Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I stopped everything showing under cached processes.

Screenshot_2014-10-21-11-15-41.png

Just found out what it was. Powerful Control.

I removed it and the icon vanished. Funny how it didn't show as a running app or process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

nc6000 wrote: »
    Just found out what it was. Powerful Control.

I removed it and the icon vanished. Funny how it didn't show as a running app or process.
    Is there any settings in the app to have the notification hidden? A lot of new apps have that kind of setup (even Facebook Messenger) to keep the app running.

I just reinstalled it and I see in the settings that I can switch off the icon\notifications.

Thanks for the help, I can get my life back on track now. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Aw, I was going to say it looked like a power toggle app but I didn't want to sound stupid :pac: I could saved you 15 hours of sanity :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Ordered the 16 gig for 129£ on tesco direct with £10 off using TDX-TLX6

Would that work on Tesco mobile over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭tiegan

ShaneU wrote: »
    Would that work on Tesco mobile over here?

No, not unless you unlock it. unlock codes can be purchased on ebay for just a few euro and work very well. Mine was also purchased locked to tesco uk and I unlocked it in this way. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

nc6000 wrote: »
    Do any of you know what the icon is beside Vodafone IE on my Moto G? I can't find it listed anywhere as an Android icon or as a Vodafone one.

Screenshot_2014-10-18-16-55-42.png

Is there any chance that it is just a really low resolution version of the inverted comma thing from Vodafone's logo?

duridian wrote: »
    Is there any chance that it is just a really low resolution version of the inverted comma thing from Vodafone's logo?

Thanks for the suggestion but I found out it was coming from the Powerful Control app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Ah, missed what you said about power control. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

advertsfox wrote: »
    Can you post a pic of both beside each other. I had a Z1 and felt that 5" form factor was too big for my hands - may have just been the square edges though.

325986.jpg

Apologies for the crap quality - not a comment on either handset's camera, obviously - but I think it shows the difference. I didn't appreciate it until I put them side-by-side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

deiseach wrote: »
    325986.jpg

Apologies for the crap quality - not a comment on either handset's camera, obviously - but I think it shows the difference. I didn't appreciate it until I put them side-by-side.

How are you finding battery life in comparison?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

duridian wrote: »

You can turn off the carrier infomation in settings, mobile network settings, see if the icon goes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Simona1986 wrote: »

I'm probably not the best person to ask as I can charge my phone all day at work. In fact, I often don't charge it at home so I rob work's electricity. Yeah, I'm that scabby. All I can say is that I haven't had to change my pattern of charging. I don't notice any difference one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Simona1986 wrote: »

I've had mine since the week it came out. Had gen 1 for 9 months before that. I'm a high consumption user. Battery about same. No big difference. Maybe a little bit worse. Hard to notice difference if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Anyone find the screen (5") a bit too sensitive? Clicking when you just want to scroll?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Have my Moto G 3g about six months now and I must say it's the best phone I've ever had.
    Everything is responsive as hell with amazing screen. Only negatives is the lack of sd slot but i find sd cards tend to slow down phones.

Oh yeah and messages sent via cabbage aren't saved the phone unlike other phones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Oh yeah and messages sent via cabbage aren't saved the phone unlike other phones

That's because the latest version of Android uses Hangouts for texts instead of the old Messaging app for which Cabbage was built for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Pov06 wrote: »
    That's because the latest version of Android uses Hangouts for texts instead of the old Messaging app for which Cabbage was built for.

Anyway to change it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Anyone find the screen (5") a bit too sensitive? Clicking when you just want to scroll?

Yeah that. Only on certain apps though for some reason.
    I find as well that if I switch it off, all the apps on the home screens have moved around when I turn it back on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

€130 in Xtravision now (4.5 inch version)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Now my phone is fecked! :(

I turn it on and it passes the Motorola boot logo but then I'm met with a totally black screen.

I can see light coming through it but I can't interact with it.

Looking it up it apparently happens to 1 in every million phones!

Tried clearing cache and factory resetting... Nothing :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hynesenberg

Getting very very confused with all these different Moto G's popping up.
    Is it still the best phone in this price category? And where is the best place to get one?
    Also which is the better argos offer?
    The
    Sim Free Motorola Moto G LTE Mobile Phone - Black for 199e with argos
    Or
    Sim Free Motorola Moto G 5 Inch - Black 189e with argos?
    Sorry can't send links cause i'm a new user.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Getting very very confused with all these different Moto G's popping up.
    Is it still the best phone in this price category? And where is the best place to get one?
    Also which is the better argos offer?
    The
    Sim Free Motorola Moto G LTE Mobile Phone - Black for 199e with argos
    Or
    Sim Free Motorola Moto G 5 Inch - Black 189e with argos?
    Sorry can't send links cause i'm a new user.

Depends if you want 4g or want the 5 inch without 4g but with a better camera.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have my Moto G a week now and it's a fantastic phone.
    The 8gb storage is fine for me, not expandable.
    The screen size is smaller than I'm used to but it's lovely and crisp.
    And I picked it up off a guy, phone in perfect condition, for €90.
    Probably the best value phone I've ever owned, certainly I'm liking it more than my S4, at least there's no proximity sensor issues.

Lollipop on the way, but running well with Nova and the Flatro icon set.

Next phone will definitely be a Nexus... . Or Moto.... . Unless the Flex 2 is out from Samsung...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hynesenberg

Nolars wrote: »
    Depends if you want 4g or want the 5 inch without 4g but with a better camera.

Thanks! I'm leaning towards the 4g. But for someone not really in the know, what would the big differences between this phone and say the Vodafone Smart 4g be then?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

Does anyone know if any shops are carrying the 5" Moto G? Argos seems to be wiped out across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerrykin22

Tesco have the 5 inch online.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

gerrykin22 wrote: »
    Tesco have the 5 inch online.

Thanks, looking to get it in a store before or over the weekend if I can. I'm not sure if unlock codes are available for the 5" yet either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

€180 for the 5 inch with Tescomobile. That would have been a good deal for me. Even if the phone is locked, it could have saved me a tenner over Argos since I'm already with Tesco.

Advertisement