Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Highs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jarhead20

the drugs in ireland would be probably weaker than the stuff you buy in the headshops .

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I'm so borrrred of drugs.

i can get nice weed if makes a difference!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

jarhead20 wrote: »
    the drugs in ireland would be probably weaker than the stuff you buy in the headshops .

Not true at all.
    The stuff in the headshops are piss-poor imitations of proper drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

TedB wrote: »
    I've heard a lot about these so called 'legal highs' in 'headshops' and I have to be honest, I was very skeptical.

1) There's being no research on any of these brands - Pulse, Spice etc. The party pills are particularly dangerous - they have 20 years + research on MDMA, nothing on most of these brands. I don't even think any of them are safety controlled.

AND they are only legal on a technicality. In that, we haven't gotten round to banning these particular substances just yet.

2) I like a bit of weed (Smoke maybe 5 or 6 times a year. Relaxing and a very nice buzz when with a couple of mates enjoying a few tins) So I think to myself - if I can get weed, why the hell would I smoke this crap?

Last night me and a friend tried out the 'Pulse' stuff. Went into a head shop, bought two five euro bags and smoked the balls off it. One five euro bag is the equivilent of a 20 euro bag of weed. Honestly, the stuff blew me away. As strong as weed - if not stronger, considering the quantity we took.

It sets your heartrate mad and it tastes like absolute dung, but it does give you a very very distinct 'high' and a great stoney buss for ages. It seems to be a cocktail of herbs thrown together.

Anyways, what is the story with these legal highs? I can testify that it is as good if not better than the illegal stuff and its so readily available - yet its not the same as weed at all - we don't really know what the long term effects of this stuff is - we know quite a bit about the effects of weed.

I'm not in favour of drugs legalisation, but I am in favour of decriminalising the stuff. It is, after all, a victimless crime (In that the only victim is me, the adult who occasionaly likes to dabble in the odd novelty) So don't try and make this into a drugs legalisation debate.

MATRIXX Had a product callen ZICAM in America which made the company very rich. Only recently it was recalled after too many people lost their sense of smell because of the zinc in the product.

Now The drug companies in the USA are regulated by the FDA. It is very thorough process and nothing gets through that could harm you. Zicam however was a natural product and as a natural product was not required to be tested and verified for approval by the FDA.

Cannabis has been very heavily studied and we know the risks. However i do not know what the effect of smoking herbs might be. Herbs are generally very good for you and its unlikely they will cause any harm but we really do not know. So you have a point although rather than legalise cannabis, perhaps we should test the herbs for any side effects. It would probably much easier than legalizing cannabis. Perhaps the headshop should undertake to review the herbs they use for safety and issue a safety cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

pulse,spice or any other of this ****e you buy in headshops are all bull****,the buzz is sleeping pills mashed and sprayed on the things your smoking and whatever way you take it hahahahaha suckers
    Where did you get the idea that there are sleeping pills in these joints? Sounds like bull**** to me. According to the Wikipedia article, laboratory tests showed Spice's active ingredient is JWH-018. The studies themselves are in German so I can't really give any more information. Some of the ones I've smoked gave me a pretty strong high. Not a good one, but definitely noticeable.
    pirelli wrote: »
    Herbs are generally very good for you and its unlikely they will cause any harm but we really do not know. So you have a point although rather than legalise cannabis, perhaps we should test the herbs for any side effects. It would probably much easier than legalizing cannabis. Perhaps the headshop should undertake to review the herbs they use for safety and issue a safety cert.
    It's been said already, none of the active ingredients in these products are herbal - it's just a marketing gimmick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

cannabis is the safest drug known to man,drink is worse than them all,alcohol is just in the mind and thought of ignorently as not harmful,iv done extacy,cocaine,sleepers,and not to mention the dddrink,drink has the worst effect and buzz,extacy gives u a buzz that you can keep doing extacy and will not go past a certain buzz when u keep taking it it just tops up the buzz thats wearing off extacy is not that harmful you can just overheat,or is harmful to people with high blood pressure or bad heart problems,other than that anyone else who takes extacy will have the best buzz of there life,but well not worth the try,,cocaine, u will not get a buzz from cocaine sniffing it without drinking,anyone who thinks they will get a buzz from snorting on its own is feeling the headbuzz from the amount of novocaine in the cocaine,try it and get back to me with the results i bet you anything the buzz u will get while drinking is ten times better than when u snort it,if you even get a headbuzz at all

Jarhead, this post (along with most of your others) ould indicate to me that you either a)are pretty young, and really do not know what you are talking about or b) anything you've tried, you've been ripped off by.

I've had some of the best coke ever, right here in Dublin, and trust me, it blew my effing head off, without any gargle.

And the 3 days of dying after doing pills (E, not fake stuff) is not worth the €4 each for them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 furly77

seamus wrote: »
    But you don't otherwise know? And you're consuming it?
    Whatever about the danger of illegal narcotics, at least you can do some research before you take it and make the best informed decision on whether to take it.

With these yokes, you just have some undereducated mop head handing you a bag of it and telling you that it's great. You haven't a fncking clue what risks you're taking. Insanity.

well that is the whole point of why drugs are illegal.the risk of taking them.theres no real danger in taking drugs anyways it would be the same in chances as alcohol for anything happening while your on it,your more likely to die falling asleep on a road from alcohol or falling asleep and dying of the cold than dying of yokes.

Jarhead, this post (along with most of your others) ould indicate to me that you either a)are pretty young, and really do not know what you are talking about or b) anything you've tried, you've been ripped off by.

I've had some of the best coke ever, right here in Dublin, and trust me, it blew my effing head off, without any gargle.

And the 3 days of dying after doing pills (E, not fake stuff) is not worth the €4 each for them either.

i actually do know what im on about as i was a former dealer, its mostly people on here trying to say this and that when theyve only done the fake stuff in headshops if anything at all,the coke in ireland is ****,i now no u have not done any good coke because everyone dat has has sais the irish stuff is muck,youv only done irish coke not proper coke mate,,and get ripped,i think not iv been on some buzzes ,and the coke your doing is mixed with extacy that was your buzz its impossible to get not even half near pure coke in ireland iv been to south africa were they make coke,coke is yellow not white the white is novocaine and mixtures they use your buzz was that not actuall coke,so uv done nice irish coke not nice coke ok, ,even the hash buzz in ireland is nothing more than ether and sleeping pills,theres camel **** in hash we smoke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Anybody ever have Poppy Tea? I have been reading up on it the last few weeks and you can order the poppy pods on EBAY and make tea with them and it is meant to give you an opiate high. As far as I can make out the actual buying of the poppy pods is legal but to make tea out of them seems to be illegal. Not too sure though.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Where did you get the idea that there are sleeping pills in these joints? Sounds like bull**** to me. According to the Wikipedia article, laboratory tests showed Spice's active ingredient is JWH-018. The studies themselves are in German so I can't really give any more information. Some of the ones I've smoked gave me a pretty strong high. Not a good one, but definitely noticeable.

there actually is theres no buzz from the stuff they use and i know someone working overseas in a canabinol company in the netherlands and i think they know more than someone from ireland,even the weed in the dam is full of chemicals to pump it out and make it look bigger and taste better

• Advertisement

gazzer wrote: »
    Anybody ever have Poppy Tea? I have been reading up on it the last few weeks and you can order the poppy pods on EBAY and make tea with them and it is meant to give you an opiate high. As far as I can make out the actual buying of the poppy pods is legal but to make tea out of them seems to be illegal. Not too sure though.

yes thats just a few steps and ingredients away from making morphiene

4euro,and i was getting ripped i got them for 2euro a pop

Coke in its purest form is white. I do agree that the coke in Ireland is mostly **** but I'm sure you could get good stuff with the right contacts.

furly77 wrote: »
    i actually do know what im on about as i was a former dealer, its mostly people on here trying to say this and that when theyve only done the fake stuff in headshops if anything at all,the coke in ireland is ****,i now no u have not done any good coke because everyone dat has has sais the irish stuff is muck

So you havent actually done any yourself to base an opinion on??
    ,youv only done irish coke not proper coke mate,,and get ripped,i think not iv been on some buzzes ,and the coke your doing is mixed with extacy that was your buzz its impossible to get not even half near pure coke in ireland iv been to south africa were they make coke,coke is yellow not white the white is novocaine and mixtures they use your buzz was that not actuall coke,so uv done nice irish coke not nice coke ok, ,even the hash buzz in ireland is nothing more than ether and sleeping pills,theres camel **** in hash we smoke

Oh dear.

Seriously man, you are basing everything you say on NOTHING you know yourself.

How do you know what I've done??

If we want to get down to the 'I've done more drugs than you' debate, trust me, you'll lose.

I've done literally thousands of pills, from the early 90's until I stopped about 5 years ago. I think I'd know if my coke was mixed with pills lol

I've done coke from here, in the 'States, in Amsterdam, as well as smoked blow & grass from here (not great), in the 'States (Hydro is excellent), and nearly every variety available in Amsterdam, from many an excursion. The hash here used to be alright, as it mostly came from Amsterdam anyway - I don;t know where you;re getting your info on it being mixed with sleeping pills lol I think I'd notice some white powder in my blow!

And proper coke is pure white, unless a) is hasn't been refined properly, or is dirty or b) its been mixed with something to give it a yellow colour. Most likely food die in the stuff you're talking about.

Why dont you educate yourself with a few youtube vids of coke being made properly, and you'll see then.

