Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish man guilty of stealing secret nuclear codes from British navy.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Da bleedin' dope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

Remmy (martin?)

added one word

the cute hoor,SUCCESSFULLY selling secrets is a good aul racket !

Rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

maximoose wrote: »
    Very strange jump in logic you have there.

Why so strange ? rory mc ilroy / daren clarke all english golfers when they win according to English media.. personally if you born in N.ireland that makes you Irish in my view. hence the SMILEY face in my reply was tryin to be sarcastic

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Suppose he doesn't like seaman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

afro man wrote: »
    Why so strange ? rory mc ilroy / daren clarke all english golfers when they win according to English media.. personally if you born in N.ireland that makes you Irish in my view. hence the SMILEY face in my reply was tryin to be sarcastic

Absolute nonsense that has been debunked on here dozens of times. They are always referred to as northern Irish, just as any Murray was Scottish when he won the us open and Olympics. The only people who believe that crãp are bitter little-irelanders...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

summerskin wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense that has been debunked on here dozens of times. They are always referred to as northern Irish, just as any Murray was Scottish when he won the us open and Olympics. The only people who believe that crãp are bitter little-irelanders...

It's not even correct nonsense this time. Usually it's "British when they win, Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish when they don't"

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

yea typical, he is Irish now... if he was a good golfer he would be British...

edit,..... looks like this has been mentioned .....

sealgaire wrote: »
    yea typical, he is Irish now... if he was a good golfer he would be British...

edit,..... looks like this has been mentioned .....

Yep, along with the fact that the bbc never mentioned where he was from but the indo did.

What a shame, can't bash the British for this one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

afro man wrote: »

please, get yourself a map and learn the difference between Britain, the UK, Northern Ireland and England. Rory McIlroy and Darren Clarke have never been and never will be described as English.

What was this guy playing at. Did he really think he could pass the codes to the Russkis without MI5 getting involved?

Aah well, I hear Guantanamo is nice this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Folks, don't turn this into the usual "what constitutes being Irish" thread, and stick to the actual topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

The fool, it was the sub keys we were looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

The Mail has the reason he gave.
    He had wanted to ‘hurt the navy’ because he was angry that a free electrical engineering degree course he had been due to take had been ‘binned’ because of budget cuts.

Eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Deep sea fission for secrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Typical perfidious Irish man.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Then you take things wrong. He's as Irish as you are and so am I. Suck it up.
    No he isn't. If he was he wouldn't be on a submarine in the first place. So suck that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

He is all out to sea now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,856 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

But did he wear a poppy?

That's the big question....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Zebra3 wrote: »
    But did he wear a poppy?

That's the big question....

No but he was wearing a pink carnation and carrying a copy of the times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Aodh Rua

the OP's header and the article say "Irish". I take that to mean Irish as in 26 counties, Republic of Irelandish.

Then perhaps you need to look at a map: "Irish" people come from Ireland, surprisingly. At present the country of Ireland is divided into two states. Everybody from this country is Irish, regardless of whether they are in the independent state, or the state still under British occupation. Some 700,000 people living in the part of Ireland still under British rule choose to hold Irish passports today. Their right to citizenship of the Irish nation is protected under international law.

From my experience the average Irish person in south Armagh or west Tyrone is more culturally Irish than the average person in Dublin who, through tv and internet, is saturated with British (particularly sporting culture) and US culture and has now little attachment to an Irish cultural tradition.

Aodh Rua wrote: »
    Then perhaps you need to look at a map: "Irish" people come from Ireland, surprisingly. At present the country of Ireland is divided into two states. Everybody in the country is Irish, regardless of whether they are in the independent state, or the state still under British occupation. Some 700,000 people living in the part of Ireland still under British rule choose to hold Irish passports today. They have their right to it protected under international law.

From my experience the average Irish person in south Armagh or west Tyrone is more culturally Irish than the average person in Dublin who through tv and internet is saturated with British and US culture and has now little attachment to an Irish cultural tradition.

Oh god no. Another poster with an Irish username talking about occupation... The majority of Nordies, protestant or catholic, want to be part of the UK, leave them alone and let them get on with stealing nuclear stuff.

Yer bloke in the OP felt so Irish he joined the Royalnavy.

• Advertisement

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    No he isn't. If he was he wouldn't be on a submarine in the first place. So suck that up.

Because, of course, Irish people don't go on submarines as a matter of principle?

Somebody should have told one Seán Pilib Ó hUallacháin.

Then perhaps you need to look at a map: "Irish" people come from Ireland, surprisingly. At present the country of Ireland is divided into two states. Everybody from this country is Irish, regardless of whether they are in the independent state, or the state still under British occupation. Some 700,000 people living in the part of Ireland still under British rule choose to hold Irish passports today. Their right to citizenship of the Irish nation is protected under international law.

From my experience the average Irish person in south Armagh or west Tyrone is more culturally Irish than the average person in Dublin who, through tv and internet, is saturated with British (particularly sporting culture) and US culture and has now little attachment to an Irish cultural tradition.
    The equivalent to Godwin on an Irish thread.

Because, of course, Irish people don't go on submarines as a matter of principal, as Seán Pilib Ó hUallacháin could tell anybody.
    The British only allow British born sailors onto their submarines. No foreigners no exceptions.

Because, of course, Irish people don't go on submarines as a matter of principle?

No, because you have to be a UK citizen to serve on a UK submarine...

Oh god no. Another poster with an Irish username talking about occupation

Another poster with an English username defending that occupation. Next obtuse point?

Let me understand this... You think people in the UK are somehow less saturated by UK culture than people in Dublin??? Amazingly ridiculous statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

jesus wept

did you really post that ?

so they dont have internet or tv up north, or in cork or galway ???

what a slimy bit of tripe that post is

I DONT WANT TO LIVE ON THIS PLANET ANYMORE _ BEAM ME UP JEBUS :eek:

Another poster with an English username defending that occupation. Next obtuse point?

It's an American username if we're going to be pedantic.

And there is no occupation. The majority there are happy to be British citizens. Majority.

No, because you have to be a UK citizen to serve on a UK submarine...

Interesting. I was on a submarine a while ago and I was not one of those. Carry on, nevertheless.

But nice attempt to transfer a discussion on "submarine" into one about a "UK submarine". You really didn't follow this thread's development closely, did you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Do you mean John Holland?:confused:

Advertisement