Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supernatural Season 7 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Can't wait!

Thanking you kindly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Misha Collins (Castiel) back but not as a series regular
    I don't approve of this news! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,490 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Basq wrote: »
    I don't approve of this news! :(

Me either :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Whens it airing?!

Horgan wrote: »
    Whens it airing?!

23rd of Sept 2011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Horgan wrote: »
    Whens it airing?!
    September 23rd.

EDIT: Bah.. too quick for me JP Liz! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

I don't approve of
    Jo(Alona Tal) returning for one episode only. I loved her, stupid fan girls getting all prissy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Promo

Don't think there's much/any new footage in there.

DeWitt wrote: »
    I don't approve of
    Jo(Alona Tal) returning for one episode only. I loved her, stupid fan girls getting all prissy.

I might be one of few but I always liked the characters of Ellen and Jo so didnt mind them popping up every now and then

• Advertisement

http://www.tvline.com/2011/07/ask-ausiello-spoilers-chuck-vampire-diaries-spartacus/

Question: It’s really looking like
    Cas
    is going to be killed off in Episode 2 of Supernatural. Can you give us any hope at all that he’ll survive beyond that? —Tabitha
    Ausiello: Nope, and neither can his portrayer Misha Collins. “I would love to tell you [but] I’m not going to,” he told TVLine over the weekend at Comic-Con. “I don’t like to give away secrets… You might see me a lot next year. If you have a poster of me on your wall, you’ll see me daily. But how much I’ll be on Supernatural is a secret. And I actually don’t know. That makes it easier to not tell you.” When we do see Cas, he will be “drunk with power,” reveals Collins. “He’s trying to do what he thinks a God should be doing on Earth and in Heaven, which is fairly righteous and wrathful. Rectifying the world’s problems. I think he’s making, in many respects, the world a better place. But there’s a fair amount of smiting going on too. You take the good with the bad.”

Question: Any Supernatural spoilers? Please? —Nic
    Ausiello: Look for Sam and Dean’s already difficult lives to get even tougher. After years of skirting the law, the boys are “starting to be found,” Jared Padalecki teased at Comic-Con, which means the Winchesters are “losing a lot of our aces in the hole.” Adds executive producer Ben Edlund, “We’ve been saying that they do things a certain way. Their techniques, their methods – they know what they’re doing. They know their job. They have their support networks. Those things in their lives are going to challenged.” Insert the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid feel showrunner Sera Gamble teased to us back in May, and, “They’re going to find themselves, in a sense, running from lots of guns,” continues Edlund. “The stuff they face this season, it’s massive.” But Edlund believes there’s still room for laughs. “There’s a natural absurdity to being on the air for seven seasons and the number of times they’ve died,” he says. “There’s a quality that’s going to lend itself to a little more ambient comedy this year.”

Source EW

Charisma Carpenter and James Marsters will be guesting in the fifth episode of Supernatural this season.

But who will they play?
    Husband and wife… with a twist!
    Marsters will play a man whose scorned wife (Carpenter), who is also a witch, is taking her anger out on the entire town in the episode, titled “Shut Up, Dr. Phil,” according to TV Line.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,506 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/supernatural-season-7-snippets-from.html
    Misha Collins (Castiel) back but not as a series regular

Balls! [/Bobby]

Any thoughts on season 7 which is almost upon us? I'm not really worried about the mytharc, I think it will generally be OK. Not so sure about the MOTW episodes, hard to keep them to a good standard over 7 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Supernatural, Fringe and Nikita for breakfast tomorrow. Yum. :)

Probably looking forward to this more than the other two. Hopefully they build a great arc with lots of twists, shocks and surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Can't wait to watch tomorrow,and james marsters guest starring is brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It's airing around 2am right? I have nothing better to do, might watch it at 3am. :D

When the opening credits said that Julian Richings and Mark Pellegrino were guest stars, I thought what the hell is going to happen here? :)

What a brilliant episode. Talk about hitting the ground running.....

A fine opener indeed, much stronger than Fringe. No way was Cass going to lose/evacuate the souls only to be back to normal. Nice little nod to the first episode of series 4 which introduced Cass, again Dean asking 'who are you?'

'He was young and sexy'
    Plus the church window.