Oh, and I never realised they grew Coca in South Africa. Thats a new one.
    4euro,and i was getting ripped i got them for 2euro a pop
    As stated above, haven't done them in years, so wouldn't even know what to pay for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

i actually do know what im on about as i was a former dealer, its mostly people on here trying to say this and that when theyve only done the fake stuff in headshops if anything at all,the coke in ireland is ****,i now no u have not done any good coke because everyone dat has has sais the irish stuff is muck,youv only done irish coke not proper coke mate,,and get ripped,i think not iv been on some buzzes ,and the coke your doing is mixed with extacy that was your buzz its impossible to get not even half near pure coke in ireland iv been to south africa were they make coke,coke is yellow not white the white is novocaine and mixtures they use your buzz was that not actuall coke,so uv done nice irish coke not nice coke ok, ,even the hash buzz in ireland is nothing more than ether and sleeping pills,theres camel **** in hash we smoke
    Opps. You just revealed your secret identity. :(

Terry wrote: »
    You still do it though, don't you?

have you ever smoked canabis,no probably not,so how can you tell what its doing or even what a person thinks that does it,i think only an utter square thinks like that,not washing your plate after dinner would be the equvilant for you doing drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

i actually do know what im on about as i was a former dealer, its mostly

Something about coke being a half buzz and white and a buzz even if its yellowish and what a buzz.

Does that mean your jar head?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

cannabis is the safest drug known to man

No, that would be tea.

Cannabis is, however, less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco. Here's a graph from The Lacent's 2007 study on dangerous drugs:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42718000/gif/_42718419_drugs_graph2_416.gif

PS can't read the rest of your post. Punctuation, man!

Something about coke being a half buzz and white and a buzz even if its yellowish and what a buzz.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Hilarious!!

whatever that meant,i didnt get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

When I work on a case knowing the son-of-a bitch I'm representing is guilty as a priest in a playground but he ends up getting off on a technicality!

whatever that meant,i didnt get it?

Well all the posts as Jarhead, suddenly changed to Furly whatever. Its obvious its the same person.

Sad really!

most of you all on here i bet havnt touched any illegal drug u do the **** from the headshops and think u have and think u know everything about drugs,yea right smoke 2 or 3 times a year and do a few yokes and have done a bit of nice IRISH coke and think your all experts hahahahaha

Well all the posts as Jarhead, suddenly changed to Furly whatever. Its obvious its the same person.

Sad really!

yes it is the same
    not sad just signs in automatically if you have 2 accounts you dingus

Degsy wrote: »
    Not true at all.
    The stuff in the headshops are piss-poor imitations of proper drugs.

yes,but the drugs in ireland are not proper tho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

most of you all on here i bet havnt touched any illegal drug u do the **** from the headshops and think u have and think u know everything about drugs,yea right smoke 2 or 3 times a year and do a few yokes and have done a bit of nice IRISH coke and think your all experts hahahahaha

Everyone, shut up and listen to this guy. He's the real deal!

ScumLord wrote: »
    Opps. You just revealed your secret identity. :(

not really dont give a **** what anybody on here thinks of me or anyone else in that fact im the one with the fat bank account and a few grand in the credit union and a vw passat,what have you got your little fiesta to get you back an forth from college,i enjoy my life with what i want to do while all you working class are slaving the overtime just to pay the bills then wait the weekends to enjoy urselfs,and im admitting to nothing theres proof were my income comes from ,,go on mods ban me for sickening the pussys in life

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

yes,but the drugs in ireland are not proper tho

There's enough activie ingredients in the heroin to (10% or so)get you strung out real good..just look around town...if it was pure gear there wouldnt be a junkie left in town they'd all be dead from OD.
    Okay the hash and coke is shiite but the commercial varieties of hash are ALWAYS shiite..its taken form the 3rd and 4th seivings of the plant when most of the good resin glands have been used already to produce the good stuff and the god varieteis like black afghan and moroccoan gold are nearly vanished from the irish market.
    The coke has been stepped on so many times it'll almost never come out at greater than 30% purity unless you're buying it by the kilo.
    The 100 euro bags that the friday night brigade are snorting contains as much dental anasthetic as anything and its this thats giving people the numbed-up nose and throat.
    beleive me,pure cocaine is a very different animal indeed,a line the size of a matchstick will keep you wired for most of the night.

Everyone was saying they think the headshop drugs are ****e...

• Advertisement

Degsy wrote: »
    There's enough activie ingredients in the heroin to (10% or so)get you strung out real good..just look around town...if it was pure gear there wouldnt be a junkie left in town they'd all be dead from OD.
    Okay the hash and coke is shiite but the commercial varieties of hash are ALWAYS shiite..its taken form the 3rd and 4th seivings of the plant when most of the good resin glands have been used already to produce the good stuff and the god varieteis like black afghan and moroccoan gold are nearly vanished from the irish market.
    The coke has been stepped on so many times it'll almost never come out at greater than 30% purity unless you're buying it by the kilo.
    The 100 euro bags that the friday night brigade are snorting contains as much dental anasthetic as anything and its this thats giving people the numbed-up nose and throat.
    beleive me,pure cocaine is a very different animal indeed,a line the size of a matchstick will keep you wired for most of the night.

exactimundo,spot on ,will not argue with this,i didnt think you could get maroccan gold or anything other than the dirt polm going around

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement