Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OS X 10.10 Yosemite

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

efb wrote: »
    Now when I TV out with my HDMI adapter the sound goes to the tv too! :D

This is still the single greatest thing about Yosemite

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

54kroc wrote: »
    Since I switched to Yosemite I've been trying to use Safari instead of Chrome.
    I'm happy enough with it but one thing I'd like to be able to do is highlight text, right click and have search with google open in a new tab instead of the current one, is there a way to do this?

Or just hold CMD when clicking search with Google.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Safari's the grouchiest thing for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Hmm.. think I've found a bug. Unplugging headphones while my macbook is in sleep mode, it's like can't figure out what just happened. End result = No sound when it wakes up.

Seems like if you just put it back asleep, plug in the headphones again and wake it up it's ok again. Then you can remove them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Safari's the grouchiest thing for me anyway.

Definitely has its moments, but I like what they have done with it in Yosemite. Makes it my browser of choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hmm.. think I've found a bug. Unplugging headphones while my macbook is in sleep mode, it's like can't figure out what just happened. End result = No sound when it wakes up.

Seems like if you just put it back asleep, plug in the headphones again and wake it up it's ok again. Then you can remove them.

I've found that it takes a few seconds for sound to come through my headphones.

Although that might be due to the fact that there is tape holding the wire together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭shanec1928

anyone on the public beatas having issues where the latest seed updates don't show up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

shanec1928 wrote: »
    anyone on the public beatas having issues where the latest seed updates don't show up?

The latest update published yesterday was pulled. Saw that on one of the Mac sites

airuser wrote: »
    The latest update published yesterday was pulled. Saw that on one of the Mac sites

that was a safari one not a osx beta one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

shanec1928 wrote: »

Yeah I haven't gotten the last seed and not sure about the latest one released this week. They just aren't showing up for some reason. Have feedback assistant installed and got previous betas.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Yeah I haven't gotten the last seed and not sure about the latest one released this week. They just aren't showing up for some reason. Have feedback assistant installed and got previous betas.
    same as that so the last one i got was early november.

Update: The Safari updates were removed from the App Store for an unknown reason, some users were able to install them while they were available while users who check now will not find them.

My updates on the Beta version was there and as above,gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

There are definitely some pretty serious driver issues around the GPU for some of the MacBook Pro Retinas.
    I've certainly been having weird intermittent crashes since I upgraded.
    Hopefully 10.10.2 solves this, otherwise I'm going back to Mavericks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Anyone know how to downgrade from Yosemite?

I followed a tutorial online but no joy. Laptop's being a nightmare since I've upgraded. Safari changed from using google as search engine to open search, which is dreadful. Changed it back to google but it keeps going back to open search. If I press to look at the next page on a thread a new tab opens with advertisement crap. This basically happens on any web page I'm on. Never had any problems with my Mac before this.

Have you tried to delete all the cookies and reset Safari.

You may have some malware

Try.

http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php

This might help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

airuser wrote: »
    Have you tried to delete all the cookies and reset Safari.

You may have some malware

Try.

http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php

This might help

Cheers for that, back working properly:)

Ant11 wrote: »
    Cheers for that, back working properly:)

Delighted.

glad to be of help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Ant11 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to downgrade from Yosemite?

I followed a tutorial online but no joy. Laptop's being a nightmare since I've upgraded. Safari changed from using google as search engine to open search, which is dreadful. Changed it back to google but it keeps going back to open search. If I press to look at the next page on a thread a new tab opens with advertisement crap. This basically happens on any web page I'm on. Never had any problems with my Mac before this.

Run a virus scan!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,505 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Safari's a pain on this, tbh. Still hanging too much.

Advertisement