:D

• Advertisement

Oof. Supernatural is on very icy grounds right now .. changing the image of God to Cass in his trenchcoat? Most awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Very good opening episode but in a strange way I was kind of annoyed Cas as God was done away with so quickly. I expected it to be at least half a season arc. That being said the new arc with this leviatian creatures could be very good. But they need to start giving more hints about the real God sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Loved that opener but yeah, have to agree, I'm not quite sure where the season arc is going to go really. Not sure what they'll do with the leviathan(s) since Mischa Collins won't be in the show too much... will they leave Cas' host body and that's the end of him? Doubtful and I would hope not. Sam's story also seems way too similar to last season really, the wall being gone seems to only affect him at times with the crazy hallucinations but I hope we don't get a whole season of this. Still, strong start and looking forward to more and more of the show as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭StiLL-TrAiNinG

I bet Jimmy is really regretting agreeing to be a vessle now.

Good opener imo, looking forward to seeing where they take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MonkeyKing

A spoiler for supernatural season 7
    Is that
    Joe
    will be returning whether its jus for one episode or more im not sure but her return is pretty certain

MonkeyKing wrote: »
    A spoiler for supernatural season 7

MonkeyKing, welcome to boards - however, if you are sharing spoilers for future episodes, as in this case, you should use spoiler tags for the relevant sections:
    Like this...

Some people do not want to know anything about what's coming up and it's not fair to ruin it for them...

Edit: Seems Mr. E is on the ball! MonkeyKing, it's just something to consider for the future. Anything regarding episodes that have aired is fair game but anything regarding upcoming episodes should be properly spoiler tagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MonkeyKing

J-blk wrote: »
    MonkeyKing, welcome to boards - however, if you are sharing spoilers for future episodes, as in this case, you should use spoiler tags for the relevant sections:
    Like this...

Some people do not want to know anything about what's coming up and it's not fair to ruin it for them...

Edit: Seems Mr. E is on the ball! MonkeyKing, it's just something to consider for the future. Anything regarding episodes that have aired is fair game but anything regarding upcoming episodes should be properly spoiler tagged.

Aw ok sorry about that literally signed up a couple of hours ago. I'll be sure to take proper care in future when referring to such things. Thanks for the advice. :)

So is sam back in the cell...did he ever leave? Confused.com

• Advertisement

Well that was interesting,hate the 2 parters though. It seems that the devil may still be in part of sams brain do you think? And where is bobby gone? I refuse to think he's dead,no way they'd kill him off....again,lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I hope its not the end of Castiel,that was basically him gone for a good while anyway since the vessel exploded under water. Just would be a crappy way to end his story because he was such a great character. Also if they have killed off Bobby then I would be very upset because Castiel is already gone but I don't see them doing it,hopefully!

It seems these Leviatian creatures will be the big bad as you can tell from the opening titles where "Supernatural" is displayed in the black ooze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

There was lots of story content there but I can't help but feel the episode wasn't amazing. The pacing was off, or it was missing music. There was no tension or something. They go back to Bobby's Hosue to find it burned down.. they lost everything, books etc and they can't find Bobby but they don't even seem too upset. Idk, something about it just wasn't great.

Cas has to be back :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Redisle wrote: »
    There was lots of story content there but I can't help but feel the episode wasn't amazing. The pacing was off, or it was missing music. There was no tension or something. They go back to Bobby's Hosue to find it burned down.. they lost everything, books etc and they can't find Bobby but they don't even seem too upset. Idk, something about it just wasn't great.

Agreed, how long was the drive back from where Sam was? and yet the building was charred and no flames at all burning, and no fire brigade to put the fires out :rolleyes:

That episode was directed by Jensen though i think, so hopefully back on form from first episode. I kinda hoped they dragged out the sam nt knowing who was real or fake, Dean or the Devil, it was a good angle and could have played out for a bit longer.

I also dont like these leviathan guys, especially when their face goes bad cgi for a scream, looks kinda lame.

Fingers crossed for episode 3 to pick up to the form we got from first episode, although i cant help but feel it wont :(

The whole leviathan thing is really lazy. Water supply? Cliché.

The possessed people keep referring to a 'him', which means there is one person they can kill to end it all. Lazy lazy lazy.

Didn't like Cas's exit either. After the leviathan takeover last week, I expected them to draw it out for the episode at least, but he was gone before the title card.

Slippery slope after episode 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Jensen is directing next week's ep, I think. 7.01 was much stronger than 6.01 last year, its pacing was very choppy. I thought it was a 9 hour drive, though I may have misheard and perhaps it was only half of that, or less. But yeah, maybe seeing the complete destruction of Bobby's place was a stretch re burning time and so forth. Bobby's place being destroyed is sad, but every now and then shows have to do something like this, now all we need as a beta/alpha site. :pac:

And so, Castiel as we know him seems to be gone, though Misha Collins will probably pop up again. Suitable distribution system for the black sludge, reckon we'll see Captain David Aceveda, sorry, Benito Martinez, again. Sheriff Mills was a welcome return.

