Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

My god this room has gotten quite lately. what the .. happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Im jealous, Im angry and i told my friends its not like you have an orgasm when your kissing. WFT fuba jub ba jub jub

If i could sqwak tounge i would be a machine or water. Howdy chimkey who the lullaby moo's like chocolate. did you know. micheal ragen the 3rd is from Brazil. he was a parriot from pirates of the carribean that resided in poland till the 9 World war. when chonny the smily came and blew everyone away with a marketing exam. he only got 86% but the kangaroo didntt care he was too busy kissing the kings feet while at the top of a pony reading sqinglish. yes yes yes it is i know what your thinking you can no longer hide from your fear.

Grey will come after you with here needle and stitch and then jamie will go all bad and woop your ass. cause the modorator like that dude from Cars 1 not 2 1 said so. what was his name toenail.

see i lost my dad a long time ago. he moved to this island of the coast of norweireland its a half breed between france and sujumbarica very nice place . see i know you may think this is spam but like for ffs. financial funding security its not it just a simple calculator of time matter and space . and what your reading is now gone .

BAM said the whesel. there are many errors in this dialog cause this is windows 95. god for bid we would not have errors then we would have to write a mac. oh god. Smile like you mean it. come on sing with me . do do do do do do do do do do do do do do do d. smile like you cringe it .

cause the world is full of hate love feeling happiness. purity. and soul. Stand by your man........... he is the one you need this year dont let him go away ....... cause im not monkey. im a decentdant .

if you can sing these 10 song together. you have musical talent. but you cant put the rest into a tune cause Theres no tune its in your mind. im not an emo. im not a clown i just want you to knowwwwwww. I had a dream......

Thank you. for taking your time to read that. god bless your cotton socks i bet there silk. now to paragraph all this. :pac::pac::pac:

Merry Birthday. Now to watch how i met your mother only on CBBs
    My god this room has gotten quite lately. what the .. happened.

See above...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

You cant blame me. this room is always quite even when im not here. You sir. should join my tribe. :D if i knew what it was that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

C&H needs some Jizzlers to spice things up :D

I assume they're happening again this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

All things going well, they shall indeed be making a glorious return. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Can we start a discussion thread or something...? I am ridiculously bored tonight. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Slow Show wrote: »
    Can we start a discussion thread or something...? I am ridiculously bored tonight. :P

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75810584#post75810584

SO PUMPED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

right lads...€50 voucher for Carphone Warehouse...need want a new phone, any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

RolandIRL wrote: »
    right lads...€50 voucher for Carphone Warehouse...need want a new phone, any suggestions?

iPhone!!

the look so pretty,or else the new playstation phone would be useful for boring times.

iPhone!!

the look so pretty,or else the new playstation phone would be useful for boring times.

Apple? EWWWWW!!!

yes i'm one of them

i'm a cheap student, gimme something under €100 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I likes the HTC phones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

Get an absolute brick of a thing and bounce it off the wall for amusement :D

Conor108 wrote: »
    I likes the HTC phones!
    ewww to smartphones as well :P i have a laptop that does me grand, no need for a smartphone for me :)
    AnamGlas wrote: »
    Get an absolute brick of a thing and bounce it off the wall for amusement :D
    I've already been doing that with my current phone (still on my first phone, had it for ~6 years) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭AnamGlas

ewww to smartphones as well :P i have a laptop that does me grand, no need for a smartphone for me :)

I've already been doing that with my current phone (still on my first phone, had it for ~6 years) :D
    She's taken 6 years of punishment :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

^I used to own that phone and it is far from punishing. My one even had Tetris. That **** was the bomb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Everyone needs a smartphone tbh

I only use my phone to call and text. No need for a smartphone :) want? maybe but still not too high on my list. I don't want spending €300 squid on a phone, 'tis madness!

the 6030 is the shiz :cool: fell so many times yet still works. they don't make them like that anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Before my 6303 classic broke a few months ago it was the best <3

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If this deal is still on, it's a very good phone for the price: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056347055

(Samsung Europa Galaxy, 39.99). With 3, if you top up by 20euro, you get free texts to any network, free calls to any mobile network at weekends, and free 15GB internet for the month, an excellent deal! :)

Don't think i'd go with 3 tbh, i send a lot of webtexts internationally (to my brothers) and they don't seem to have them. Don't think Meteor do either and Vodafone are a pile of crap (family has had bad experience), so i'm left with O2 (who i'm currently with and happy enough with them)

Plus the voucher's for CPW so three.ie is out. Thanks though :)

Was looking at the Xperia Play (€159) but unsure about its bulkiness and whether it's actually any good, or just something i want for no other reason just to have it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Don't think i'd go with 3 tbh, i send a lot of webtexts internationally (to my brothers) and they don't seem to have them. Don't think Meteor do either and Vodafone are a pile of crap (family has had bad experience), so i'm left with O2 (who i'm currently with and happy enough with them)

Plus the voucher's for CPW so three.ie is out. Thanks though :)

Was looking at the Xperia Play (€159) but unsure about its bulkiness and whether it's actually any good, or just something i want for no other reason just to have it :P

Take a look at this
    Still very much beta but seems to be working for the most part

hmmm the link to the Windows thing doesn't work (if it's for desktop and not WP7) but i just use Cabbage (made by a boardsie).

hmmm the link to the Windows thing doesn't work (if it's for desktop and not WP7) but i just use Cabbage (made by a boardsie).

That means windows phone.
    And the difference is it doesnt use your webtexts

i have 250 webtexts with O2 that i never use fully anyway, but i'll look into that app if i do decide to get a smartphone. the Xperia Play is available on all networks though from CPW so it's not like i'm forcing myself to one network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Don't think i'd go with 3 tbh, i send a lot of webtexts internationally (to my brothers) and they don't seem to have them.
    Three give you 333 webtexts a month. You should look in to getting a WP7 phone. I like mine, a lot. I also got it for 169€.

Three give you 333 webtexts a month.
    i meant international webtexts :) O2 and Vodafone are the only ones who do them afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

i meant international webtexts :) O2 and Vodafone are the only ones who do them afaik.

I have used my 3 webtexts when my mother was in Spain without problems IIRC.

I think you can send them to irish numbers abroad but not foreign numbers (which my brothers have)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I need to get a new phone so badly! Does anyone have any good recommendations? I'm so confused, and I'm afraid I'll pick a bad one:o

I'm with Vodafone, I always have been, but their coverage has steadily decreased over the last 7 years at my house and it's such a pain in the ass! RolandIRL, that offer you posted about 3 looks really good, but does anyone have any idea what their coverage is like for us ruralites?:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I reallllllllly want a waffle iron

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I need to get a new phone so badly! Does anyone have any good recommendations? I'm so confused, and I'm afraid I'll pick a bad one:o

I'm with Vodafone, I always have been, but their coverage has steadily decreased over the last 7 years at my house and it's such a pain in the ass! RolandIRL, that offer you posted about 3 looks really good, but does anyone have any idea what their coverage is like for us ruralites?:o

As much as i wanna take credit, it was Tim that posted that bargain alert :pac: my friend is on 3 a bit outside Cork city, i'll ask her what coverage is like when i'm chatting to her later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

The Sony Ericson Xperia play thingy is a right phone! My cousin bought it recently and the games are pretty good for when you're bored, and it's performance in everything is good, but it used to be like €450 and now it's dropped to around €160 so you have to question why it's gone so cheap..
    Oh and it's initials are S.E.X Play :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Meehan I'm with 3 and my coverage is fine, but I don't live all that rural - it's the same coverage as I had when I was with vodafone.

Don't a lot of the networks operate off the same masts? So if you have low coverage with one network you'll have low coverage with another!? I'm not sure!

3 only have a 3G setup in Ireland. If you lose coverage on their masts they have a roaming agreement with o2 or vodafone (cant remember which).
    I've lost internet coverage a few times but very rarely lost coverage completely on the bearventure and that took me to the depths of hell :pac:

Oh and the Xperia Play price dropped because its been a completely flop. No other reason really.
    The lower price point has gotten it a few new sales though

Aw thanks lads! I'd nearly buy that Sony Ericson Xperia Play thing for the initials alone:p I'm about 8 miles outside the city which isn't all that much really! Thanks for the help!:)

• Advertisement

Aw thanks lads! I'd nearly buy that Sony Ericson Xperia Play thing for the initials alone:p I'm about 8 miles outside the city which isn't all that much really! Thanks for the help!:)

Its actually a great phone (if a tiny bit chunky but a slide out controller will do that). And the Xperia range has Facebook integration up the hooha for some reason :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Use your cherry points!!!

Mind they don't pop :pac:

oh and my friend says she's never had any trouble with 3 and she's ~20 mins outside cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

On the subject of that, anyone on Next Gen Broadband, I'm not sure if we are but we have "Next Gen Broadband Regular" as an expense on our bill so I assume we have that :pac:

I'm not sure whether we have a 250GB (unlimited but fair policy usage kicks in) cap per month or not, don't want to go crazy on the downloading yet

Just got the text about that:eek: I'm gonna suss that out...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

so I just got a fairly random text from my mother.

"we're related to george clooney"

my grandfather is on a mad geneology buzz in his old age and some researcher told him. I don't believe her, I am nowhere near handsome enough to be related to george clooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    so I just got a fairly random text from my mother.

"we're related to george clooney"

my grandfather is on a mad geneology buzz in his old age and some researcher told him. I don't believe her, I am nowhere near handsome enough to be related to george clooney.

Just accept it, you're famous now :pac: How far away related are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I really really need a new phone, but I hate touch screens and qwerty keyboard phones. I want a phone that can text, call, has a good camera (my one now has over 700 pictures on it) and preferably has a music player, but that's not too important.

I love my one now but it's 3 years old and the space, right, call, hang up, and 9 button just randomly stop working and I'm sick of.teting.this :p. I'll miss it

41HYow5UKEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Just accept it, you're famous now :pac: How far away related are you?

she hasn't text back. tis probably pure obama in offaly levels of relation like 200 years out or something haha

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I really really need a new phone, but I hate touch screens and qwerty keyboard phones. I want a phone that can text, call, has a good camera (my one now has over 700 pictures on it) and preferably has a music player, but that's not too important.

I love my one now but it's 3 years old and the space, right, call, hang up, and 9 button just randomly stop working and I'm sick of.teting.this :p. I'll miss it

41HYow5UKEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The nokiaX3-02 is one of the few I can think of (has a touch screen for navigation only)
    Good phone by most accounts and can be picked up pretty cheap now.

Or the e52. Definitely one of the best phones in its class and can also be gotten pretty cheap now too

The nokiaX3-02 is one of the few I can think of (has a touch screen for navigation only)
    Good phone by most accounts and can be picked up pretty cheap now.

Or the e52. Definitely one of the best phones in its class and can also be gotten pretty cheap now too

Ooo that first one actually does look really nice, and I'm trying to keep it pretty cheap. I'm meant to decide by next week so my mother can buy it, may call down to the Vodafone shop tomorrow and have a look.

Ooo that first one actually does look really nice, and I'm trying to keep it pretty cheap. I'm meant to decide by next week so my mother can buy it, may call down to the Vodafone shop tomorrow and have a look.

Dunno do Vodafone have it. Might have to get it SIM free :/

Dunno do Vodafone have it. Might have to get it SIM free :/

Yeah, Vodafone don't seem to have the best selection of phones, but the Meteor signal at home in Wexford is crap, and all my family are Vodafone.

Yeah, Vodafone don't seem to have the best selection of phones, but the Meteor signal at home in Wexford is crap, and all my family are Vodafone.

Well if you find somewhere you can play with it to see what you think, youd be able to get it online cheap

Long ass review
    http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_x3_02-review-528.php

Well if you find somewhere you can play with it to see what you think, youd be able to get it online cheap

Long ass review
    http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_x3_02-review-528.php

Thank yoou :).

I'm actually so tempted just to get the same phone I have now again but I know my mother'd kill me :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement