honest :o

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

If they did that RTE would replace it with double bill of murder she wrote

Or worse still, Craig "I'm desperate" Doyle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

darlett wrote: »
    Blokes use gyms and eat food. Men are such b*st*rds you see Tubs.

Tubs agrees. Continues...

Do these blokes they were talking about have a Michelin star chef come in to make their joe skinner? It appears they do according to those cheerful women.
    They even have a private gym!
    Liveline on Monday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Aoife9 wrote: »
    I'll be on the voddie tomorrow nite I'm doing a charity Xfactor thing in my wee town I'm one of Robert Palmer febot guitar girls! Soooooooo Nervous I'll need all the help I can get!!:D:D
    Best of Luck tonight, Aoife!!! I hope ye have great fun and ye raise loads of money for the two charities :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement