Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

30 Day Challenge - Little Black Dress & Diet

Options
  • 16-06-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I was wondering has anyone done the "30 Day Challenge for the Little Black Dress" and did they achieve the results they wanted. I'm in my 30's and need to lose about 3 stone, I'm 5ft 7 and weight 13 stone, so ideally I would like to be around 10 stone. I always keep starting a diet and exercise regime but then I just keep falling back into my old habits especially when its that time of month as I suffer very badly from pain etc. So I saw this 30 Day Challenge and I figure if I can make small changes to my diet and should see some results. I started last week drinking 2 litres of water a day, and changed my breakfeast this morning to 3 carrots and half grapefruit juiced and now I will do a healthy dinner. My main problem if carbs....I wanted to know if anyone wanted to start the 30 day challenge with me so we can motivate each other and give each other food tips.....Hope I'm in the right place to post this!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,126 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If you want to make a sustainable change to your diet and lifestyle then you're in the right place. If:
    I always keep starting a diet and exercise regime but then I just keep falling back into my old habits

then I'm not sure another 30 day challenge is what you need. I don't think a breakfast of carrots and half a grape fruit is something all but the most bloody minded would be able to stick to for the rest of their lives. You need to aim for amending your current diet and lifestyle to something that is healthy AND sustainable.

Start here and best of luck:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055157091
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963342

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

I've just started back working out too.
    My average weight was always around 9.5 stone.
    In the last 1-2 years that's gone up to 11 and I'm 5ft 2in. :(
    The goal... get back into a size 8-10.
    i'm not so concerned about the weight aspect.
    I've just started back doing kettlebells :eek: (I highly recommend Galway Kettlebells with Sarah Smith for anyone in the area) ...... it's 40 mins of pure hell but totally worth it.... or at least that's what I tell myself when I wake the following day and can't lift myself from the bed! :D

Food wise... I really struggle with "limiting" myself to food. I'm a carb junkie and it's a very hard habit to break so I've started with small things. I've increased my water intake and aim to drink a minimum of 2L of water per day. Cut back on caffeine (we like our coffee in the office...) I don't eat after 8pm. I've replaced cows milk with almond or rice milk. I've cut out bread and potatoes. I have sweet potatoes instead. I have veg with every meal... usually broccoli or spinach. I also have whey protein which I drink after a workout.

I find that as I get back into a routine of exercise, I'm more inclined to improve my eating habits as well but trying to do both at the same time is too much. I end up craving everything I've sacrificed!

Best of luck with the 30 day challenge. Looking forward to reading about your progress. :)

Advertisement