Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

+ the clubcard bonus, Im getting one for the mother I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

Thargor wrote: »
    + the clubcard bonus, Im getting one for the mother I think.

Oh interesting, will have to see what the auld one has on her card. Thanks!

So, does anyone know if unlock codes are available for the 5" Moto G?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

Now people have mentioned the Tesco 5" it would be nice if someone could confirm if it is dual sim or not :p

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭de biz

Very disappointed with this phone>battery life and storage.

Even though I have no music or pictures etc on it still it tells me storage full.

Cant even receive text msgs now.

Seen reviews saying this phone was comparable to iphone earlier models¬!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

de biz wrote: »
    Very disappointed with this phone>battery life and storage.

Even though I have no music or pictures etc on it still it tells me storage full.

Cant even receive text msgs now.

Seen reviews saying this phone was comparable to iphone earlier models¬!
    Ahh, come out of it. You've obviously messed something up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

minitrue wrote: »
    Now people have mentioned the Tesco 5" it would be nice if someone could confirm if it is dual sim or not :p
    Pretty sure it has been said her a couple of times that it is dual-SIM.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Where is the cheapest place/site to get the Moto G 4G?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Sagi

does anyone know where I can get the new moto g sim free in cork city over the weekend, argos is out of stock and I could not really find it anywhere else

thx

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyones Chrome costantly hanging? Often i need to close all tabs and begin again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place/site to get the Moto G 4G?

It's unlocked on Amazon for about 182 delivered, and you don't have to use parcel motel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

Just lost my phone this evening so badly need to pick up something tomorrow.
    Does anyone know any place I could pick up the 5 inch Moto G anywhere in Dublin tomorrow?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

David900 wrote: »
    Does anyone know any place I could pick up the 5 inch Moto G anywhere in Dublin tomorrow?

Are you with Tesco Mobile by any chance?

Nimr wrote: »
    Are you with Tesco Mobile by any chance?

Unfortunately not. I'm with Vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Did you try tracking it?

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Did you try tracking it?

I'm not sure how to do that to be honest.
    It's a Galaxy 4 and I didn't have any tracking apps installed on it...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm not sure how to do that to be honest.
    It's a Galaxy 4 and I didn't have any tracking apps installed on it...

Log into the Google Device Manager, it's Google's equivalent to find my iPhone. Not sure if it is enabled by default however.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ShaneU wrote: »
    Would that work on Tesco mobile over here?
    €130 in Xtravision now (4.5 inch version)

I'd be all over this, can't see anything on their website.

Sadly Tesco seemed to have my phone in Belfast and have thrown up a message querying the address but didn't bother to contact me in any way.
    I had tried to get it to a Dublin Parcel motel address by way of the old BT11AA thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I'd be all over this, can't see anything on their website.

Sadly Tesco seemed to have my phone in Belfast and have thrown up a message querying the address but didn't bother to contact me in any way.
    I had tried to get it to a Dublin Parcel motel address by way of the old BT11AA thing.
    Might need to read how parcel motel works. No need for that postcode. You send it to Antrim and they deliver it to whatever motel you have chosen.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Bought this cover for my phone. Worked out at £4.20 including delivery. Took a week to arrive. Am happy enough with quality.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/r.html?C=3AOWPWPM94BIV&K=A1RD0F36IIIGQE&R=ESML0FH5634B&T=C&U=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2Fdp%2FB00NMGAU3G%2Fref%3Dpe_385721_37038051_TE_3p_dp_1&A=YIWXBPBDGAFAM4CDMSHTWGS3FOSA&H=C6NQ0PACAOONVHMPPBONMINQ1S8A

Sorry seems to have gone up from 3 to 4 pounds since I ordered it

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

Managed to reserve a 5" version in Argos in Kildare. It's worth checking once in a while for anyone looking as stock seems to pop up now and again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 certifiable365

I don't see this online on xtravision - is it only available within street stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭dubrov

Tesco mobile have the Moto G 5 inch back in stock at €179.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

As someone else asked, where? It's not online and my local store says they "don't do" phones any more... (which is new, if it's true?).

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Anyone having an issue with their headphone socket? My headphones only fit in loosely, the slightest touch knocks them out. Thinking of returning to Amazon for a replacement.

Anyone having an issue with their headphone socket? My headphones only fit in loosely, the slightest touch knocks them out. Thinking of returning to Amazon for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Catmologen wrote: »

No issue myself and got it on amazon

physioman wrote: »
    No issue myself and got it on amazon

Mine was fine up until yesterday morning, I think the little clip inside has been damaged somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

peckerhead wrote: »
    As someone else asked, where? It's not online and my local store says they "don't do" phones any more... (which is new, if it's true?).

I saw this version in xtravision Limerick in parkway today for 150 euro. They do a small selection of phones in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

I saw this version in xtravision Limerick in parkway today for 150 euro. They do a small selection of phones in there.

The 4g version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

honda boi wrote: »
    The 4g version?

No don't think so.

Advertisement