Mark Pellegrino tends to be good value, but I'm not hugely enthused by that angle being explored again, that's about my only complaint at the moment. Am not sure what to make of the Leviathan thing yet, some very ropey CGI when their faces go monstery.

Got to agree with most of the comments here and I can't understand why there was no "to be continued..." tag since this was clearly the start of a two parter. The episode simply does not really stand up on its' own.

Another thing that seemed really off was the location of Bobby's place. I remember seeing more of the scrap yard in season 6 and the house looked to be nowhere near a road/fence as it seemed to be in this episode.

As for Cas, I doubt this will be the last we see of him - the "him" boss character that the other Leviathan creatures refer to could still be using Jimmy as its' host or something I guess...

I think I'll have to see next week's episode to be able to better judge this one, it just doesn't do enough on its' own.

Can't see it online yet on <SNIP> ,where are ye all watching?
    Edit : it's ok,found it on <SNIP>

• Advertisement

Oh Dean :( Disappointed there. Loved the dr who reference though :)

No streaming talk, angelll. Its against the charter.

Don't know about you guys, but I was tremendously bored by this one. Worst episode of Supernatural in a long time. Very little humour, and pretty crap monster of the week.

+1 point for a nice dark ending (the second last scene), but other than that it was pretty poor. That CGI teeth thing still looks terrible.

Oh, LOL @ Amy Pond. :o

It was alright, though I'd fault the writing more than the directing. It just didn't have the same drive or momentum as your typical Supernatural episode and Jewel Staite's character was a little thin. Nice catch from the Leviathan guy tracing Sam's fake credit card. The flashbacks were a little on the cheesy side. Think there was also a little in joke about some 3D film Jensen was in - Bloody Valentine? Good ending with the kid at the door, though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Liked the first two, although Cas-as-God should've gone on longer and only then be replaced with the Leviathan arc.

The Leviathan arch as potential but it's a little clichéd right now - it's not too much beyond an invasion-of-the-body-snatchers scenario or even "V" by replacing people in power. Still it's open to interesting angles.

Nutjob-Sam is good as it's an angle they never properly explored last year with the wall being put by Death. I want to see him go completely off the rails, this time with his soul/conscience intact.

As to this week's episode... I was a little bored. Needed more humour, less flashbacks (to two kids who weren't great actors). With Ackles directing it meant less time for the two brothers on screen.

Good ending though - nice and cold. Also liking the continued presence of Bobby. At what point though does he get an "Also Starring" credit? He's still a "Guest Star" despite appearing in more episodes than anyone besides the two leads (and that's including Mischa Collins).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Pretty boring episode though, only redeeming factor was getting to see Jewel Staite on screen again, havent seen her since Firefly/Serenity :(

Not liking this Leviathan angle at all, its the same as the demons, instead of black eyes its gaping jaws, instead of black floating smoke, its black dribbling liquid :cool:

Should have just stuck with the Demons/monster of the week angle till better ideas started brewing tbh..

Source
    Jo Harvelle returns this week

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Munster Blogger

nix wrote: »
    Pretty boring episode though, only redeeming factor was getting to see Jewel Staite on screen again, havent seen her since Firefly/Serenity :(

Not liking this Leviathan angle at all, its the same as the demons, instead of black eyes its gaping jaws, instead of black floating smoke, its black dribbling liquid :cool:

Should have just stuck with the Demons/monster of the week angle till better ideas started brewing tbh..

Agree. Not a fan of the Leviathan at the moment. They need to be bigger and badder. They are being portrayed too much like demons were.

Struggling to see what direction this season is going. Must be due a big twist soon.

Episode 4 was better than last weeks (if only for the last 15 minutes or so...)

Did the Rabbi just let Sam take the rams horn?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Munster Blogger

Mr E wrote: »
    Episode 4 was better than last weeks (if only for the last 15 minutes or so...)

Did the Rabbi just let Sam take the rams horn?

Good stand alone episode really liked the egyptian theme. That scene with the Rabbi just seems to cut short.

Bit of a clip show affair, but I liked how Jo was used here and the Egyptian angle.

There was a good one liner in there, but it escapes me just now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement