Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING - Be careful buying from Apple Ireland. Also - Advice desperately needed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

L1011 wrote: »
    This is your bank being deliberately obstructive to try stop you doing it. There is zero need to replace cards after a chargeback, I've done it enough times myself from double charges to bankrupt retailers and non-deliveries with no response. I would have refused to let them do that and threaten the Regulator on them.

They don't want the other party charging them back again. Makes sense.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

whiterebel wrote: »
    They don't want the other party charging them back again. Makes sense.

Which would be criminal fraud if they did; and likely a DPA breach if they held the details.

It doesn't happen, basically. Bank were messing you over.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Ryuzaki

Hi Ryuzaki,

This is the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission replying to your post.

We would like to clarify that apple.com/ie has a registered address in Ireland therefore, products purchased on-line from this store are covered under consumer law in Ireland. On this basis, the product must be of reasonable and acceptable standard and quality, be fit for the purpose it was bought for and match the description given by the retailer or in any advertisements. If a product turns out to be faulty and you are not to blame for the fault, you have a number of options under consumer law and may be entitled to a repair, a replacement or a refund.

More information on your rights can be found at: http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods

We note from your information that you have contacted Apple on a number of occasions but the issue remains unresolved. We would now suggest that you submit a formal complaint to Apple in writing, outlining the issues and how you would like to see the matter resolved. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction you may wish to consider using the small claims process.

Further details on how to make an effective complaint, including template letters and information on the Small Claims Process can be found through the following link: http://www.consumerhelp.ie/how-to-complain

If you would like to discuss the issue further please give our consumer helpline a call again on 1890 432 432 and identify yourself as the caller from boards.ie with the Apple issue.

Thanks,
    Fiona

Oh wow, awesome thanks so much for taking the time to post here and offer advice. This is most likely the exact route I will be following! Like I have said before I want to be open, honest and transparent about the whole situation and genuinely just want to take the right approach but I just genuinely didn't know which that was.

I will follow through on this ASAP and see how I get on. I appreciate your time! Thanks so much!

spyderski wrote: »
    OP, I've read most of this thread, and amount of babble is quite amazing. To clear up a few points:

1 Apple's European online retail operation is based in Cork. Not that this really matters, as EU legislation applies to your transaction, whether they are based in Cork, Amsterdam or Torremolinos! This is FACT and further discussion on this point is irrelevant and confusing.

2 Apple are the largest company in the world (by market cap.) and did not get there by having the appaling level of customer service you describe. In my experience over the past 15 years, with literally dozens of Apple devices, I have found their customer service to be the best I have ever experienced. Their support team in Cork are always incredibly helpful, and in my experience, if they are at fault they will put it right.

3 You continually state how young you are, surely you have someone who could give you guidance on this? Anyway, dealing with CompuB, Mactivate Etc. may have confused the issue, and you are now annoyed at this having gone on for months. The level of detail you have gone into regarding your interactions with various parties would confuse anyone. My advice would be to forget about your past issues with taking calls in college, days off work etc. and contact Apple again, simply stating that you have a laptop which they or their agent repaired in an unsatisfactory manner. Tell them you have given them ample opportunity to resolve the issue, and if you cannot get satisfaction you will go to a solicitor. Forget about free stuff, compensation etc. : get them to agree to replace the laptop. When/if they agree to this you can ask for some form of compensation, but prattling on about it at this stage muddies the waters.

4 In the unlikely event you do not get satisfaction, go to a solicitor. Forget about small claims etc. Any solicitor would love to take on this case (if it is as you describe) because Apple are clearly at fault and the solicitor will be assured of his costs when you win.

Take the emotion out of the situation and get it resolved, then get on with your life, youve already wasted enough time on something that could have been easily resolved with a little guidance. Delaying this issue messing around on boards is actually weakening your position. Deal with it TODAY. An hour or two will sort it one way or the other, hopefully with a replacement.

Sorry if I am being very direct, but I'm trying to get you to deal with this properly. Best of luck.

I appreciate the response and understand/accept the amount of text might seem excessive.

Yep in relation to your first point I do understand this now, but obviously did not in the beginning. I have learned a lot so far since posting all of this.

I understand your experiences have been premier and pristine and all of my friends are of the same belief but I have had replies on Reddit and here saying they have had negative experiences too. I also had an ex-apple service rep PM me and giving his 2c. I am willing to admit they can do their job and do it well but this does not mean my negative experience should be overlooked entirely.

At the time of posting, both my parents were away. My mother had just got the all clear from treatment and so on and I'd like to avoid really any unnecessary hassle on my parents and try deal with this as independently as possible. I do appreciate and take on board your views though and I apologize for unnecessarily straining any points or views, this is my first time ever really posting much online. I would like to point out also like I have mentioned before, it isn't about the compensation and that's irrelevant, the point is my laptop is still broken and that is unsatisfactory to me.

I will look into this, I believe my father has a friend who is a solicitor and if worst comes to worst I can go to him and pick his brain about it but like I said I will avoid any unnecessary stress on my parents if at all possible.

Yeah I understand what you're saying and now that I have received "A little guidance" I am now pursuing my options!

No, no there is no need to apologize at all! I completely understand what you are saying and it makes total sense! I have taken on board everything you have said and I totally value the constructive feedback! Thanks! I'll let you know what comes of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Hi OP,

I've read through your post and most of the replies. The replies are spot on, though I wouldn't bother writing a letter of complaint to Apple (this is going to drag things out a lot longer and you have already been more than amenable to the delays). I would call them in relation to your open issue and inform them that on the advice of your legal representative you are going to be taking legal action if an acceptable solution is not offered within 5 working days.

That will definitely escalate the call to the appropriate levels. Be absolutely firm and polite in your dealings with them that you completely understand that they have been trying to assist but unfortunately given the circumstances and amount of time that has elapsed you "have no other choice" than to file legal action by X (whatever day your 5 working day period ends on). Keep reiterating this.

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Ryuzaki wrote: »
    Yeah I tried Consumer Rights but Apple is established in America and therefore conforms to American Consumer Right laws, namely that everything is at the discretion of the manufacturer.

Who gave you that guff? NONSENSE!

1. There is no consumer rights law in the USA
    2. Your consumer rights can be used as you made the purchase in Ireland (I hope). Had you bought it in the USA you would have an issue but not like this
    3. Under new EU consumer law you have a right to a replacement after ONE not Three repairs.

If you purchased it from Apple online then write to the online store and say you are making a consumer law claim and want a replacement.

If you bought it say at a retailer then tell the retailer same.

It is the POINT of PURCHASE where the claim is made NOT with the manufacturer. Simply state it was unfit for purpose when bought and has had 1 repair (or two in fact) which failed to resolve the issue.

THE END

Joseph wrote: »
    Hi OP,

I've read through your post and most of the replies. The replies are spot on, though I wouldn't bother writing a letter of complaint to Apple (this is going to drag things out a lot longer and you have already been more than amenable to the delays). I would call them in relation to your open issue and inform them that on the advice of your legal representative you are going to be taking legal action if an acceptable solution is not offered within 5 working days.

That will definitely escalate the call to the appropriate levels. Be absolutely firm and polite in your dealings with them that you completely understand that they have been trying to assist but unfortunately given the circumstances and amount of time that has elapsed you "have no other choice" than to file legal action by X (whatever day your 5 working day period ends on). Keep reiterating this.

Good luck.

Hey, thank you for genuinely reading the post. That alone means a lot to me that you took the time out of your day!

The rep dealing with my case is scheduled to ring me on Monday I believe to see if I have sent in my complaint so he can close my case. Should I mention this to him? Should I say I'm taking legal action even if I haven't been in touch with the SCC at that stage ?(It just isn't possible tomorrow I have exams)

I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinion on my current dilemma.

Thank you so much for your response!

seanaway wrote: »
    Who gave you that guff? NONSENSE!

1. There is no consumer rights law in the USA
    2. Your consumer rights can be used as you made the purchase in Ireland (I hope). Had you bought it in the USA you would have an issue but not like this
    3. Under new EU consumer law you have a right to a replacement after ONE not Three repairs.

If you purchased it from Apple online then write to the online store and say you are making a consumer law claim and want a replacement.

If you bought it say at a retailer then tell the retailer same.

It is the POINT of PURCHASE where the claim is made NOT with the manufacturer. Simply state it was unfit for purpose when bought and has had 1 repair (or two in fact) which failed to resolve the issue.

THE END

As stated before, this is the response given to me by the Consumer Right's helpline when I got a callback the next morning. I was actually in the car with my father on the way into college for a presentation we spoke on loudspeaker (Bluetooth radio) so we both heard what they had to say. I had no idea it was bogus and I assume my dad just took what the person who's job it was to deal with these issues knew what they were talking about, despite of his personal opinions.

Hey, thank you for genuinely reading the post. That alone means a lot to me that you took the time out of your day!

The rep dealing with my case is scheduled to ring me on Monday I believe to see if I have sent in my complaint so he can close my case. Should I mention this to him? Should I say I'm taking legal action even if I haven't been in touch with the SCC at that stage ?(It just isn't possible tomorrow I have exams)

I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinion on my current dilemma.

Thank you so much for your response!
    No problem, it's infuriating when people are messed around by big corporations.

I would absolutely say this to the rep. Yes you can say you are going to take legal action, don't have to have sent in the SCC complaint to be able to say you are going to take legal action.

I imagine the conversation going something like this: Unfortunately, given the circumstances and the extended amount of time that has passed, under the advice of my legal representative I am going to be taking legal action if an acceptable solution cannot be offered within the next 5 working days. Something something you're not entitled to do that. I purchased this laptop through Apple Ireland and will be filing legal action on the 7th of December if an acceptable solution is not offered to me by close of business on 4th December.

They're going to keep telling you you can't do that or whatever, you just need to keep repeating, politely and firmly, the 2 bold-ed sentences above. Don't be surprised if you end up repeating this many times, I was once in Curry's repeating something similar for about 30 minutes after being messed about until they realised I wasn't going to back down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

This post actually sounds fantastically incoherent and unlike Apple.

If you buy a Mac from a retail store you will have to take it back there. If direct from Apple you just call them up and they will collect and have a statutory obligation for a year.

Hard to believe anybody advised the op that they had no rights because Apple are based in the US.

• Advertisement

No problem, it's infuriating when people are messed around by big corporations.

I would absolutely say this to the rep. Yes you can say you are going to take legal action, don't have to have sent in the SCC complaint to be able to say you are going to take legal action.

I imagine the conversation going something like this: Unfortunately, given the circumstances and the extended amount of time that has passed, under the advice of my legal representative I am going to be taking legal action if an acceptable solution cannot be offered within the next 5 working days. Something something you're not entitled to do that. I purchased this laptop through Apple Ireland and will be filing legal action on the 7th of December if an acceptable solution is not offered to me by close of business on 4th December.

They're going to keep telling you you can't do that or whatever, you just need to keep repeating, politely and firmly, the 2 bold-ed sentences above. Don't be surprised if you end up repeating this many times, I was once in Curry's repeating something similar for about 30 minutes after being messed about until they realised I wasn't going to back down.

Thank you so much this is the exact type of guidance I'm ideally looking for. A conceptualization of a hypothetical situation really helps me understand what I should do and how to go about it. This has been extremely insightful and I really appreciate the time and effort you are giving me! :D

This post actually sounds fantastically incoherent and unlike Apple.

If you buy a Mac from a retail store you will have to take it back there. If direct from Apple you just call them up and they will collect and have a statutory obligation for a year.

Hard to believe anybody advised the op that they had no rights because Apple are based in the US.

I appreciate the beat-down but I understand where you're coming from and respect your view.

It is unfortunate that you cannot believe that it is possible to have a negative experience with such a premium company like Apple and I was of the same opinion until recent times.

I have tried this solution numerous times, calling them and requesting it to be dealt with if that hasn't been clear enough and the last phone call I had with them I was told they cannot / will not do anything as the rattle isn't a significant hardware problem and won't hinder performance.

Thank you for your time and response! Everything and anything is appreciated and I'm open to all comments and views!

Thank you so much this is the exact type of guidance I'm ideally looking for. A conceptualization of a hypothetical situation really helps me understand what I should do and how to go about it. This has been extremely insightful and I really appreciate the time and effort you are giving me! :D
    Cool, please let us know how you get on!

Don't feel guilty on the phone either, you're being polite, but firm and not backing down. The phone conversation may end without resolution, this is ok because they will more than likely have to escalate it to some sort of executive resolution team.

You may have to be the one who ends the call (they might have guidelines that say they can't be the ones who end it). Might go something like this:

You repeat many times what you have to do (bold sentences). They keep saying no no no you've no recourse. You say okay, no problem and say you are ending the call because no solution is being offered (phrase this politely) but that you will be following through on the legal action and sincerely hope that you hear from them by close of business next Friday with an acceptable solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

I appreciate the beat-down but I understand where you're coming from and respect your view.

It is unfortunate that you cannot believe that it is possible to have a negative experience with such a premium company like Apple and I was of the same opinion until recent times.

I have tried this solution numerous times, calling them and requesting it to be dealt with if that hasn't been clear enough and the last phone call I had with them I was told they cannot / will not do anything as the rattle isn't a significant hardware problem and won't hinder performance.

Thank you for your time and response! Everything and anything is appreciated and I'm open to all comments and views!

I've gotten Mac laptops replaced by Apple or their authorised retailers in a day.

But what's really odd is this.

At this point I just politely asked him for a refund on my laptop as it was still rattling with a crooked screen and to quote the technician (Someone who is qualified to examine, repair etc these products) that the laptop will "Never be perfect again" Unfortunately, Irish consumer laws do not apply to purchasing from Apple Ireland as they are established in the US so the refund or replacement is at the discretion of the Manufacturer

You don't quite say the Apple rep said that nonsense about consumer laws but it's implied. That seems odd to say the least.

Cool, please let us know how you get on!

Don't feel guilty on the phone either, you're being polite, but firm and not backing down. The phone conversation may end without resolution, this is ok because they will more than likely have to escalate it to some sort of executive resolution team.

You may have to be the one who ends the call (they might have guidelines that say they can't be the ones who end it). Might go something like this:

You repeat many times what you have to do (bold sentences). They keep saying no no no you've no recourse. You say okay, no problem and say you are ending the call because no solution is being offered (phrase this politely) but that you will be following through on the legal action and sincerely hope that you hear from them by close of business next Friday.

Awesome! This sounds like the exact plan I will be following as of now! That sounds like the most logical and fair solution to me as of yet!

I will most definitely be posting updates so people can see the resolution and how I dealt with this situation and it might provide some insight to people who find themselves in this situation (regardless of company) in the future!

I totally see what you mean by ending the call myself if needs be and that makes total sense! I wouldn't have thought to include saying that no solution is being offered. That's so helpful, thank you so much! Your kindness and insight is very much appreciated :)

I've gotten Mac laptops replaced by Apple or their authorised retailers in a day.

But what's really odd is this.

At this point I just politely asked him for a refund on my laptop as it was still rattling with a crooked screen and to quote the technician (Someone who is qualified to examine, repair etc these products) that the laptop will "Never be perfect again" Unfortunately, Irish consumer laws do not apply to purchasing from Apple Ireland as they are established in the US so the refund or replacement is at the discretion of the Manufacturer

You don't quite say the Apple rep said that nonsense about consumer laws but it's implied. That seems odd to say the least.

I am glad that has gone well for you in the past and only wish it was the same for me.

The Rep from Apple told me that it was at Apples discretion as to what to do and informed me their course of action would be to continue to try repair the unit. He told me before he could even consider trying to file for a replacement and get it approved that it would need to go through 3 repairs and still be faulty.

I wouldn't have thought to include saying that no solution is being offered.

No acceptable solution is being offered :)

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing it's resolved.

No acceptable solution is being offered :)

Good luck! Looking forward to hearing it's resolved.

Ah, of course. Chances are I'll have this all open for reference during the call!

Thank you so much! I'll let you know of any and all updates!

What is your opinion on emailing complaints to the head of departments etc? I understand others have advised against it but on the reddit thread a lot of people recommended this course of action? Is this just an unnecessary and indirect route to take? Or is it more fair and less serious? I'm just curious to get opinions! Thanks again! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

OP People telling you NOT to write a formal complaint to the retailer are giving you very poor advice!

People telling you to engage a solicitor or other paid legal representation are giving you poor advice that could cost you very dearly if you don't get your costs awarded against Apple in the District court, this is a real possibility as any judge will be aware that the small claims court is specifically for claims like yours and may see you taking this to a full court hearing as wasting the courts time.

Steps you should take tomorrow are
    1. Write a letter of complaint to Apple in Ireland, use the heading "Formal Complaint".
    2. Download forma for the small claims court and fill them in or visit your local courthouse and seek advice from the registrar, ask if they have time to talk to you first and prepare to go back when they are not so busy.
    3. Wait for a response from Apple which should be to offer a full refund or a new replacement, Tell them in the initial letter what has been attempted so far and what you are seeking now.
    4. If Apple are not playing ball finish off the small claims court forma and send them into the Court with the fee. then wait to hear from the Courts

foggy_lad wrote: »
    OP People telling you NOT to write a formal complaint to the retailer are giving you very poor advice!

People telling you to engage a solicitor or other paid legal representation are giving you poor advice that could cost you very dearly if you don't get your costs awarded against Apple in the District court, this is a real possibility as any judge will be aware that the small claims court is specifically for claims like yours and may see you taking this to a full court hearing as wasting the courts time.

1. Write a letter of complaint to Apple in Ireland, use the heading "Formal Complaint".
    2. Download forma for the small claims court and fill them in or visit your local courthouse and seek advice from the registrar, ask if they have time to talk to you first and prepare to go back when they are not so busy.
    3. Wait for a response from Apple which should be to offer a full refund or a new replacement, Tell them in the initial letter what has been attempted so far and what you are seeking now.
    4. If Apple are not playing ball finish off the small claims court forma and send them into the Court with the fee. then wait to hear from the Courts

Hey, thanks so much for your view on it! If I was to go down this route, what should I say when the Rep calls me? That I have filed a complaint and to close my case? or to keep the case open until the issue is fully resolved? He said originally if I file a complaint there is no guarantee it will be addressed but I suppose with the given information and the course of action I am intending on taking included, it should get due attention?

Please don't see me as being totally unwilling and incompetent, I just would like to understand the situation I am in and go about it in the most logical and informed way possible.

Thank you for your input it is most certainly appreciated! :D

• Advertisement

Tell the rep that you are writing to Apple and making a formal complaint as they have not provided a proper repair after at least 2 attempts and now are not replacing with a new laptop or offering a full refunding as you are entitled to.

Tell them you will accept a brand new(not refurbished) replacement or a full refund or you will let the small claims court deal with the matter.

Do not engage with them any further as they are not interested in your rights, they are only working on what they can save their employer.

Hi Ryuzaki,

This is the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission replying to your post.

We would like to clarify that apple.com/ie has a registered address in Ireland therefore, products purchased on-line from this store are covered under consumer law in Ireland. On this basis, the product must be of reasonable and acceptable standard and quality, be fit for the purpose it was bought for and match the description given by the retailer or in any advertisements. If a product turns out to be faulty and you are not to blame for the fault, you have a number of options under consumer law and may be entitled to a repair, a replacement or a refund.

More information on your rights can be found at: http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods

We note from your information that you have contacted Apple on a number of occasions but the issue remains unresolved. We would now suggest that you submit a formal complaint to Apple in writing, outlining the issues and how you would like to see the matter resolved. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction you may wish to consider using the small claims process.

Further details on how to make an effective complaint, including template letters and information on the Small Claims Process can be found through the following link: http://www.consumerhelp.ie/how-to-complain

If you would like to discuss the issue further please give our consumer helpline a call again on 1890 432 432 and identify yourself as the caller from boards.ie with the Apple issue.

Thanks,
    Fiona

This is the only post you need to look at!

He doesn't need to write a formal complaint letter & I wasn't advising him to engage legal representation. This is small claims court business, maximum potential cost is 25 euro.

I'm not talking about going to the District court, and I don't think anyone else mentioned it.

On your second step, don't know why bother they have no obligation to give you advice and OP is clearly within his rights to file a SCC complaint. Waste of time and effort.

On step 3/4, from OPs posts Apple are not playing ball already. OP has spent months trying to deal with them, no point in drawing out the process even further.

This is the only post you need to look at!
    This is a generic response by ConsumerHelp (no offense Fiona).

What is your opinion on emailing complaints to the head of departments etc? I understand others have advised against it but on the reddit thread a lot of people recommended this course of action? Is this just an unnecessary and indirect route to take? Or is it more fair and less serious?

I think this is a lot of unnecessary effort that is going to bring in other channels, you are already in touch with a rep with an open case that has a long history. IMO you should continue to communicate with this rep who should escalate this appropriately.

He doesn't need to write a formal complaint letter & I wasn't advising him to engage legal representation. This is small claims court business, maximum potential cost is 25 euro.

I'm not talking about going to the District court, and I don't think anyone else mentioned it.

On your second step, don't know why bother they have no obligation to give you advice and OP is clearly within his rights to file a SCC complaint. Waste of time and effort.

On step 3/4, from OPs posts Apple are not playing ball already. OP has spent months trying to deal with them, no point in drawing out the process even further.

It is always good to show that you have given the respondent one final chance to resolve the issues by informing them in writing and giving a final ultimatum.

Some poster mentioned the district court and also engaging a solicitor/legal representation, I never attributed that to you.

As for asking the Court registrar for advice on making your claim and what you need they usually like to be helpful and usually give such advice freely if they are not busy. and you are correct they do this without any obligation at all!

All the OP has so far are phone calls and empty v erbal promises etc, having a written letter is something that can show the judge that the OP has been very reasonable in giving the company every opportunity to provide redress!

I think this is a lot of unnecessary effort that is going to bring in other channels, you are already in touch with a rep with an open case that has a long history. IMO you should continue to communicate with this rep who should escalate this appropriately.

escalated to some other section who stall things for 6 months or a year before apple claim their Warranty has expired.........!

Better to get the ball rolling on a proper resolution now rather than wait another few months for Apple to get the finger out!

It is always good to show that you have given the respondent one final chance to resolve the issues by informing them in writing and giving a final ultimatum.

Agreed, informing the rep on the phone with the deadline is the final chance and ultimatum.
    Some poster mentioned the district court and also engaging a solicitor/legal representation, I never attributed that to you.

Apologies, must have missed the post that referred to the District court.
    As for asking the Court registrar for advice on making your claim and what you need they usually like to be helpful and usually give such advice freely if they are not busy. and you are correct they do this without any obligation at all!

Cool. I think their advice will be generic though.
    All the OP has so far are phone calls and empty v erbal promises etc, having a written letter is something that can show the judge that the OP has been very reasonable in giving the company every opportunity to provide redress!

If the OP needs anything written for the SCC, which should stand on it's own legs anyway - it's black and white, could just request call logs through DPC.
    escalated to some other section who stall things for 6 months or a year before apple claim their Warranty has expired.........!

Better to get the ball rolling on a proper resolution now rather than wait another few months for Apple to get the finger out!

It will get escalated to some sort of executive team, can more or less guarantee it and with the firm deadline of 5 working days it won't stall for 6 months. Much more likely to stall for that long by going down the route of sending letters.

Have you some connection with Apple or CompuB That you can make guarantees about their service levels?

The OP has already received the best advice on this thread and wasting more time on the phone to apple is just WASTING MORE TIME.

• Advertisement

Have you some connection with Apple or CompuB That you can make guarantees about their service levels?

The OP has already received the best advice on this thread and wasting more time on the phone to apple is just WASTING MORE TIME.
    Of course I've no connection to the related companies. If I did I probably would have offered a solution rather than advising the OP to make a SCC complaint.

Writing a letter - 1 hour, sending it - 20 minutes, waiting for a response - 4/6 weeks.

Talking to them on the phone - 30 minutes, waiting for a response before deadline - 1 week.

A quicker resolution? Priceless.

For everything else, there's time wasting suggestions.

Advertisement